PDA

View Full Version : Why...

Zorlond
04-04-2003, 11:44 PM
... to take 10 times as many bullets for me to frag anyone than it takes for them to frag me? :bandhead:

JIMINATOR
04-04-2003, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by Zorlond@Apr 4 2003, 11:44 PM
... to take 10 times as many bullets for me to frag anyone than it takes for them to frag me? :bandhead:
i have seen plenty of the same, and I also have had people ask if there is a secret god mode.
I have done plenty of gun battles while receiving no damage (and the opposite)
Unfortunately you have to be able to aim precisely. If you look at how the best players play,
it is pretty much meat and potatoes with the shotgun.
I have decided to stop using other weapons (for the most part) until I can use it properly.
Firing a rocket or cannon at someone isn't going to make you a better player.
other tips would be to turn sharp turning on, and set mouse sensitivity to 100%,
(gradually, until you can stand it).
that way you can turn where you need to when you need to.
Now the aiming part is the hard part to learn...

Zorlond
04-05-2003, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by OUTLAWS Terminathare@Apr 4 2003, 11:57 PM
Edit: Also if their aim is on and your's isn't...well....not a pretty sight :devil:
I've had people survive direct hits by grenade (usually at point blank, taking myself out in the process), rocket, and -sniper-.

Anyone know how to change my title to "Voice of the UnSkilled"?

Ra\/en
04-05-2003, 12:27 AM
us mercs are magic.

Slice
04-05-2003, 01:59 AM
Originally posted by Zorlond+Apr 4 2003, 07:22 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Zorlond @ Apr 4 2003, 07:22 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--OUTLAWS Terminathare@Apr 4 2003, 11:57 PM
Edit: Also if their aim is on and your&#39;s isn&#39;t...well....not a pretty sight :devil:
I&#39;ve had people survive direct hits by grenade (usually at point blank, taking myself out in the process), rocket, and -sniper-.

Anyone know how to change my title to "Voice of the UnSkilled"? [/b][/quote]
The only way they survived is because they may have jumped when it hit them. So they only caught part of the blast. Try playing a few games with no weapon model and make your crosshair the smallest one possible (the little star) it will teach you to hone in and improve your aiming skills.

FASTway
04-05-2003, 04:38 AM
Originally posted by Zorlond@Apr 4 2003, 03:44 PM
HAHA.

My guess is that you just suck.

Zorlond
04-05-2003, 05:14 AM
Originally posted by FASTway@Apr 5 2003, 04:38 AM
HAHA.

My guess is that you just suck.
I thought that that had already been thoroughly established? In this very thread, in fact?

Haze
04-05-2003, 06:20 AM
U are not alone in that 1, u dont have to worry, they dont cheat, its just that
their aiming is more developed then yours, but that will change if u play alot
and that will help your aiming and soon u will frag them as easy as they frag u.

Try shift between FPS and 3-D person when u play, that can give u some advantage,
depending on what map u play.

Good luck and keep on working with your aim, if u wonder anything else, just call, and
maybe i can give u some advise :thumbs:

Casanova
04-05-2003, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by Ra&#092;/en@Apr 5 2003, 02:27 AM
us mercs are magic.
:hmmm:

:P