PDA

View Full Version : October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month.

Troop
10-01-2002, 09:08 PM
My sister-in-law (my wife’s sister) developed breast cancer shortly after giving birth to her second child over a decade ago. She never once felt sorry for herself and didn’t allow any one of us to feel sorry for her. She beat it that first time relatively uscathed. After six years of being cancer free, the cancer again resurfaced and again she fought valiantly to beat it.

A couple of months ago, the monster came back with a vengeance. She, along with the rest of the family, were again ready to battle this deadly disease. Although she fought with renewed vigor, this time the cancer was determined. She succumbed to the disease this past Saturday September 28, 2002. She was surrounded by the ones closest to her. She left behind an adoring husband and two beautiful children. She would have been 43 on Thursday October 3, 2002. Her courage and strength were an inspiration to all who met her.

October, being Breast Cancer Awareness Month, I urge all of you to do what you can to aid in finding a cure for this deadly disease. Please ask the women to regularly do self-examinations. I also ask that for all the wonderful women in your lives; mothers, grandmothers, wife, aunts, sisters, and daughters, give them all a tighter hug next time you see them and tell them how much they mean to you.

With sincerity,
Rolando (Troop)

OUTLAWS OZRIC
10-01-2002, 09:34 PM
:(

hi troop it's OZ,, I'm so sorry to hear your news.My thoughts are with yo and all who are close.Your definately right about giving a big hug to those who are close,: when things like this happen there is a good side to it ,,; it makes the rest of us appreciate many things , family , friends, loved ones and much more. Only very recently Ada and I lost a dear friend in a motorcycle accident he was 39 and has left behind twins aged 5 and a lovely wife. The twins were a result of 4 attempts of IVF,, thats how much they wanted kid's.Take good care buddy , speak soon..

OUTLAWS The Machine
10-01-2002, 09:36 PM
Sorry to hear that Troop. I'm sure she was a great woman and she will be missed.

OUTLAWS WHOCARES
10-01-2002, 11:16 PM
troop I am so sorry to hear that man.
We are all hear for you if you need us.

Slice
10-01-2002, 11:35 PM
I am so sorry for you and your families loss. I also know many people who have lost battles with cancer. :( Hopefully, some day soon, there will be a cure.

Buckshot
10-01-2002, 11:55 PM
Joanne , Kev and I are very sadden by what has happened. Having lived through it myself I have felt the pain that you and yours must be feeling . With our deepest sympathy we extend our open arms to your family in this time of need . Feel free to call bud if you need anything.

Rick.

Outlaws Poison Ivy
10-02-2002, 12:34 AM
So sorry for your loss Troop. Just wanted you to know that you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Gun Element
10-02-2002, 01:25 AM
She was a tough woman to go through so many cases of the same thing. Im sorry also about the loss.

FASTway
10-02-2002, 01:26 AM
That is very sad to hear Troop.

We all wish you and your family much strength during this sad time.

Dark Reign
10-02-2002, 02:05 AM
I'm extremely sorry to hear about your loss Troop. My family lost our grandfather to lung and bone cancer, and he fought it to the end, much like your sister. I hope that you and you're family will come together and support each other in your time of need. Again, I'm truly sorry such an awful thing had to happen to you and your family. NOONE should have to go through that kind of pain.

FUS1ON
10-02-2002, 03:14 AM
Troop I'm sorry to hear of you and your families loss. I'll remember you all in my prayers.

TheUltimateWarrior
10-02-2002, 08:38 AM
i'm very sorry to hear this troop :cry:

Sacrifice
10-02-2002, 08:48 AM
my grandfather had lung cancer................so i feel u troop srry she sounded like a great woman that never quit :cry:

Goober
10-02-2002, 09:45 AM
I am so sorry for your loss. She sounded like a very strong woman who will leave a large hole in the lives of the people that loved her. Cancer has taken the life of people close to me also. I will remember you and your family in my prayers.
Thank you for the reminder to embrace what we have while we still have it, We do sometimes take the presence of our loved ones for granted.

Darthvim
10-02-2002, 09:52 AM
I feel sorry for you and for her, sometime ago my grandfather died on lung cancer, he was a smoker. so stay NON smoker !

:( so bad news make me sad

ForrestFunk
10-02-2002, 10:01 AM
I am so sorry for you and your families loss.

A sad day :(

SALvation
10-02-2002, 12:45 PM
Sorry for your loss, Troop. :(

Slash
10-02-2002, 03:27 PM
I am very sorry for your loss Troop. Cancer is horrible.

OUTLAWS Dixie Chick
10-03-2002, 12:16 AM
Troop,

I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your sister-in-law. You and your family are in my thoughts.

Thank you for reminding us about the self examinations. But most of all thanks for reminding us how special our family is to us. So often we take them for granted, but it is a very sobering thought to know they will not always be with us. Cherish those moments together!

SIFI
10-03-2002, 12:22 AM
my friend lost his dad to cancer. his dad kept fighting but it just got worse. his fear was he would die in a hospitel. but his family was glad he passed at home peacefuly

Troop
10-03-2002, 02:50 AM
Thanks to you all. The kind words and encouragement are sincerely appreciated by me and my family.

We had a celebration and memorial service for her this afternoon which was such a fitting tribute to a life well lived. It was unbelievable to have over 350 people show up. She had touched many lives and accomplished so much in her short life. If only we can be so lucky.

I thank you all again and God bless.

Phoenix
10-04-2002, 12:49 AM
:( Im really sad to hear about this Troop.....Cancer sucks...my dad has it.... :(