PDA

View Full Version : Router Firewall of Death

Pathos
10-03-2002, 02:49 PM
El Incompetento is back! <tattered cape flutters heroically>

Ok Router is working. I have a D-Link DI-704P if that means anything. LAN is a go. File Sharing is a go. Internet connection sharing is a go. It's all peaches, cream, sugar and spice and everything nice.

Now, what i would like to do is have someone from the outside connect to my SS2 server. I don't need it to show up in the server list - i only want to be able to give someone my IP and to have them connect. Simple.

Used to be able to do this just fine before the router. Now anyone trying to enter gets stuck on "Waiting for server".

Now, speaking briefly to Goober and some others i believe i am supposed to open Port 25600, yes? Well.. uh.. how exactly do i "open" it? Furthermore, I cannot find any references to "forwarding" or "port triggering". <scratches head>

Please excuse my extreme newbiness. That i have gotten this far at all make Jesus return look like a Mr Bean episode.

If it helps anyone help me, here is a pic of a couple of screens i may need to change (hopefully i'm in the ballpark):

EDIT: Pics removed. 'tis working now. woowoo!

SALvation
10-03-2002, 02:52 PM
The only thing i can tell you is when you open it, make sure you enable TCP and UDP both on the port. Sam needs both of them. Not sure how to open a port on DLink...I have Linksys.

Pathos
10-03-2002, 04:12 PM
Thanks Sal! Makes sense.

Ok i found the instructions online. I didn't really follow them but hey i think i have it working anyway. Any volunteers? Not to play.. just try to get in.

IP is **** <crosses fingers and small intestine>

EDIT: Yep it's working. Thanks for coming in, Nightflier! Much appreciated. <thumbs up>

FUS1ON
10-06-2002, 02:26 AM
Pathos I think that was me or did ~NF~ come in also? :wink:

Pathos
10-06-2002, 06:12 PM
Hmm - now i'm not sure! <chuckle> Thanks to you Shogun if that was indeed the case. I know it was definitely an Outlaw, and given you're all pretty cool it's become a blur. ;)

Sorry in all sincerity for the mix-up - 'tis unlike me. Was just doing 10 things at once at that point, trying to get it all set up, and must have crossed my wires at some stage.

That'll teach me to overclock my wheelchair and heartrate monitor.

Thanks again!

AcidWarp
10-11-2002, 10:34 PM
don't forget to upgrade your router's firmware on a regular basis.