PDA

View Full Version : Reflection

Alymon
04-11-2003, 02:26 PM
I am sitting in a residence hall office where I work on campus, with nothing to do but browse forums and post my thoughts so you'll have to forgive me if every single topic suddenly has Alymon as the last post and if there are suddenly 3 or 4 new topics created by me. :P
I was thinking about future games I might try and this game. The more time I spend in Dark Ages the more I get to like it and the more I grow attached to my guildies. And also the harder it will be for me to ever leave if I so decide to.
I started in Dark Ages as a result of Citizen who began playing about a month before me. He showed me his scout and how awesome the game was. At that time, all I had seen was a little bit of BG1 action, and some of the sights of Albion. I almost immediately went out and bought both Dark Ages and the Shrouded Isles expansion.
I didn't actually start out in Igraine. I began a Paladin in another server and rose to level 5 quickly. Then I spoke with Citizen, and he convinced me to come over to Igraine. So I abandoned my other character and created Alymon, Lvl 1 Fighter in Igraine. Citizen helped me begin, and got me an invite into the Whitehawk Disciples. At first, I was a little hesistant to join a guild right away without knowing anything. But it turned out to be the best decision I've made in this game.
I quickly met Damzelindistress and Thaline, whom untill I was about level 25, consistantly mixed up which sex each one of them was. :oooo: Only after repeated corrections from Citizen did I finally get it right. Early on, I was helped with equipment and money from them and answers to all my newbie questions. Even now, that I am level 41, I still turn to them for advice and I still feel like a newb in many ways, especially in RvR combat.
Soon after I met Kemetian, level 50 Paladin. He was always helpful to me with spellcrafting and my questions about being a Paladin. And now, at level 41, he has helped me level multiple times in the Barrows, and has donated funds to Aznar so that he can try to reach LGM status. Every day I am in there I see him helping other guild members with everything they need.
Now, I am no longer the biggest newb in the world, but there are others in our guild, and in the realm who are, and need the same kind of help I got when starting out. So I follow in my guild leaders example and I do my best to help out new guild members when I can by donating gold, making armor, alcheming, and doing a little bit of spellcrafting here and there. I even try to help newbs without guilds, or from other guilds. Just recently I led a low level fighter from Gothwaite to Camelot and then made him 2 sets of armor to hold him over. I spoke with him the other day, he is now level 20, and a Paladin as well. He has formed his own guild with some friends of his, named Attack at Dawn. But I still continue to help him out, and he asks me questions about being a Paladin and RvR all the time.
Then there are those with whom I have "grown up" with in the guild, leveling together and sometimes hunting together. Citizen and Dogmawiz I have frequently hunted with at times (as well as bonecrafter now). Together we work towards 50 much faster than if we tried soloing all the time. Many of my alts have leveled with some of our newer guild members, hiimhiding, Padrig, and some of our less frequent visitors. And Skabzvice, the AFK master, who at one time I think was actually lower than me in level now is so much higher than me and levels faster than anyone I know.
I won't forget the first time I went into Mithra, Catacombs, Tepoks, or Barrows. Or how many countless hours I've spent in Darkness Falls getting ganked by hibs. The time when I logged into DF while mids controlled it and followed two mids (OJ to me and Grape to me at 35) all the way to the nightmares and succubi and then attacked them while they were trying to kill a grape, interrupting their healer and causing the death of both of them, and eventually me. The first relic raid I went on, sitting back in Dun Crim, rezzing up to level 48 to try to keep people in the battle (as well as gain a ton of realm points). The first time I helped take back Caer Berkstead from the hibs, and then got slaughtered by about 4 full groups of them on the way to Sursbrooke. Hunting along side of Damzelindistress, Thaline, Kemetian, Tul, Khadderly, and Tul in an epic hunt, and in a Diamond group in DF. I won't forget the time I went out into Forest Sauvage, was just north of the border keep when a troll mezzed me, walked up to me, dance in front of me then left and let me live.
I remember going on the first relic raid, after we had no relics for weeks, maybe even months. I stayed for almost the whole time but had to log. When I came on the next day, we had taken a power relic finally. A few days later we swept all the power relics. I was in complete shock. I didn't even realize it untill someone in alliance chat mentioned it.
And the countless complaining by Scouts of how hard it is to level, which I never realized until I created one of my own, who is only level 10 because he was PLed by Citizen's necromancer. And my infiltrator who was level 9 for almost a month and has been level 10 for about 3 weeks now.
These are the memories I have gained from being a part of this guild and this game. Some good, some bad, some funny. I have become a member of the guild and a part of a family. And because of this, I am dedicated to staying and helping out and following in the footsteps of our leaders.
For those of you who are new to the guild, welcome to the greatest guild around. We may not have the numbers that other guilds have, or the resources, but we are the friendliest and most helpful I think.
For those of you thinking of leaving, you are making a mistake. Nothing could ever compare to the strength of heart of our guild and the strength of our leaders.
I would like to thank all the guild officers and leaders for making this guild what it is today, and for helping out me and all the other newbs. And I would like to thank Citizen for getting me hooked not only on this game, but on this guild.

~Alymon Cherubslight
Justicator, Lvl 41 Paladin
Journeyman Armorer, Lvl 600

Mr Clean
04-11-2003, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by Alymon@Apr 11 2003, 08:26 AM
I am sitting in a residence hall office where I work on campus, with nothing to do but browse forums and post my thoughts so you'll have to forgive me if every single topic suddenly has Alymon as the last post and if there are suddenly 3 or 4 new topics created by me. :P
I was thinking about future games I might try and this game. The more time I spend in Dark Ages the more I get to like it and the more I grow attached to my guildies. And also the harder it will be for me to ever leave if I so decide to.
I started in Dark Ages as a result of Citizen who began playing about a month before me. He showed me his scout and how awesome the game was. At that time, all I had seen was a little bit of BG1 action, and some of the sights of Albion. I almost immediately went out and bought both Dark Ages and the Shrouded Isles expansion.
I didn't actually start out in Igraine. I began a Paladin in another server and rose to level 5 quickly. Then I spoke with Citizen, and he convinced me to come over to Igraine. So I abandoned my other character and created Alymon, Lvl 1 Fighter in Igraine. Citizen helped me begin, and got me an invite into the Whitehawk Disciples. At first, I was a little hesistant to join a guild right away without knowing anything. But it turned out to be the best decision I've made in this game.
I quickly met Damzelindistress and Thaline, whom untill I was about level 25, consistantly mixed up which sex each one of them was. :oooo: Only after repeated corrections from Citizen did I finally get it right. Early on, I was helped with equipment and money from them and answers to all my newbie questions. Even now, that I am level 41, I still turn to them for advice and I still feel like a newb in many ways, especially in RvR combat.
Soon after I met Kemetian, level 50 Paladin. He was always helpful to me with spellcrafting and my questions about being a Paladin. And now, at level 41, he has helped me level multiple times in the Barrows, and has donated funds to Aznar so that he can try to reach LGM status. Every day I am in there I see him helping other guild members with everything they need.
Now, I am no longer the biggest newb in the world, but there are others in our guild, and in the realm who are, and need the same kind of help I got when starting out. So I follow in my guild leaders example and I do my best to help out new guild members when I can by donating gold, making armor, alcheming, and doing a little bit of spellcrafting here and there. I even try to help newbs without guilds, or from other guilds. Just recently I led a low level fighter from Gothwaite to Camelot and then made him 2 sets of armor to hold him over. I spoke with him the other day, he is now level 20, and a Paladin as well. He has formed his own guild with some friends of his, named Attack at Dawn. But I still continue to help him out, and he asks me questions about being a Paladin and RvR all the time.
Then there are those with whom I have "grown up" with in the guild, leveling together and sometimes hunting together. Citizen and Dogmawiz I have frequently hunted with at times (as well as bonecrafter now). Together we work towards 50 much faster than if we tried soloing all the time. Many of my alts have leveled with some of our newer guild members, hiimhiding, Padrig, and some of our less frequent visitors. And Skabzvice, the AFK master, who at one time I think was actually lower than me in level now is so much higher than me and levels faster than anyone I know.
I won't forget the first time I went into Mithra, Catacombs, Tepoks, or Barrows. Or how many countless hours I've spent in Darkness Falls getting ganked by hibs. The time when I logged into DF while mids controlled it and followed two mids (OJ to me and Grape to me at 35) all the way to the nightmares and succubi and then attacked them while they were trying to kill a grape, interrupting their healer and causing the death of both of them, and eventually me. The first relic raid I went on, sitting back in Dun Crim, rezzing up to level 48 to try to keep people in the battle (as well as gain a ton of realm points). The first time I helped take back Caer Berkstead from the hibs, and then got slaughtered by about 4 full groups of them on the way to Sursbrooke. Hunting along side of Damzelindistress, Thaline, Kemetian, Tul, Khadderly, and Tul in an epic hunt, and in a Diamond group in DF. I won't forget the time I went out into Forest Sauvage, was just north of the border keep when a troll mezzed me, walked up to me, dance in front of me then left and let me live.
I remember going on the first relic raid, after we had no relics for weeks, maybe even months. I stayed for almost the whole time but had to log. When I came on the next day, we had taken a power relic finally. A few days later we swept all the power relics. I was in complete shock. I didn't even realize it untill someone in alliance chat mentioned it.
And the countless complaining by Scouts of how hard it is to level, which I never realized until I created one of my own, who is only level 10 because he was PLed by Citizen's necromancer. And my infiltrator who was level 9 for almost a month and has been level 10 for about 3 weeks now.
These are the memories I have gained from being a part of this guild and this game. Some good, some bad, some funny. I have become a member of the guild and a part of a family. And because of this, I am dedicated to staying and helping out and following in the footsteps of our leaders.
For those of you who are new to the guild, welcome to the greatest guild around. We may not have the numbers that other guilds have, or the resources, but we are the friendliest and most helpful I think.
For those of you thinking of leaving, you are making a mistake. Nothing could ever compare to the strength of heart of our guild and the strength of our leaders.
I would like to thank all the guild officers and leaders for making this guild what it is today, and for helping out me and all the other newbs. And I would like to thank Citizen for getting me hooked not only on this game, but on this guild.

~Alymon Cherubslight
Justicator, Lvl 41 Paladin
Journeyman Armorer, Lvl 600
I didn't have anything interesting to say, I've just never quoted such a long post before...

JIMINATOR
04-11-2003, 03:28 PM
uhh, that was too long to read.
Play serious sam and forget all that guild stuff.
The only levels are what you can do to other people.

JIMINATOR
04-11-2003, 03:29 PM
BTW: I was joking. I am glad you found something you like
and a good group of people to share it with. Personally,
I don't play RTS games, I would probably suck at them.

Mr Clean
04-11-2003, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by JIMINATOR@Apr 11 2003, 09:29 AM
BTW: I was joking. I am glad you found something you like
and a good group of people to share it with. Personally,
I don't play RTS games, I would probably suck at them.
RTS games rock, although I haven't played the MM online type..yet. But DAOC looks pretty cool....

Gharac
04-17-2003, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by JIMINATOR@Apr 11 2003, 03:28 PM
uhh, that was too long to read.
Play serious sam and forget all that guild stuff.
The only levels are what you can do to other people.
Aaargh....I'l have to get my evil twin to frag your butt :yohoho:

DAOC rocks :sorcerer: :thumbs:

Thaline
04-19-2003, 04:42 AM
Wow Alymon,

I am really glad that you have so many wonderful stories and memories from our guild. It really made my day to hear them :)

Thank you for all the help you are to others in the guild. We appreciate you. Yay for you :)

Thaline