PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorite level and why?

JIMINATOR
03-31-2003, 05:30 AM
Just curious as to what everyone likes.
I prefer Hole & Fortress.
They are relatively simple to Learn.
Yodeller is easy also.
Little Trouble is almost too fast for me,
and the Lost Tomb drives me nuts!
Red Station and Compound I have yet to figure out,
and nobody plays Skulls & Bones any more.

Ra\/en
03-31-2003, 05:34 AM
i have always had a soft spot for the lost tomb. its not my best map, but its dang fun. :cool:

Black Rose
03-31-2003, 05:45 AM
Little Trouble is my favorite, but I love also a rendezvous with the snowman wub

TheUltimateWarrior
03-31-2003, 05:47 AM
Shotty trouble! :wootrock:

but best map in the list is Fortress :cool:

Herbus Maximus
03-31-2003, 07:03 AM
<-------Dirty Tleilaxu) :hmmm: I&#39;d have to say I like Hole, Fortress, Red Station and Lost Tomb...then whatever. I happen to like the level layout in Hole a lot. :thumbs: And it always helps to have a fun and able opponent such as yourself to keep the good times rollin&#39;&#33; :jammin:

(Villains)****Death Sentence****
03-31-2003, 11:07 AM
RED STATION, Villlains&#39; HOUSE&#33; :cool:

Fetzer
03-31-2003, 12:22 PM
Little Trouble and Lost Tomb, the fastest ones

Sexyjess
03-31-2003, 12:23 PM
hm litle troubel :thumbs:

Haze
03-31-2003, 12:40 PM
1.Fortress
2.Lost Tomb
3.Little Trouble

:thumbs:

Sepra
03-31-2003, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by TheUltimateWarrior@Mar 31 2003, 12:47 AM
Shotty trouble&#33; :wootrock:

Shotty Trouble wub
Outlaws Holiday wub

From favorite to least favorite.....

The Hole
Little Trouble
Yodeller
Lost Tomb
Compound (can be a boring map though)
Fortress :wacko: (this map is really hard for me)
Red Station
Skulls and Bones? What&#39;s that? :P

I used to hate the Lost Tomb but i&#39;m getting used to it :thumbs:

Strider
03-31-2003, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by TheUltimateWarrior@Mar 31 2003, 05:47 AM

but best map in the list is Fortress :cool:
Agreed :drink:

Strider
03-31-2003, 03:16 PM
I like yodeller but it&#39;s impossible to play there on account of my connection :bandhead:

JIMINATOR
03-31-2003, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by Sepra+Mar 31 2003, 12:59 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Sepra @ Mar 31 2003, 12:59 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--TheUltimateWarrior@Mar 31 2003, 12:47 AM

Shotty Trouble wub
Outlaws Holiday wub

The Hole
Little Trouble
Yodeller
Lost Tomb
Red Station

I used to hate the Lost Tomb but i&#39;m getting used to it :thumbs: [/b][/quote]
Skulls and Bones is the one where you have jump pads everywhere,
a machine gun station on one end and a rocket station on the other,
and what looks like ribs coming out of the center. It used to be
a part of the rotation a few months ago but now is gone, not sure why.
maybe someone didn&#39;t like the pup arrangement.

Casanova
03-31-2003, 05:05 PM
Hole&#33;&#33;&#33;

1. Not much spam (like in LT and Tomb)
2. p-ups spawn slowly
3. ENOUGH ROOM&#33;&#33;&#33;

Nick
03-31-2003, 05:27 PM
:cool:
1 YODELLER
2 HOLE
3 FORTRESS
4 LOST TOMB
5 LITTLE TROUBLE
REST SUCKS....

Casanova
04-01-2003, 11:38 AM
My full list:
1. Hole
2. Fortress
3. Yodeller
4. Red Station
5. Compound
6. Little Trouble
7. The Lost Tomb
8. We Got Skulls And Bones Too

Pretty good list, don&#39;t you think ? :cool:

Haze
04-03-2003, 05:56 AM
Originally posted by Casanova@Apr 1 2003, 12:38 PM
My full list:
1. Hole
2. Fortress
3. Yodeller
4. Red Station
5. Compound
6. Little Trouble
7. The Lost Tomb

Better list....

1.Fortress
2.Lost Tomb
3.Little Trouble
4.Hole
5.Red Station
6.Compound
7.Yodeller
8.Skulls&Weenies

;)

Casanova
04-03-2003, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by OrangeHaze+Apr 3 2003, 07:56 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (OrangeHaze @ Apr 3 2003, 07:56 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Casanova@Apr 1 2003, 12:38 PM
My full list:
1. Hole
2. Fortress
3. Yodeller
4. Red Station
5. Compound
6. Little Trouble
7. The Lost Tomb

Better list....

1.Fortress
2.Lost Tomb
3.Little Trouble
4.Hole
5.Red Station
6.Compound
7.Yodeller
8.Skulls&Weenies

;) [/b][/quote]
:WTF:
I don&#39;t get it&#33;&#33;

Why does all the players like "little spam maps" (Little Trouble and Lost Tomb)???

I like big rooms, because it isn&#39;t rocket and grenade spam all the time...

My list have changed:
1. Hole
2. Fortress
3. Yodeller
4. Red Station
5. Compound
6. Little Trouble
7. We Got Skulls And Bones Too
8. The Lost Tomb

(the 3 last ones suck&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;)

DevilPikkolo
04-05-2003, 02:25 PM
Hole is the best map even though I, as a Villain :devil: , was born at Red Station. Little trouble is big fun but I can&#39;t survive longer than 30 sec. there.

Aries
04-05-2003, 03:56 PM
As I started out in this game via ssam SE demo...

Little Trouble grew on me ^___^ I love that map

because the poll question was which fragmatch level do you love most I voted for Little Trouble

but I agree with TUW that IMHO the best map is Fortress

Hobbes
04-05-2003, 05:10 PM
Hole. Lots of space, you can usually get a weapon instead of dying immediatley on respawn (unless you spawn in the basement when someone is down there), and it is has the perfect mix of wide corridors, medium ranges, and varying heights for some fun rocketeering. Plus its the best map for messing around with the single barrel. ;)

Following that

2. Little Trouble (great flow and many ways to move around, but gets crowded too easy, spam can be a problem)
3. Fortress (very interesting combat situations, but grenade spam and people camping the the ra with an rl gets kind of dull)
4. Skulls & Bones (plenty of space and movement options, requires use of multiple weapons, lots of health and armor for long drawn out fight-flee-chase-fight-repeat battles. cannons are crap though)
5. Red Station (pups respawn too fast)
6. Compound (too big)
7. Lost Tombs (too cramped, although sometimes it can be really fun. other times really not.)
8. Yodeller (too open. you can only take cover, not actually get away; which means its almost all twitch with very little strategy)

Zorlond
04-05-2003, 07:33 PM
1. Little Trouble (it can get absolutely insane&#33; :jammin: )
2. Hole (good terrain variety)
3. Fortress (nice sniper post, though it&#39;s a big target for rocket barrages for just that reason)
4. Yodeller (everyone&#39;s in your face, up your nose, in your brain, down your pants...)
5. Lost Tombs (almost as nuts as LT, but much easier to get lost in)
6. Compound (yeesh it&#39;s too roomy)
Others I&#39;ve never played on.

JIMINATOR
04-06-2003, 05:54 AM
Originally posted by Zorlond@Apr 5 2003, 07:33 PM
3. Fortress (nice sniper post, though it&#39;s a big target for rocket barrages for just that reason)

Sniper... :hmmm: can&#39;t count the number of people i have cut up while they were goofing with the rifle.
if you are going to snipe, you need to pick it up and move elsewhere...
:rolleyes:

Sirc
04-06-2003, 06:02 AM
Originally posted by JIMINATOR+Apr 6 2003, 12:54 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JIMINATOR @ Apr 6 2003, 12:54 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Zorlond@Apr 5 2003, 07:33 PM

Sniper... :hmmm: can&#39;t count the number of people i have cut up while they were goofing with the rifle.
:rolleyes: [/b][/quote]
LOL. Have you ever played Ephemerion? He is a master with the sniper rifle. And he can move and shoot too. He is as deadly with it as most of the best players are with the DBSG.

Oh, and by the way, my favorite level is LT&#33;&#33;&#33; :wootrock:

It is great for 1v1, and totally intense with a lot of players. You don&#39;t have time to think on LT, it&#39;s all instinct. I also like Hole, Fortress, Yodeller and Tomb, but they can take way to long if only 2 or 3 are playing. I used to hate Compound, but I&#39;m starting to warm up to it as long as there are a bunch of people playing. I&#39;ve never really played Skulls much because it is huge and you HAVE to have a lot of players. Otherwise it takes 3 hours to finish a game. :bandhead:

Haze
04-06-2003, 06:17 AM
Originally posted by Sirc@Apr 6 2003, 07:02 AM

LOL. Have you ever played Ephemerion? He is a master with the sniper rifle. And he can move and shoot too. He is as deadly with it as most of the best players are with the DBSG.

I know what u talking about Sirc, i played against GranaterWerfer and Moerser
in the past and damn, they took that sniper in Hole and Red, Moved like they
would in a shotty duell and sniped my butt off. :jammin:

JIMINATOR
04-06-2003, 06:44 AM
Originally posted by Sirc@Apr 6 2003, 06:02 AM

Oh, and by the way, my favorite level is LT&#33;&#33;&#33; :wootrock:

It is great for 1v1, and totally intense with a lot of players. You don&#39;t have time to think on LT, it&#39;s all instinct. I also like Hole, Fortress, Yodeller and Tomb, but they can take way to long if only 2 or 3 are playing. I used to hate Compound, but I&#39;m starting to warm up to it as long as there are a bunch of people playing. I&#39;ve never really played Skulls much because it is huge and you HAVE to have a lot of players. Otherwise it takes 3 hours to finish a game. :bandhead:
I don&#39;t think I have played him much. I do remember one game where he pretty much wiped everyone out in the hole. I don&#39;t think he used (or needed) the sniper rifle to do it...
In LT I have yet to master the jump and fire backwards at the person you just ran by...
The problem with the sniper is the limited FOV, and learning to use it without getting whacked...

Zorlond
04-06-2003, 07:07 AM
Originally posted by JIMINATOR+Apr 6 2003, 05:54 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JIMINATOR @ Apr 6 2003, 05:54 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Zorlond@Apr 5 2003, 07:33 PM

:rolleyes: [/b][/quote]
Unfortunately, that post is just about the only decent place to use the rifle in Fortress, except maybe at the other end by the chaingun, and that spot&#39;s a bit thick in traffic... Everywhere else is either too exposed or to limited in field of view...

JIMINATOR
04-06-2003, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by Zorlond+Apr 6 2003, 07:07 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Zorlond @ Apr 6 2003, 07:07 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -JIMINATOR@Apr 6 2003, 05:54 AM
<!--QuoteBegin--Zorlond@Apr 5 2003, 07:33 PM

:rolleyes:
Unfortunately, that post is just about the only decent place to use the rifle in Fortress, except maybe at the other end by the chaingun, and that spot&#39;s a bit thick in traffic... Everywhere else is either too exposed or to limited in field of view... [/b][/quote]
Eh, not really, think of where the spammers go, and you can go there also, that includes the grenade or RL station, at the end of one of those ramps, the 4 corners, the two towers next to the chain gun, under the CG next to the grenades, the 50 pt armor & health above the lava... I guess you have to be quick with the target, zoom shoot unzoom.... but then camping is not my style, and will not get you a win unless you are good at spamming

Sirc
04-06-2003, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by JIMINATOR+Apr 6 2003, 01:44 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JIMINATOR @ Apr 6 2003, 01:44 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Sirc@Apr 6 2003, 06:02 AM

LOL.&nbsp; Have you ever played Ephemerion?&nbsp; He is a master with the sniper rifle.&nbsp; And he can move and shoot too.&nbsp; He is as deadly with it as most of the best players are with the DBSG.

Oh, and by the way, my favorite level is LT&#33;&#33;&#33;&nbsp; :wootrock:

It is great for 1v1, and totally intense with a lot of players.&nbsp; You don&#39;t have time to think on LT, it&#39;s all instinct.&nbsp; I also like Hole, Fortress, Yodeller and Tomb, but they can take way to long if only 2 or 3 are playing.&nbsp; I used to hate Compound, but I&#39;m starting to warm up to it as long as there are a bunch of people playing.&nbsp; I&#39;ve never really played Skulls much because it is huge and you HAVE to have a lot of players.&nbsp; Otherwise it takes 3 hours to finish a game.&nbsp; :bandhead:
I don&#39;t think I have played him much. I do remember one game where he pretty much wiped everyone out in the hole. I don&#39;t think he used (or needed) the sniper rifle to do it...
In LT I have yet to master the jump and fire backwards at the person you just ran by...
The problem with the sniper is the limited FOV, and learning to use it without getting whacked... [/b][/quote]
Eph is the Zen Master of SS. He has gotten to the point where is can stick with just about any weapon and still win. If he decides to use the DBSG, then he is virtually unstoppable. And yes, I know there are people here who have beaten him. But he tends to play in spurts, with long pauses in between. You only get a chance to beat him while he is getting back into the groove. Once he he is in his zone you may as well bend over and kiss your butt goodbye.

C2H5OH Guy
04-06-2003, 09:21 AM
little trouble cuz i played it in the demo, too :jammin:

Rivers
04-06-2003, 10:50 PM
Little Trouble cause its the closest thing on the poll to Shotty Trouble my absolute fav. :wootrock:

Ephemerion
04-07-2003, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by Sirc@Apr 6 2003, 12:24 AM

Eph is the Zen Master of SS. He has gotten to the point where is can stick with just about any weapon and still win. If he decides to use the DBSG, then he is virtually unstoppable. And yes, I know there are people here who have beaten him. But he tends to play in spurts, with long pauses in between. You only get a chance to beat him while he is getting back into the groove. Once he he is in his zone you may as well bend over and kiss your butt goodbye. [/quote]
I appreciate the compliment Sirc. I&#39;ve feel rusty as of late but its probably because a few select people have fully adopted 3rd person and are starting to give me a bit of my own medicine. But I finally finished my teaching Practicum as of last Friday, so now I&#39;m officially a qualified HIgh School english/phys-ed/infoTech teacher. Damn it was intense, I think I only snuck in a handfull of playing times in the past 2.5 months. Now I have to prepare for the UK as I&#39;m move there in August. So all you European players look out for a better ping :jammin: I hope to start getting into the zen again, I&#39;ve noticed my Ping has been slower since I switched from ADSL to cable. Bastards :bandhead: :bawling: :WTF: :WTF: :bawling: :bandhead:

Soon, soon it will come back. So I can keep a steady hand once more. :thumbs:

Sepra
04-07-2003, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by JIMINATOR+Mar 31 2003, 11:16 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JIMINATOR @ Mar 31 2003, 11:16 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -Sepra@Mar 31 2003, 12:59 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--TheUltimateWarrior@Mar 31 2003, 12:47 AM

Shotty Trouble wub
Outlaws Holiday wub

The Hole
Little Trouble
Yodeller
Lost Tomb
Red Station

I used to hate the Lost Tomb but i&#39;m getting used to it :thumbs:
Skulls and Bones is the one where you have jump pads everywhere,
a machine gun station on one end and a rocket station on the other,
and what looks like ribs coming out of the center. It used to be
a part of the rotation a few months ago but now is gone, not sure why.
maybe someone didn&#39;t like the pup arrangement. [/b][/quote]
I was kidding.....I think that map has cobwebs growing in it :P