PDA

View Full Version : DarkTime lives??

Death Engineer
04-11-2003, 05:44 PM
I was browsing through some of the old seriously forums and came across a name I hadn't seen in Serious Sam for quite some time. He was an old school Serious Sam player and one that I always had a tough time beating. He eventually joined the MERC clan and we settled into our reign of the early SS online club. But he has since disappeared.

Well, I looked up his email from the seriously site, and dropped him a line. Here's some of his response:

Hi Death,

How you doing these days. I haven't been in the Serious Sam camp for a long
time now.  I spend most of my game time on UT2003 or Metal Of Honor. 
In UT2003 I change my name often since I really don't want to be in clans
anymore and I keep getting asked to joining them.  By changing my name I
don't get a reputation going to far that makes them ask me.  They know I'm
lying when I say I'm a newbie and proceed to blow them away.  I still get
called a cheater even though I've never used one in any game.

In Metal of Honor I have been sticking with the name Tweedle.  Don't
ask, I don't really know where I came up with that.  I like that game as well.
There are a lot of cheats in that game since all processing is done at the
client side, but you just have take the cheaters in stride.  Usually its
just me and my trusty SMG.  In a game where there is wide open spaces
and no cheaters I can usually do very well.

As far a the two games go, I really have become addicted to the double jumps and dodges of UT2k3.  But on the whole I would say that playing UT has made me a better player in general.  Playing Serious Sam I didn't really move around much in a defensive mode.  In UT you constantly need to be dodging and moving from side to side.  I think our old friend Hammer called it the "Hammer Dance".  Well you can let him know I now do the UT Cha Cha myself.

I can't believe that Croteam hasn't fixed that game.  I would say that they simply don't know how to fix it at this point.  They should make the netcode open source and lets us fix it.

My company is 14 strong now.  Mostly engineering, test, and support.

I told him to stop by sometime and say hi. He said he would try. :)

SALvation
04-11-2003, 06:35 PM
Nice to see. I played him before xMas in UT2003 and he was just normal DarkTime :D Hopefully he will come back to the camp when SS2 comes out. Did you tell him we are here now at GameMecca?

Scorch
04-11-2003, 07:26 PM
Cool :)

Mitchyl
04-11-2003, 08:10 PM
Yes. He said he's stopped by once or twice just to lurk. I told him to sign up and post something so we could make fun of him. :P

Mitchyl/DE

Casanova
04-12-2003, 09:57 AM
:cool:

Phoenix
04-12-2003, 08:15 PM
I miss that guy. He was an amazing player, plus he was an awesome guy to boot :)

Ra\/en
04-12-2003, 08:32 PM
cool.. that guy was always a great dude.

Gun Element
04-13-2003, 04:28 AM
Wow thats some good news, but I take it he wont be in MERC anymore if he really comes back like the good ol times. :bawling:

Slice
04-13-2003, 05:39 AM
I remember Darktime from the Little Trouble Demo Days of SSSE. He used to kick major ass and I learned a lot from watching him. The old Jolt servers. If I remember correctly he lives in Maine. Nice guy and great player!

JIMINATOR
04-13-2003, 06:29 AM
Originally posted by Slice@Apr 13 2003, 05:39 AM
I remember Darktime from the Little Trouble Demo Days of SSSE. He used to kick major ass and I learned a lot from watching him. The old Jolt servers. If I remember correctly he lives in Maine. Nice guy and great player!
damn , i wish i had discovered fragmatches back when i did the original single player mode early last year. i could probably kick some serious ass after a year of play instead of having my ass handed to me :-)