PDA

View Full Version : Good player/Bad player=Potential

Slay
03-30-2003, 02:49 PM
[COLOR=blue] :cool: I'd like to address the joining of new members.
It is my personal opinion that if someone want's to join our clan that may not be good or what ever, we should think about when we first started, myself, I was pretty bad and I have known people that was just like me and now are good players. A little training, pointers from the other members = Worth the effort. :cool: Anybody agree ? I just thought I'd throw that out to the recruiters of this unique :wootrock: clan.

Opinions are like _ _ _ Holes, we all have one, though some a little more than others, , Just ask some of my friends :oooo:

Fantum309
03-30-2003, 02:56 PM
You make a good point here Slay! Yes, we want good players but above all, we want good players with a good attitude. And we should work with each other to hone their skills. I don't always have the time, but I have stopped in the middle of a game to give some instruction or pointers. I have done this with newbies just because I want them to have fun as I did when I first started. I got frustrated and wanted to give it up, but with someone giving me some training and advice, (Die Hard) I found myself winning a couple of games. Actually, its the sportsmanship type of conduct I like to see. I wish I had more time!! :bandhead: And I don't think we should let just anyone join just because they want to. The need to be a good player and have a good attitude, win or lose. :thumbs:

<<<Poert>>>
03-30-2003, 02:58 PM
KillerJango ask to joining our clan.
i said, he must ask diehard or fantum.
he camp all the time and say questions to me. when i write back he shot me.
he will play in team with me.
when i say no he kick me out.
he is a stupid kiddy :down:

dude
03-30-2003, 03:02 PM
:w00t: Slay, Fantum, Poert all very good points. But I believe if a new player joins he should be trained by atleast our best people. Gives the new guy a good start. And above all their attitude better be right. Not many players out there with our attitude.

Slay
03-30-2003, 03:03 PM
I agree, attitude is key. I think most newbies might have some sort of attitude just from being beat up all the time :bandhead: Not that I&#39;m condoleing :cool:

Slay
03-30-2003, 03:06 PM
LOL POERT :rofl: That&#39;s funny &#33;&#33; :rofl:

dude
03-30-2003, 03:07 PM
Right Attitude, some guys think becasue you are very good you&#39;re cheating and cut you off.
Bad attitude. I could give you a list of names, but i won&#39;t becasue it won&#39;t solve anything.

Slay
03-30-2003, 03:15 PM
Well, I have to admit :oooo: I have been in games where someone (No Names Mentioned) I shoot five or six times don&#39;t go down, but I get shot once and splat&#33;&#33; Kind of makes me think that way too, but I usually keep playing :WTF:

BOA
03-30-2003, 04:04 PM
Hi Slay
I just read your post. I have also played some games, where i believe i had hit my target several times, but nothing happens, but as soon as he just "looked" at me i am going down. I am glad that others have the same experience as me, because when you play such a game, you think that your skill is suddenly not very good. Hope to meet you all in a fair game.
:rolleyes: BOA :rolleyes:

Katowice-Campers-
03-30-2003, 05:12 PM
Hi BOA nice Avatar :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

(Villains)****Death Sentence****
03-30-2003, 05:20 PM
i think that we are opened to everyone&#33;
Good or Worst player&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; :thumbs: :jammin:

i can train in red stat and give some tricks to newbie, it&#39;s funny&#33; :w00t:

(Villains)****Death Sentence****
03-30-2003, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by <<<Poert>>>@Mar 30 2003, 02:58 PM
KillerJango ask to joining our clan.
i said, he must ask diehard or fantum.
he camp all the time and say questions to me. when i write back he shot me.
he will play in team with me.
when i say no he kick me out.
he is a stupid kiddy :down:
he asked it to me too, now i&#39;m thinking about it :hmmm:

because i want the entire Terminators clan under our rules :jammin: :w00t: :devil:

Slay
03-30-2003, 05:32 PM
Hey BOA &#33; That&#39;s a cool avatar man, :jammin:

Slay
03-30-2003, 06:00 PM
Death Sentence thats good to hear :P
You know, more than likely, he camps because he doesn&#39;t have his skills honed or is tired of getting a thump&#39;in ;)

Fred Bear
03-30-2003, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by BOA@Mar 30 2003, 11:04 AM
Hi Slay
I just read your post. I have also played some games, where i believe i had hit my target several times, but nothing happens, but as soon as he just "looked" at me i am going down. I am glad that others have the same experience as me, because when you play such a game, you think that your skill is suddenly not very good. Hope to meet you all in a fair game.
:rolleyes: BOA :rolleyes:
I&#39;m glad to hear that this happens to someone besides me. I was begining to think that I was doing something wrong.

Die Hard
03-31-2003, 08:42 AM
Wow i love it when i go away for a couple of days and a new thread starts.

A few points i&#39;d like to address here:

1/ We have an unwritten rule here at Villains which (usually) requires a vote on the recruitment of a new member. Sometimes if someone becomes available who we really want then this rule may not apply.

2/ A players attitude to other gamers and here on GM is much more important than their playing skills

3/ I don&#39;t want to believe there are cheats out there that can survive being shot without damage. I have been accused of this many times when someone has shot me a few times and i have not gone down. I think it has more to do with how much armour/health that player has compared to you. Also a lot depends on your aim. Just hitting someone is not as good as hitting them with the full force of your gun. Also having a higher ping will help players to appear to be more robust than you.

S.A.S
03-31-2003, 02:36 PM
:thumbs: Hey fred bear nice desert storm veterans graphic i like it...as i was one too...good one... :thumbs:

Slay
03-31-2003, 03:31 PM
I have been acused of it too, but you can usually tell after the 5th or sixth shot and the fact that the score is way on their favor, like 29 / 0 , Mostly though, you are right DIEHARD, ping + good player = Trouble for some unlucky SAP &#33; :cool:

Thanks for the input guys :jammin: