PDA

View Full Version : Guild Screenshot Contest

Alymon
04-02-2003, 05:52 AM
Just an idea.... Guild leaders and officers let me know what you think....

Contest for the best unique screenshot. Shot must not have compass/ping meter in the way, and also quicktab, chatbox, status box, etc. must be removed for shot, to get a good picture (TAB to remove).
Contest would be judged by three guild members, probably officers. Judging would be solely on how creative the picture is and how unique. A good example is the shot on the webpage under "more screenshots" entitled "Equestrian Acrobatics". It's a picture of a minstrel playing a lute while standing on a horse.
Contest would be open to all guild members, cept officers and leaders.... and would have some sort of prize for first, second, and third place. Officers and leaders could submit pictures, but they would be more for show or as examples, not for the contest.
Could be fun. Let me know what you think. Guild Officers and Leaders please respond so I can get an idea of how much support the idea has from the top ranks.

~Alymon
Lvl 39 Paladin

Gharac
04-02-2003, 03:20 PM
I'm not a leader or on the council....but I like the idea! :thumbs:

Thaline
04-08-2003, 04:46 AM
Sounds fun to me :) Let me know when you want to do it, and we can announce it on the motd and at a guild meeting.

Thaline

Mitchyl
04-08-2003, 04:49 AM
I will be willing to donate some gold for the prize. How about 100g?

Mitchyl

Alymon
04-08-2003, 04:27 PM
Looks like people are interested... Ok, here we go:

Guild Leaders/Officers:
You need to decide on a start and end date for the contest, probably like a week or 2 time period to allow people time to get their shots in.
I will donate some money off of Alymon to up the prize, I was thinking of a prize of 250-500 gold or something like that. Would require some donations by people who can afford some. (I can donate 100 gold off Alymon).
One person must hold the prize untill the contest is over and be responsible for handing out that prize to the winner.

I am going to list some rules that I think should be used for this contest, give me some feedback on them, and suggest your own rules as well if necessary.

RULES:
1. Must be an original shot taken by participant, not from other websites or from the guild website.
2. Must not have chat box, quick bar, menu, status box, ping meter, or compass showing, unless the picture was taken in a situation where it was not possible to remove them and the presence of those objects does not interfere with the focus of the screenshot.
3. No graphic editing programs may be used to modify the contents of the screenshot. Pictures must be submitted in the actual size they at which they were taken.
4. A panel of three judges will meet at the end of the contest and discuss the entries and determine a winner. Judges may not submit screenshots in the contest.
5. Entries must be submitted by the last day of the contest to the appropriate location (To be determined).
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post feeback on this. If these rules are ok, or if we need to come up with better ones, maybe we could form a chat group or discuss it in guild chat one night. That would probably be more productive then playing forum tag.

~Alymon Lvl 40 Paladin