PDA

View Full Version : ASE question

Sepra
03-27-2003, 12:24 PM
Jag and I have two seperate puters and I wasnt sure if a subscription to ASE would work on both at the same time. Does that make any sense? :wacko: I wasnt sure if we had to purchase ASE seperately for each individual computer. BTW both go through the same modem.

Saretta
03-27-2003, 03:28 PM
Three questions back:

Do u have a router?

How do u log into ASE? Do u have to put in a registration number or do u log in with an email address and password?

Do u have the unregistered version of ASE running on both computers with different profiles?

Sepra
03-27-2003, 03:33 PM
Yes we have a router.

We havent yet gotten ASE so I cant answer your questions.

What I didnt know was if we had to subscribe/buy ASE twice. One for each computer. Or if the ASE subscription can work for both. Is that any clearer.....sorry.

Saretta
03-27-2003, 03:44 PM
I have the shareware version of ASE running, Saurons doesn't run it. I checked it and I saw u have to enter a registration code. So probably it should work with the router and two computers. But u should wait till someone replies who actually has the registered version of ASE...

Sauron and me we use GameSpy and we purcased it twice because u have to pay extra for every profile.

I don't think that's the same with ASE because u don't have to log in with a player profile u can also use the default profile.

I think u should try the shareware version of ASE first and check out if u like it at all before u buy it.

I know that u can search for special players only if u have the registered version, but I have never needed this feature. I also noticed that ASE doesn't show all servers :wacko:

Personally I like GameSpy better, I like the chat in the gaming rooms very much...

Sepra
03-27-2003, 03:59 PM
ohhh......i see thank you. I wasnt aware that there was a shareware version of ASE also........good to know.

I think I will look into GameSpy thanx for your help! :thumbs:

Saretta
03-27-2003, 04:01 PM
NP :)

U have to log in at GamSpy (actually it's GameSpy Arcade (http://www.gamespyarcade.com/)) If u do so please tell me your nickname ;)

Pathos
03-28-2003, 10:42 AM
I have the registered version of ASE, and alas it will only work on 1 machine. I have 2 boxes however, so I simply run one registered and one unregistered.

Occasionally i'll run around both computers giggling like a schoolgirl, but i digress.

Sepra
03-28-2003, 11:32 AM
lol thanx Pathos...... :thumbs: You two answered my question......thanx alot :wave: