PDA

View Full Version : Someone fill me in......

Sirc
04-06-2003, 11:44 AM
Why do people do this? I have seen this unlimited RS stuff a hundred times now. What is the point in even joining a game like this? And why is it ALWAYS RS?

I'll never understand what the fascination is with RS for some people. :bandhead: :WTF:

Sirc
04-06-2003, 11:45 AM
Ooops. Forgot the screenie....

Aries
04-06-2003, 01:14 PM
:WTF: what is RS? (yes, I know I'm a noob :P )

Sirc
04-06-2003, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by Aries@Apr 6 2003, 08:14 AM
:WTF: what is RS? (yes, I know I'm a noob :P )
Red Station

Aries
04-06-2003, 01:27 PM
Ask the Villains clan about RS fascination, it's their house ;-)

Sirc
04-06-2003, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by Aries@Apr 6 2003, 08:27 AM
Ask the Villains clan about RS fascination, it's their house ;-)
Well, yeah, they own there, but I don't think they play unlimited games. Some of these people play into the 4 and 5 hundreds. That's gotta take like 6 hours. :blink:

Kinda creepy. ph34r

S.A.S Mistress
04-06-2003, 01:31 PM
I guess its cos we like playing non stop...just keep going and going and going....

S.A.S Mistress (aka KoPyK@T)

Sirc
04-06-2003, 01:37 PM
Well, I guess. :WTF:

But I can remember dedicated servers like FunFun way back when I used to play 1.05. That server ONLY ran RS. I still want to know what is so special about it. And don't get me wrong, I started my SS career there. I started out doing nothing but sniping in the shadows at RS. :oooo:

But come on! Do people just get stuck on one map and never leave? :blink: :unsure:

BOA
04-06-2003, 01:38 PM
:rolleyes: Hi Sirc :rolleyes:
Cut i bee that with a score like that, you acheive a better rank on the Csports.net.???
I mean that anyone can choose their way to play. If i dont like the way others are playing, i am free to join another game. :thumbs:
:rolleyes: BOA :rolleyes:

Goober
04-06-2003, 05:09 PM
Not to change the subjetc but........BOA, your avatar is great!!! I'm still laughing.

Strider
04-06-2003, 05:21 PM
Yea lol I just noticed that too :rofl:

Ned runs that FUNFUN server, unlimited ammo and frags, I hate it, all they use is cannons. I guess some people must like it though. He has scored more than 1000 frags at a time on there before. :WTF:

Sirc
04-06-2003, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by BOA@Apr 6 2003, 08:38 AM
:rolleyes: Hi Sirc :rolleyes:
Cut i bee that with a score like that, you acheive a better rank on the Csports.net.???
I mean that anyone can choose their way to play. If i dont like the way others are playing, i am free to join another game. :thumbs:
:rolleyes: BOA :rolleyes:
Exactly. That's why some people are ranked so high on CSports. Higher than they should be. You hit the nail right on the head. :rofl: :drink:

And I think you avatar is great too! :lol:

(Villains)****Death Sentence****
04-06-2003, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by Haden@Apr 6 2003, 05:21 PM

Ned runs that FUNFUN server, unlimited ammo and frags, I hate it, all they use is cannons. I guess some people must like it though. He has scored more than 1000 frags at a time on there before. :WTF:
when i join in a server (Red Stat) with inf ammo i train myself to kill the guys with the cannon with another weapon (Granade, shotty, missile...) ;)
it's very funny! :thumbs:

Zorlond
04-06-2003, 11:54 PM
Someone fill me in on why someone would like the cannon? I mean, it seems to be a rather weak weapon, when you get down to it. It's very easy to dodge anywhere there's room enough to dodge at all, it takes too long to put decent momentum on the shot, and is just as dangerous to the user as it is to the target (I remember a game a few days back where someone killed themselves three times in a row with the cannon... not a newbie, an Outlaw, in fact...).

Sure, if you manage a hit, it's an instant kill, but with all the downsides, why bother?

Hobbes
04-07-2003, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by Zorlond@Apr 6 2003, 01:54 PM
Sure, if you manage a hit, it's an instant kill, but with all the downsides, why bother?
Because if you manage a hit, it's an instant kill. Seriously. You can lob it, you can bounce it. You can block rockets, grenades, lasers, bullets and other cannon balls with it. It makes people run away. The projectile is huge, so your aim doesn't have to be perfect. And that whole instant kill thing should never be taken lightly. So yeah.