PDA

View Full Version : Serious Sam SE Map/Level log.

Sonoma
04-07-2003, 08:34 PM
Is there a way to know exactly what map Serious Sam SE Dedicated Server crashed on. I know in the serioussam.log and dedicatedserver.log it does display the map that the server and players start with but no other mention of map/level changes that I can see.

Is there a setting that will log what map the users are on in case of a crash?

Reason I ask is that wrote a program that can read the log file and restart Serious Sam SE if it detects that is not seen by windows. Occasionally I get a crash with out an error message. If there is a way to get the last known played level/map this would work out great.

Thanks,
Sonoma

JIMINATOR
04-07-2003, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by Sonoma@Apr 7 2003, 08:34 PM
Is there a way to know exactly what map Serious Sam SE Dedicated Server crashed on. I know in the serioussam.log and dedicatedserver.log it does display the map that the server and players start with but no other mention of map/level changes that I can see.

Is there a setting that will log what map the users are on in case of a crash?

Reason I ask is that wrote a program that can read the log file and restart Serious Sam SE if it detects that is not seen by windows. Occasionally I get a crash with out an error message. If there is a way to get the last known played level/map this would work out great.

Thanks,
Sonoma
Dont bother,
copy this text into a file called seriousbatch.bat,
and run it instead.

begin------------------
:top
cd "C:\Program Files\Croteam\Serious Sam - The Second Encounter\Bin\"
DedicatedServer.exe DefaultFragmatchSE
cd ..
copy Dedicated_DefaultFragmatchSE.log servercrash.log
goto top

Sonoma
04-08-2003, 12:08 AM
Thanks, I will try it out. Is this for Fragmatch only or will it work for Coop too?

JIMINATOR
04-08-2003, 02:07 AM
Originally posted by Sonoma@Apr 8 2003, 12:08 AM
Thanks, I will try it out. Is this for Fragmatch only or will it work for Coop too?
you have to change the command for coop, ie:
DedicatedServer.exe DefaultCoop

not sure what the log file is called, but I imagine this would work:

copy Dedicated_DefaultCoop.log servercrash.log

Sonoma
04-08-2003, 12:08 PM
Tried it. It will copy the log file fine and restart it but it still does not show the map/level changes in Coop as it does in Fragmatch. It only shows the initial starting map that was indicated on server start up.

e.g.
Starting session: 'Dedicated Coop Game'
l<span style='color:green'>evel: &#39;Levels&#092;LevelsMP&#092;1_4_Teotihuacan.wld&#39;
spawnflags: 00040002
max players: 8
waiting: 0
network is on
started.

ALL OK: Dedicated server is now running&#33;
Use Ctrl+C to shutdown the server.
DO NOT use the &#39;Close&#39; button, it might leave the port hanging&#33;</span>

In Fragmatch everytime a new map pops up it has a new map listed. Is there a Debug command that would work for this?