PDA

View Full Version : better than ad-aware

JIMINATOR
04-18-2003, 03:18 PM
PC Mag reviewed the ad killer stuff, and they liked spybot search & destroy more than ad-aware.
I tried it, and I have to agree.
Free @ http://spybot.eon.net.au/index.php?lang=en...n&page=download (http://spybot.eon.net.au/index.php?lang=en&page=download)

OUTLAWS DirtGod
04-18-2003, 04:03 PM
Im downloading now is it as easy to use..?

Morpheus
04-18-2003, 04:05 PM
hmm? I did a test. I ran adaware awhile back, and it found 37, but i didn't delete any.. Spybot found 8. :thumbs:

OUTLAWS Jag
04-20-2003, 01:07 AM
I use to use Ad-Aware but they never updated it now I use spybot S&D it is easy to use and there are always new updates. Thats just my 2 cents though

Pure_Evil
04-20-2003, 02:44 AM
The new version of Ad-aware has had 2 updates since I nstalled it a couple of months ago, and with what I view :unsure: AA gets a good wokout! :devil:

OUTLAWS high ping camper
04-20-2003, 03:44 AM
Originally posted by OUTLAWS DirtGod@Apr 18 2003, 08:03 AM
Im downloading now is it as easy to use..?
I installed it, and when I ran it, it ran in a continuous loop......and wouldn't stop. :blink:
There was something in the "help" section about the possible loop problem, and how to solve it....but I couldn't find the tree they were talking about.......... :WTF:

So I rebooted and uninstalled it. I then went and downloaded Ad-Aware, it worked fine. :thumbs:

Herbus Maximus
04-26-2003, 03:11 AM
Yeppers...SpyBot is the one for me as well. I ran AdAware, then spybot back to back and Spybot always found stuff that AdAware didn't. And it's faster too :thumbs:

PimpDaddy
04-26-2003, 06:11 AM
I've got ads gone and I get very few pop ups, the ones that do sqeak by get added to my blacklist. Also have Alura's Spyware Eliminator. First time I ran that, it found 275 'spy's' on my system (too many sites I shouldn't be in :P ) mostly crack haven, warez search for game downloads etc. Now I just stay out of those places all together.