PDA

View Full Version : retirement announcement

Red[GummiBear]
04-22-2003, 03:00 PM
well i just wanted to let you guys know that i am going to officially retire from UT2k3 for a while...im becoming tired of the servers out there and the lack of real competition. have no fear though! i will still be playing, i am going to go back to playing UT99 ctf matches (my first love). i am better at that anyway. so, as of last night i have reinstalled original UT and played my first matches. this will end a 7month vacation from UT99 that was strictly focused on UT2k3.....however, i still have ut2k3 installed and may play some instant action every now and then for something differet, so it is not an official "official" retirement...ill still be accessible and be around the messageboards so if you guys ever do need anything or want some tips or someone to practice with you can still give me a holla and i will try to stop playing UT99 and hop in with you fellas for a bit...its just most of the other gummis still play a lot of UT99 and i miss playing with them, so im back to join the ranks.

well, just wanted to let you guys know, i had a good time playing some matches with ya....

for any doubters, here is a link to a screenshot from my very first game back, it was nt that great but hey, it was my FIRST game, give me a break!

here goes:
http://forums.gummiclan.com/download.php?id=190

unforgiven
04-22-2003, 03:05 PM
HEy man as long as you are still around its all good with me. I can still reach ya for practices which works. Best of luck to ya pale. :wootrock:

Dissectional
04-22-2003, 04:26 PM
Well then Red,
You know you are always welcome, and I am sure that we will see each other now and again.
You have been a great help to us with everything that we have tried to accomplish.
I would like to thank you for all of your help, and that goes for the rest of the Gummi's also that have taken time to practice with us and beat our heads in :rofl:

We'll see you out there man!

Salud,
Diss

I'm not a member I can't see the screenie! :bandhead:

Mr Clean
04-22-2003, 07:01 PM
I hate to see the Gummis retire, but you can still come here and post!!!! Stop by and chat with us now and then...

Red[GummiBear]
04-22-2003, 07:47 PM
np fellas, ill still be around, just wanted to make you guys aware that i wasnt really gonna be around the ut2k3 scene for a while...

JIMINATOR
04-22-2003, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by Red[GummiBear]@Apr 22 2003, 10:00 AM
for any doubters, here is a link to a screenshot from my very first game back, it was nt that great but hey, it was my FIRST game, give me a break!

here goes:
http://forums.gummiclan.com/download.php?id=190
"Sorry but you are not authorized to view or download this Attachment"

sorry guy, but I think you made it all up :-)

If you every play ssam, I'll see you there, otherwise take care...

Pure_Evil
04-22-2003, 08:09 PM
:bawling: :bawling: :bawling: I just registered at Gummi site this morning!!

Hey Red G, thanks for everything and please stop by our practices from time to time, you are a great friend!

You are one of the classiest players I ever met! :cool:

Pure_Evil
04-22-2003, 08:14 PM
Sorry Red, I stole your pic so others could see it.

Red[GummiBear]
04-22-2003, 08:51 PM
hey thanks for fixing the prob with the pic evil.

ive had a lot of fun playing with you fellas in both priv and pub servers. you guys are definitely classy as well and there are good things in your future if you keep going on the path you are on.

ill still be around on IM and stuff and you guys are welcome to send me a message if you have questions or want me to help ya out somehow...but if you wanna see me on the pubs you gotta come to UT99!!

PimpDaddy
04-22-2003, 10:25 PM
Thanks for all the help red....and to all the gummis. Still have loads of questions, but maybe another day another post. Have fun

Red[GummiBear]
04-23-2003, 01:04 AM
np pimp, and ill still be around, just playing UT99 ctf so you can still ask me some questions and i can still play 2k3 if i feel like loading it up, its not like i uninstalled it yet!

Dissectional
04-23-2003, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by Red[GummiBear]@Apr 22 2003, 03:51 PM
...but if you wanna see me on the pubs you gotta come to UT99!!
I do have it installed.... :hmmm:

SPAWN
04-23-2003, 04:22 PM
hey red keep ut2k3 on so maybe just maybe one day i could beat you

yeah in my dreams :wootrock: cya around ut2k3 man :wootrock:

Red[GummiBear]
04-23-2003, 05:32 PM
lol np man, i wouldnt delete the game again, i learned from reinstalling UT99 the other night that its a pain in the ass to reinstall all the patches and bonus packs and maps and then still have to change my settings and tweak it to get good fps...wont do that again!~

SPAWN
04-23-2003, 05:46 PM
ew sounds fun :unsure:

Pure_Evil
04-23-2003, 05:52 PM
It's still easier than re-installing Tribes 2 :wacko:

When I upgraded to XP it didn't take as long! :bandhead:

Burn the Witch
04-23-2003, 08:19 PM
Gah, I never managed to resintall Tribes 2!

ZeLL
04-24-2003, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by Burn the Witch@Apr 23 2003, 12:19 PM
Gah, I never managed to resintall Tribes 2!
IT'S STILL ON MY MACHINE CREEPING THROUGH ITS LIFE FORCE!!!! but anyway, had some gg's with you red. look foward to seeing around ut2k3 and ut.

Smooth[GummiBear]
04-28-2003, 12:55 AM
Silly Red quit UT2K3 :P

Im still around. Just need to get the password to yourt guys's server so I can play.

Pure_Evil
04-28-2003, 01:12 AM
He's hooked up guys!

Yellow[GummiBear]
04-28-2003, 03:41 PM
I really didn't play too much 2k3 except with you guys and once in a while with Red on KGB... I'm still a hardcore UT99 guy but I gotta say that you guys make playing 2k3 more fun than it normally would be... I just don't really care for it, but playing with a bunch of classy, respectable guys makes it worth my while... although I'm pretty much a striaght up ut99 guy I'll definitely keep playing with y'all once in a while