PDA

View Full Version : FINAL FANTASY 12! YES, TWELVE!!

Burn the Witch
04-05-2003, 11:47 PM
The first teaser pic of FF XII is here.

No, I don't think they will release XI in Europe or the USA, but hardly a big loss.....fingers crossed it will be better than X, although heh, thats not too hard is it? :devil: Oooh, flame me people, flame me!

First Picture (Painting) of FFXII (http://pub38.ezboard.com/fvocalvarietyfrm6.showMessage?topicID=391.topic)

Burn the Witch
04-05-2003, 11:58 PM
whats more, apparently this is the first FF game made by the guy who made FF VII (since FF VII that is)

Rivers
04-06-2003, 10:38 PM
Cool I know that whether its going to be on line or not is actually still in there air. They promised that it would not be COMPLETLY on line and would focus on a single player quest again. But they did mention they MAY add something of the on line sort in this game. It is still up in the air. :blink:

Burn the Witch
04-07-2003, 12:42 AM
I dont want an online FF :( I just want FF! :( I like the photo :) All the other FF's are GREAT! but here is why they aren't as good as 6 or the mighty 7 :

I didn't like FF 8 because the story just didnt compare with FF 7, but the final battle was good, hardest final battle in a FF game IMO.

I didn't like FF 9 because for some reason it was way shorter than the others. Although 9 isnt so bad, I guess that....hmm i dunno, I like the mini games, but I think its missing something..

FF 10 was a total disaster in every way, gameplay gets 3/10, but the plot gets 8.5/10, its saving grace :)

Jango Fett
04-09-2003, 04:02 AM
Sweet but final fantasy 11 isnt out yet so why are they going to realease 12 when 11 inst out yet.

Dissectional
04-09-2003, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by Jango Fett@Apr 8 2003, 11:02 PM
Sweet but final fantasy 11 isnt out yet so why are they going to realease 12 when 11 inst out yet.
Because 11 didn't live up to thier expectations, and was pretty much a wash in Japan. Also, Square-Enix is having a hard time finding a carrier for 11 online...you want to pay a subscription fee? I sure the hell don't.
Not when I can play Socom and a ton of PC games online for free. I am excited about 12....and unlike Twitch, I want X-2 also.

Oh, and Jango, I am not sure if you live in the states or not, but we have never got the whole FF series here anyway until lately. If they slipped one out in Japan and it didn't make it here, I wouldn't be surprised.

SoulReaver
04-19-2003, 06:47 PM
Hopes it comes out in the states

Burn the Witch
05-08-2003, 10:25 PM
I am not excited about X-2 because I believe it contradicts the principle of Final Fantasy, also....

I read the ending of X-2, I made the choice not to play it, so I read the ending, no I'm not gonna read the ending out here, but it didn't seem that good.

And what the hell, those have you that have finished X, and heh, it wasnt hard was it? Knowing that not only does FF X-2 contradict everything Final Fantasy is about, it also contradicts not just the PLOT of Final Fantasy X but one of the major themes behind all FF games.

Of course you are entitled to your own opinion, but Square messed up so badly with FF : TSW and FFXI that they needed to make a quick cash in. Thats what FF X-2 is, almost all the same monsters,locations and only 3 characters WTF? Thats not FF, thats a $50 expansion pack.

If this is a nessaccery thing to keep the series alive, then fine, but I will not play it.