PDA

View Full Version : Q3 Jail Break:POW Mod

Fragetti
03-23-2003, 06:57 PM
I am testing Q3JailBreak:POW Heres what you need.
dont for get to read the readme file after you download.
Backup your q3config file just in case.

What is JB:POW?

Jailbreak: Prisoners of War (JB:PoW) is a Quake3 teamplay modification where your objective is to send all the players on the opposing team to jail. Whenever you frag an opposing player, they will respawn in your jail. Sounds easy, right? Except that while you are trying to send the opposing team to jail, they will also be trying to put your team in their jail. You can free your jailed teammates by making your way into the enemy base and pressing the release button. It also may be possible for prisoners to escape from jail, if they work together.
While in jail, a player can 1. be freed by a team mate hitting the release button within the enemy base, 2. use teamwork with others in the jail area to escape, or 3. use a personal teleporter.
The match continues until a team has reached the capture limit set on the server. Teamwork is important in JB:PoW. Capturing your opponents, freeing your teammates, escaping from jail, and even stealing weapons from your enemy's armory all require effective teamwork.
Unlike other team games where some players always play offense and others play defense, JB:PoW will require you to play both at different times. If you normally play defense, and the rest of your team is in jail, you get on offense and get into the enemy base to free them. The momentum in the game can shift very fast as well, as a group of prisoners can suddenly be freed and looking for revenge.
JB:PoW is a joint release by Black Knight Productions and Team Reaction, combining the strengths of their Prisoners of War and Q3A Jailbreak mods, as well as adding new features and maps.

Download this
JBreak.exe (http://www.fileplanet.com/section.aspx?s=75150)

JailBreak Web Page
JailBreah Home (http://www.planetquake.com/bkp/jbpow/features.html)

(fileplanet-meankeys@rcn.com-frag)
Enjoy Fragetti :wave:

Fragetti
03-24-2003, 12:34 AM
:hmmm: When I join I get a connection interuption for a few sec then am good to go. does it give you the server full thingy?

Grimmy
03-24-2003, 06:34 AM
:bandhead: I installed the mod, and still can't join. It says awating game state, and then takes me to the main menu :bandhead:

Fragetti
03-24-2003, 05:39 PM
I do agree with T the AI on the bots does suck. they will lisen to orders so you must control them. I will see if I can turn them up a noch to hardcore. It is a game for hummans
and I think has some potenial. Freeze still rulez