PDA

View Full Version : A noob question about DAOC

Mr Clean
04-17-2003, 03:43 PM
Is there some sort of a demo that I can play for DAOC? I'd like to try it out first before purchasing if possible. Anyone know of such a thing? Thanks.

Mr Clean
04-17-2003, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by OUTLAWS Terminathare@Apr 17 2003, 10:05 AM
No Demo. The game costs $20 and the 1st 30 days are free. After that, It's $12 a month.
Thanks...I was hoping Gharac would answer that, though.... :P

Gharac
04-17-2003, 09:16 PM
No Demo. The game costs $20 and the 1st 30 days are free. After that, It's $12 a month.

Mr Clean
04-18-2003, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by Gharac@Apr 17 2003, 03:16 PM
:lol:

Death Engineer
04-18-2003, 03:15 PM
You need to know what now, Mr. Dead mobster protector guy? :unsure:

DE

Mitchyl
04-18-2003, 03:20 PM
I don't know of any demo, but as Gharac and the monkey-brain said, it's only $20 to buy the software with no subscription for the first 30 days.

I will tell you this: I told my friend that got me into this that this game really wasn't my thing. That I didn't like role playing games and that there wasn't enough control over the action. About 40 played days (yes, it keeps track) later, I think I can safely say that this game is indeed my kind of thing. :)

It takes some getting used to if you've never done a RPG before, but the ability to group up with other players to do more damage than the sum of each of you soloing makes for a pretty good game imho.

Come join us for 30 days. We'll get ya all hooked up with gear and money. That way you can try it out in style. Heck, we may even throw in a pair of brass knuckles and a snazzy NY suit for you to run around in. :rofl:

Mitchyl

Mr Clean
04-18-2003, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by Mitchyl@Apr 18 2003, 09:20 AM
I don't know of any demo, but as Gharac and the monkey-brain said, it's only $20 to buy the software with no subscription for the first 30 days.

I will tell you this: I told my friend that got me into this that this game really wasn't my thing. That I didn't like role playing games and that there wasn't enough control over the action. About 40 played days (yes, it keeps track) later, I think I can safely say that this game is indeed my kind of thing. :)

It takes some getting used to if you've never done a RPG before, but the ability to group up with other players to do more damage than the sum of each of you soloing makes for a pretty good game imho.

Come join us for 30 days. We'll get ya all hooked up with gear and money. That way you can try it out in style. Heck, we may even throw in a pair of brass knuckles and a snazzy NY suit for you to run around in. :rofl:

Mitchyl
I gotza axe da boss first... :P

Well do, I think it is time for me to pick this game up and see for myself....

Alymon
04-19-2003, 12:33 PM
Nah, don't join DaoC Mr. Clean. I don't want you telling everyone in the guild about my dark side :devil:

If word gets out about my spamming marathon, well, I think people would lose their respect for me in the game :oooo:

hehe. lol. J/k. Come on in and try it out, I got tons of characters that are low level that could help you level fast, as well as tons of money on my main. Would be fun. I could sing songs to you while we hunt :rofl:

Mitchyl
04-22-2003, 02:20 PM
If only you knew Alymon......if only you knew. :devil:

Damzelindistress
04-28-2003, 04:07 PM
:lol: No wonder why you haven't been on in a couple of dayz... your spending too much time in GM Aly ;)