PDA

View Full Version : Help!

Static
04-09-2003, 11:51 AM
I downloaded some stuff for sam recently and i think it may have altered something in my main sam as now whenever i try to join a server i just about always get this happening..

http://home.iprimus.com.au/phalanx/error.jpg

it keeps saying that wrong crc check crap... :bandhead: i couldn't even join my brothers server.... but some servers it works sometimes and i can't figure out what the hell it is or why it's happening.... i tried removing alot of the stuff i downloaded and even reinstalled sam but it's still happening...... anyone know why this happens and how i can fix it?? thanks for any help.

Goober
04-09-2003, 01:37 PM
If you reinstalled sam, you will have version 1.05 running. You will need to install the 1.07 patch to fix your problem. If you have already done this and it still is giving you that message .....well....hmmmmm....I will have to think a little harder.

JIMINATOR
04-09-2003, 01:56 PM
if you reinstalled the patch, and you still have the problem,
then try renaming the croteam directory, and then reinstall.
Once things work you can copy over your player profiles and
anything else you need from the old folder.
if that doesn't work, blow up your computer :-)

Static
04-10-2003, 12:30 PM
No i have it upgraded to 1.07... otherwise i wouldn't be able to play on outlaws at all...

thx for the suggestion jim will try on the weekend when i have time to install it fresh to a new directory and hopefully will work.

Casanova
04-10-2003, 01:22 PM
A friend of mine had the same program last summer.
"Wrong CRC Check"

He couldn't play at all, though he re-installed Sam few times... :( :(

Slice
04-10-2003, 05:46 PM
Also make sure you didn't move or change the location of the maps. Read the path that gets displayed when Sam first starts in the console window, then make sure it traces back exactly to the location of the directory where the Deathmatch maps are supposed to be stored.