PDA

View Full Version : My edited post in DOA.

HAMMER
09-29-2002, 07:30 PM
Love joy joy love, happiness happiness :)

Life is good here at GameMecca!!!

MR. SLiK
09-29-2002, 07:44 PM
Where? I dont see it.

Phoenix
09-29-2002, 07:45 PM
me either..

Phoenix
09-29-2002, 07:46 PM
what did he edit? What did he change?

SALvation
09-29-2002, 07:50 PM
I've also had a problem with DOA editing my posts at the old forums. If they are in fact leaving us, I would like an explanation why. We have done everything we can to make people happy here. We are providing free forums, an area for their clan, have given them everything they have asked us to do. Does Sasquatch even know what is going on with his clan? If this is him orchestrating a leave it seems pretty two-faced since he has always offered to help us with our new home here.

If DOA wants to leave, fine, but I would like an explanation why. I think everyone on this board would want an explanation about what is going on in their clan.

OUTLAWS The Machine
09-29-2002, 08:01 PM
I for one do not want them to leave. I get along with all of them and enjoy their chat and sportsmanship in the games. Please reconsider if you are planning on leaving.

GothReaper
09-29-2002, 08:06 PM
i dunno what's happening and i'm amember :wink:

HAMMER
09-29-2002, 08:09 PM
The post was deleted. I simply posted that I find it strange that Sasquatch backs people like X-Pax who really shouldn't deserve even a SECOND chance let alone a THIRD, FOURTH, FIFTH, SIXTH...etc., but he turns his back on me. Kind of a strange set of priorities there I think.

The post was edited to say:

Hammer likes it up the butt, their ya go PAL

...and yes, it was misspelled like that too. So...my message never got to Sas, unless he himself edited it, which I would be very surprised at given his sermons about maturity. I doubt it was Pathos, since he and I have had nothing but good words since the beginning. He has always been very respectful, and has responded well to my help on his home network.

This leaves only Scorch or LaSH. I have had many good conversations with Scorch, and haven't been at odds with LaSH that I remember, so I don't know what the motivation is behind the edit of my post, but it was wrongful.

Oh well...I've done what I can. I guess I need to take my medication again.

SALvation
09-29-2002, 08:10 PM
I want them to stay also but I think their management is making decisions for all of them. Whatever is going on they should let us know to get rid of the confusion.

SALvation
09-29-2002, 08:11 PM
Lash was the guy who edited my posts at the old forums. Sasquatch said he had a talk with him but it looks like he has a short memory. :D

OUTLAWS The Machine
09-29-2002, 08:14 PM
I don't think that the members of DOA should leave just because thier leader had a spat with Hammer. That's no reason to pack up and go. I think the DOA members like it here from what I see and a run in with hard-headed Hammer is not uncommon. That's just the way he is.

HAMMER
09-29-2002, 08:16 PM
[quote:0219a916cf="OUTLAWS The Machine"]I don't think that the members of DOA should leave just because thier leader had a spat with Hammer. That's no reason to pack up and go. I think the DOA members like it here from what I see and a run in with hard-headed Hammer is not uncommon. That's just the way he is.[/quote:0219a916cf]

Hey you som-bitch! I am not hard headed!!! AM NOT!!! AM NOT!!!!

*jumping up and down*

OUTLAWS The Machine
09-29-2002, 08:21 PM
LOL.

Morpheus
09-29-2002, 08:23 PM
[quote="SALvation"]If this is him orchestrating a leave it seems pretty two-faced quote]

lol i'm in my school's Orchestra.

Sorry, just trying to lighten the mood.

HAMMER
09-29-2002, 08:23 PM
Yeah, and if I get out of line, just tell me to stop being so GaY! It always worked in the past. Ask Slash :)

MR. SLiK
09-29-2002, 08:26 PM
Sounds like LaSH, he cant spell for shit.

Phoenix
09-29-2002, 08:30 PM
so it was lash that edited the post?

HAMMER
09-29-2002, 08:33 PM
I didn't say that. I've never had a problem with Lash...I dunno. Just wondering is all. I know I didn't edit it LOL

I'll bet it was that shifty bastard Machine. Up to no good again...

OUTLAWS The Machine
09-29-2002, 08:36 PM
hehehe.

No, wasn't me.

Phoenix
09-29-2002, 08:48 PM
ok, I might as well confess :( it was me.....................Sike!!!

BWAHAHAHAHA..........*lalalala*

::: DARK PSI :::
09-30-2002, 12:18 AM
What in the blue hell is going on here? I take a few days off form the forums and all hell breaks loose..

For gods sake another Forum Soap Opera has begun and no one informed me. I am hurt fellas...

But seriously.. DOA you are not going anywhere. You have very close friends here and we all love having you with us.

Hammer is a stubborn ass, so just deal with it, I guess. :) j/k

Sal deals with Hammer's ass every night! YEA! ;)

So no one go anywhere and everyone kiss and make up!

Now who wants a big wet kiss from your sexxy leviathan????

:silly:

OUTLAWS WHOCARES
09-30-2002, 12:40 AM
I do I do.

OUTLAWS The Machine
09-30-2002, 12:41 AM
LOL.

Goober
09-30-2002, 12:59 AM
[quote:e03ffc6f64=":: DARK LEVIATHAN ::"]What in the blue hell is going on here? I take a few days off form the forums and all hell breaks loose..
So no one go anywhere and everyone kiss and make up!

Now who wants a big wet kiss from your sexxy leviathan????

:silly:[/quote:e03ffc6f64]

oooh..........oooh..........I do...I do.......gimme a big wet one you big sexy hunk of man you.............You know you da man fo me.........
OW........STOP.....quit hitting me........OUCH.....Dang, I hate it when the wife reads over my shoulder..........She so jealous.

But on a more serious note..........uh maybe D flat....No wait C minor...yea that's better......Here is a post I made in the private section of DOA

[b:e03ffc6f64]I agree, There is not much use in posting in this forum if the posts are continually getting edited, or even worse deleted....I understand some content may not be suitable for the younger members but I wonder if the censors aren't going to far by deleting content that they find objectionable just because they want to, not because it is unsuitable for this forum. I have never approved of censorship...It reminds me to much of the dark ages when ignorance ruled and common sense was considered a crime or herasy......Edit this if you will...it makes no matter to me. For I am Goober.............for now.[/b:e03ffc6f64]

My hopes are that this will clear up soon.....I have been around too long to put up with adolescent BULL****

SALvation
09-30-2002, 01:02 AM
Good post Goober. Worst case I'm sure other clans would be more than happy to take in members that aren't happy with whatever decision they make. ;)

Dark Reign
09-30-2002, 01:17 AM
I don't want DOA to move either. But Sas wants us to move for a reason, but I feel like I should keep it private.

I agree with you Hammer, that was very immature for my fellow member whoever it maybe, to have edited your post. There is more to this story besides DOA meeting new clans.

OUTLAWS Dixie Chick
09-30-2002, 01:19 AM
[quote=":: DARK LEVIATHAN ::"]
Now who wants a big wet kiss from your sexxy leviathan???? :silly:/quote]

Well, I guess you'll make it worth my wait in line...looks like there are two ahead of me already. :wink:

09-30-2002, 01:30 AM
I personally have no frickin idea why you would want to leave here.

is it to create animosity betweeen clans? a purpose to frag?

:wink:

OUTLAWS WHOCARES
09-30-2002, 01:32 AM
Who the hell knows.
If its because of the Hammer thing.
Come On get over it.

Gun Element
09-30-2002, 01:37 AM
Thats just crazy and weird.

Whats DOA thinking? :x

FASTway
09-30-2002, 01:47 AM
let the baby's go....I don't give a shit.

I sure as hell ain't gonna beg for em to stay...

MR. SLiK
09-30-2002, 01:50 AM
[quote:50737f81c8="FASTway"]let the baby's go....I don't give a ****.

I sure as hell ain't gonna beg for em to stay...[/quote:50737f81c8]

Hehe :) Let the bodies the floor.

OUTLAWS The Machine
09-30-2002, 01:52 AM
We could just ban Hammer and keep all the DOA. LOL

OUTLAWS WHOCARES
09-30-2002, 01:54 AM
[quote:1b3a7daa96="OUTLAWS The Machine"]We could just ban Hammer and keep all the DOA. LOL[/quote:1b3a7daa96]

:popcorn: :rofl: :flasingsmile: :flasingsmile:

09-30-2002, 01:56 AM
:lilangel:

FASTway
09-30-2002, 01:56 AM
some people are too damn sensitive....

get a thicker skin for **** sakes....

Gamemecca blows Seriously! away...and leaving would be such a bizzare childish act.

09-30-2002, 01:58 AM
[quote:9f598adf69="FASTway"]some people are too damn sensitive....

get a thicker skin for **** sakes....

Gamemecca blows Seriously! away...and leaving would be such a bizzare childish act.[/quote:9f598adf69]

I know! i mean we all know FASTway is a frickin retard who cant even find his own shoes never mind play the game correctly... man i whup him every day.

but we still all love him!

and dont get me started on me.

hope u understand im j/k

FASTway
09-30-2002, 02:09 AM
hey my skin aint that thick LOL...

you're right about the shoes though.

Mr Clean
09-30-2002, 04:23 AM
I'm gonna put my two cents worth in...which is a coincidence because I think that's the balance in my checking account right now...

I hope Sas and the DOAs stay here, because they are part of the coolest site around. So I hope they read this and realize they are part of a good thing.

However, Hammer is a great guy, and he cares a tremendous amount about this site. I hope everyone realizes the work involved with this type of thing, and all the ADMINs are great. So as much as I appreciate the DOAs, I'm keeping my loyalty with Hammer and the other ADMINs. They are the heart and soul of this place after all.....

Now, back to making an ass of myself at the other threads..... :P

09-30-2002, 04:27 AM
[quote:c416057c43="FASTway"]hey my skin aint that thick LOL...

you're right about the shoes though.[/quote:c416057c43]

Aww fastway you know i was joking.

:P

Pathos
09-30-2002, 07:28 AM
Well! This'll teach me to not read the forums for a day! <chuckle> Here i was happily returning from a day of Router shopping (i found a nice brown model to match my eyes) to find the place in a bit of a schemozzle. Maybe now my girlie will understand why i spend so much time on here... <naive smile>

But seriously, this is quite the situation. And i will respond here rather than in our private area because frankly my opinion is an open one.

Anyway, as i understand it, Hammer and Sas have had a falling out of sorts, then "someone" has gone and deleted one or more posts pertaining to said dispute? (This had been going on at the old site also?) And on from there.

Well, firstly, i have personally never deleted a single post. I have only used the mod "powers" to move threads to their proper locales when our forum segregation was introduced (DOA Show and Tell, DOA Discussion etc). I was in fact quite reluctant to accept the responsibility, being so new to all this. And at the same time i am proud to have being offered the "role". Kudos to Sas and Lash for the vote of confidence, as ever. I am also quite willing to step down if they think others are more suited to the role. No worries at all and no hard feelings.

Sas and Hammer - i have nothing but the upmost respect for you guys. I think you do a bang up job not only of running your respective areas, but in "looking after" the rest of us, after a fashion. <chuckle> Furthermore, the two of you are both prompt, willing and patient in responding to personal enquiries, whether they be with regards to training, hardware, or any number of idiotic enquiries i know i for one have made. And i think most would find the above is true, with perhaps an additional use of the word "gay" in there somewhere. <laugh>

Bottom line - this place rocks hard! It is my "home" if you will and feel that DOA in part is great BECAUSE of this place, just as the reverse is true; each clan and personalities therein complements the other. It's a sad truth perhaps that our "small" community is what appeals to me most; the fact we ARE able to thus build such familiarity. That we go on to grow and build will be fantastic as well, and it will feel nice to think i was here "before the move" (<cue "before the move" overture>), and admire its subsequent development - that in itself is a reward not only for those running this place, but for all members as well.

Visiting other forums they all seem so sterile (or infuriatingly "kiddie"). Let's not break up what we have. If there really is a problem with private messages and whatnot then lets get to the bottom of it. Censorship of the sort is most definitely a serious issue and SHOULD be looked at with more than a modicum of import. If DOA still moves then i will happily post and contribute to wherever they go, but if so then: 1. We should maintain a strong presence here regardless (to not do so would prove disastrous i feel), and 2. I personally will NOT leave this place. Full stop. Whatever happens.

If animosity prevails then perhaps DOA should set up a private area elsewhere, and leave the public stuff here? Just another option.

In particular, this is in no way meant with any disrespect to you, Sas. I don't know the details of what has gone on, but you know i think you're what this clan is all about, and that it would have fallen apart had you not returned, despite the best efforts of others. I am proud to be a part of your Clan, and hope to continue to be so.

Work it out, girlies. ;) Grab some dencorub and take it to a private booth. <chuckle>

Sirc
09-30-2002, 07:38 AM
I am probably the one to blame for the Hammer-Sas thread being deleted. I am the one that initially asked for that to happen. Perhaps it just should have been closed. But things were getting way out of hand, and I didn't think it was a healthy situation for our new forums. I hate censorship too. But on the other hand, if there were no rules at all, and no one to step in and stop the insanity, then we would have a pure anarchy. That's not good. That's chaos, and chaos can destroy very quickly.

Anyway, here's the Vasilene. <Sirc bends over>. Have your way with me ya big lug! :D

FASTway
09-30-2002, 08:05 AM
Pathos....that was a very well worded post.

I am also impressed by the seamless transition we all made from seriously! to Gamemecca.net.

Let's try to keep our momentum going.....

HAMMER
09-30-2002, 12:38 PM
It turns out nobody is going anywhere. Life is good once again. Thanks for the support!

Y'all is the men! (and the womenses)

Gun Element
09-30-2002, 01:28 PM
I dont think that the DOA clan is going to stay about %80 chance that they wont.

I just hope that the %20 is enough to make them stay. :cry:

HAMMER
09-30-2002, 01:40 PM
Gun, you are not privy to the private conversations we have had with DOA's administrators. I assure you...the word is: DOA stays!

LONG LIVE DOA!!! :)

Phoenix
09-30-2002, 02:34 PM
silly gun :P

Gun Element
09-30-2002, 02:37 PM
Im a pretty silly person. So early in the morning.

Yes long live DOA. :D

Goober
09-30-2002, 05:48 PM
Before I leave to go to work life seemed all smelly and bad........I come home for lunch, Life is all happy faces and sunny smiles...Me so happy.
I want to thank all of you for your support, and thanks Hammer and Sas mending whatever fence was broken.....I agree with Sal that [b:53ffb1e88b]some[/b:53ffb1e88b] censorship should occur to maintain order. Perhaps all disagreements should be taken care of by way of PM's instead of airing our dirty laundry out in public. I do think however that this is a great forum here...Y'all have been very helpful with us po ignorant computer people....(pathos just thinks he's the most clueless one, I got him beat big time) I enjoy the people here, most every day I get a large laugh out of one of the posts. Let's keep it civil so I can go back to being a goofball....I hate having to be serious...........I only want to play serious.....(pun intended) A
Well big hugs all around.....where's that big sexy Lev at??
Oh and Dixie.......you kiss him and I will scratch your eyes out, he's mine I tell you mine.

Mr Clean
09-30-2002, 07:29 PM
Pathos, I have to give you props on that post, that is one of the most eloquent notes ever posted at a gaming site... :!:

It's even better when one tries to read it with an Australian accent...Gday.

Pathos
10-03-2002, 11:49 AM
haha!! Cheers Mr Clean! I mean... hooroo... mate. <aussie wink>

I'm happy things seem to be settling down. <thumbs up> Bring on the fresh drama i say! <puts Flying Doctors on speed dial>

LaSH
10-04-2002, 06:12 AM
Well sorry i am a little to late on this one. Let me straighten up a little.

SAL........ You talk something about two-faced in here. Well it seem to me it has came from you too. I beliave you had a post about me. That had to be edited several times. But it keep coming back. I also beliave it was a negative one at that. And now you want to be all buddy like. Thats fine,i dont hold a gruge.But i will tell you one thing that seperates me from some. I tell you how it is to your face. I dont go behind no bodies back. Now this may piss some pepole off but everyone else has been able to post where they are coming from. SAL i have no hard fellings for you personally. I think it is a wounderful thing you all have done here. But please guys you got a problem with me i posted my email and PM. Their is alot going on here. Its almost like 15 families living under one roof. And im sure some of you know you do good for 2 families to leave together. Also you mention something about me editing your post in the old forums. Please refresh my memory cause i cant remember. It must still be bothering you or you wouldnt have posted it.Like i said i am just reply to what was said.

Now for Mr.Slik...........You mention something about me not being able to spell. Well sorry i didnt know you was the grammer teacher here at gamemecca. Boy im glad im not the only one that cant spell. You know i wrote a little post about this in the old forums. You act like your a smart ma....person. Look it up one day. I promise i will study harder for the spelling test next time teacher. Oh by the way,while were on grammer. Isnt making a sentence make sense part of grammer too? Well mabe you missed that class that day. Quote "Hehe :P Let the bodies the floor" end quote. What the hell? At lest you can understand what i am saying.

And finally FASTway......OL FASTway. Talk about thin skin. See how you take this one? You call us a bunch of baby's here. Then procced to say you are not going to beg for us to stay. Well first off i dont remember no one asking you to. And then you want to complment Pathos on what he had said. You know kinda like you was his bud. The last i checked he is a DOA memeber. And the last i heard you called us cry baby's. This kinda falls in the TWO-FACED category wright?

Oh cant forget about MACH..........You posted a comment that stated you could ban HAMMER and keep DOA. Then you put one of those cute little smile faces beside that. I think those things are so cute. Eneyway if a person didnt know no better he would probably thought you was being a smartass. Kinda like what i am doing here. But gusee what? No gruge here,its all the same to me.

To you oh sweet HAMMER......................I edited your post. Their you happy. But their was a reason behind it. And i promisse you it was not to cause this. I fell like its no one elses bussnies so if you give a crap i will tell you in PM.

Pepole what i am tring to say here is. Their is alot of backstabing going on. And alot of name calling too. But i will promise you one thing. If i got a problem with you my past history shows i will come to you face to face. To some that may not be thier style. But it is mine. And you all have got access to me email and PM so use them more offten. Cause i promise i will yours. So for me this starts a clean slate. I have no problems with none of you. I have said my peace and thats it. Just remember from my past replys. You better think real hard on how you reply to this. If you do. I hope you do but with good replys. But i know that aint going to happen........<oh sorry teacher Slike. Aint aint a word,is it?>.........LOL

And remember this AINT the alcohol talking,its my ass. :rofl:

Dangerous Dan
10-04-2002, 06:21 AM
you know what? this is all new to me, by not living by the the forums, i've avoided this whole conflict. It really looks dumb and pointless, why are people serious on these forums? In my opinion, this is as much of a game as serious sam or UT2k3 is. It's not place to debate political matters, or take things to an extreme. No, instead it's place to relax in, and get away from the hardships of reality, a place where we can just sit back and enjoy ourselves.

FASTway
10-04-2002, 06:27 AM
HA HA Lash......thx for taking the time to analyze my posts....

Let the bodies the floor.......Ha Ha Ha Ha

HAMMER
10-04-2002, 06:27 AM
Oh man...

Here we go again. Now what was your purpose in coming in here and starting sh*t about this already closed subject huh?

...and what's with your "sweet HAMMER" smartass remark? Do you have a problem with me now?

You editing my post in DOA was ignorant, and an inexcusable abuse of moderator rights, which will happen EXACTLY one more time.