PDA

View Full Version : Matrix Reloaded

Elessar
05-15-2003, 06:32 AM
my predictions were right
first off
and the first hour or so of the movie wasnt too great
the fight scenes that were computer generated sucked mostly
but it didnt ruin theentire movie.......
i was not dissapointed
thats cuz i didnt have my hopes as high as the hype would of liked
so i think it was worth a sitting :cool:

had some great scenes....and some bad ones
so anyone else like it?

ME BIGGD01
05-15-2003, 09:14 AM
i am planning on seeing this with my brother tonight. i have been waiting forever but with your review i am alittle nervous.

Snip3r
05-15-2003, 11:18 AM
:unsure: NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

OUTLAWS DirtGod
05-15-2003, 11:36 AM
I agree that it started out a little slow.....but the last hour or so was action packed...also remember this is the second movie in a triliogy setting you up for the climatic ending...which the preview after the credits looked good

Mr Clean
05-15-2003, 02:36 PM
It was like a good concert, once it got rolling, it didn't slow down.

I thought it was very good, especially being the second in a trilogy, which for reasons such as what DirtGod pointed out is usually the worst of the three....

You have to see this in the theatre, though. Watching it on your PC wouldn't do it justice you KAZAA people....

I thought the fight scenes were great. I didn't have a prob with the comp animation at all... :WTF:

Give it a 9 out of 10.

Elessar
05-15-2003, 06:44 PM
Listen
I came away happy
don't let my review keep you from seeing this movie
its just that there were a couple of instances that they tried too hard to impress the audience
the good really does outweigh the bad in this movie and im sure any matrix fan wont really be dissapointed

i just didn't like how zion was portrayed
how they heralded morpheus as some sort of Moses
and some of the off the wall things neo does (like spinning around like a ballerina in mid air)

But there are many good things to look forward to and im sure there are one or two scenes that make the lady's misty eyed. And there is one hell of a comedic scene that should have most rofl

JIMINATOR
05-15-2003, 06:54 PM
yeah, but is there sex and nudity :P
counting down - 1 hour!

EXEcution
05-15-2003, 06:56 PM
cool i cant wait to see it (and play the game) :thumbs:

Elessar
05-15-2003, 07:15 PM
u see more of neos ass then u do trinitys!

Morpheus
05-15-2003, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by =DOA|MH=Ravenous@May 15 2003, 03:15 PM
:ghey:

OUTLAWS DirtGod
05-15-2003, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by =DOA|MH=Ravenous@May 15 2003, 02:15 PM
:bawling: yes this is true...but you do almost get the nipple shot.....

<<Hybrid>>
05-15-2003, 11:43 PM
YEA, i wanna see it too, looks like a cool movie&#33; :wootrock:

Slice
05-15-2003, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by =DOA|MH=Ravenous@May 15 2003, 02:44 PM
Listen
I came away happy
don&#39;t let my review keep you from seeing this movie
its just that there were a couple of instances that they tried too hard to impress the audience
the good really does outweigh the bad in this movie and im sure any matrix fan wont really be dissapointed

i just didn&#39;t like how zion was portrayed
how they heralded morpheus as some sort of Moses
and some of the off the wall things neo does (like spinning around like a ballerina in mid air)

But there are many good things to look forward to and im sure there are one or two scenes that make the lady&#39;s misty eyed. And there is one hell of a comedic scene that should have most rofl
Who really cares how Zion is portrayed. :P

Snip3r
05-16-2003, 12:10 AM
I just saw it and um...I have no ****ing clue what just happened....Can someone PM me the link that tells the whole story of reloaded? I didn&#39;t get the whole part about the mainframe and the Architech ect.

Elessar
05-16-2003, 12:17 AM
i care apparantly;-)
it threw off the atmosphere of the movie

Elessar
05-16-2003, 12:18 AM
the question is snip3r, did you like it?

Snip3r
05-16-2003, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by =DOA|MH=Ravenous@May 15 2003, 07:18 PM
the question is snip3r, did you like it?
....Yes, I loved it, I noticed why u thought the CG sucked. It was ok but the only part that u could tell it was fake is when Neo was fighting all the agents, u could tell he was fake then. I liked the plot but it&#39;s one of those movies which u have to watch 27893789 times before u understand it. But I have found out wat it all means. Very VERY good plot, good action seens. The sex scenes were gayer than gay though.

I give it a 10 out of a 10

Dark Reign
05-16-2003, 12:49 AM
No spoilers pllllleeeeaaasseeee&#33;&#33;&#33;

JIMINATOR
05-16-2003, 12:51 AM
Well, I saw it, and it was good.

It isn&#39;t going to compare to the matrix tho,
you just think about the matrix and there are so many cool scenes,

Knock Knock neo,
Cell phone that rings when package is opened
Whoa&#33;
More&#33;
Don&#39;t worry about the vase.
Racks of guns
Helicoptor raining bullet shells
Subway fight
Bullet dodging
Bullet stopping
etc.

This was a good flick, but it didn&#39;t really have anything that stood out-
kind of like hollywood, which has the idea that if a little is good,
a lot must be better, and a whole lot must be a whole lot better...

:P

Yellow[GummiBear]
05-16-2003, 04:02 AM
Originally posted by OUTLAWS DirtGod+May 15 2003, 06:40 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (OUTLAWS DirtGod @ May 15 2003, 06:40 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--=DOA|MH=Ravenous@May 15 2003, 02:15 PM
u see more of neos ass then u do trinitys&#33;
:bawling: yes this is true...but you do almost get the nipple shot..... [/b][/quote]
they already rated it R...the least they could&#39;ve done was throw us a little nipple shot&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

well you do get to see a few thru shirts during the rave thinger but I wanted to see Trinity&#39;s&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; :w00t:

Mr Clean
05-16-2003, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by =DOA|MH=Ravenous@May 15 2003, 06:17 PM
i care apparantly;-)
it threw off the atmosphere of the movie
Rav, I&#39;ll give you that. That whole dance scene thing....weird. Didn&#39;t fit in the movie at all....

Yellow[GummiBear]
05-18-2003, 10:51 PM
WARNING SPOILERS BELOW

actually I thought the whole dancing thing kinda portrayed that Zion is still a rather primative society... if you also noticed they only used drums for the music (much like other primative civilizations) and the clothes that everyone wore were rather ragged and primative themselves... The end of the movie with the Architect, it&#39;s explained how Zion is essentially destroyed every so often and The One of that time restarts Zion with his 16 or so people that he chooses (if he takes the door on the right) ... so Zion is never really able to become very advanced because it keeps getting destroyed. I think that the whole drum and dance thing was just to kind of help bring that fact into perspective a little better

Strider
05-19-2003, 12:19 AM
the dance scene was cuz that is what people like to see nowadays, sex and sexual persuasion is a big audience catcher, so they put it in there.

I was so damn confused when the architect started talkin to neo, I had no idea what the hell he was talkin about. :wacko:

Elessar
05-19-2003, 01:23 AM
its not that itd portrayed the people of zion as primitive
but portrayed them 3 ways
one way was as civilized as possible
civilized enough to have a zion control, and enough to build a ungodly massive fort of medal underneath the earth.....then it shows them as idol worshippers showering neo with gifts ....then as a bunch of hippies dancing barefoot in the mud

to techno.

and yes i know this scene is supposed to depict the resiliance of life in is whats supposed to be a lifeless hole. but there are other ways they could of went about this with better results
without as much cheese.
there were scenes in zion that made me go wow thats zion, a massive low tech city&#33;
then others that made me go wth is this doing in this movie.

i enjoyed the movie for the second time today
even though i had to sit through the dance scene, again.

Fantum309
05-19-2003, 02:12 AM
Yeah, that dance scene was rough. I don&#39;t think I could watch it again..........okay, maybe once more...................or at least no more than 5 more times. I think I say a couple of ( . )( . )&#39;s in there&#33;

JIMINATOR
05-19-2003, 02:51 AM
the dancing was tedious, as was the love scene. Heck the whole movie kind of was.
Dunno, I can watch the matrix over and over. Can&#39;t really say that for this one,
there are just not enough (any?) excellent parts that stick out...

Strider
05-19-2003, 03:08 AM
the special effects and action/fight scenes are enough to watch it again and again IMO.

Morpheus
05-19-2003, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by Strider@May 18 2003, 11:08 PM
the special effects and action/fight scenes are enough to watch it again and again IMO.
Yeah but the first one is better stil IMO. :unsure:

Strider
05-20-2003, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by &#036;tinger+May 19 2003, 11:44 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (&#036;tinger @ May 19 2003, 11:44 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Strider@May 18 2003, 11:08 PM
Yeah but the first one is better stil IMO. :unsure: [/b][/quote]
how you come by that?

Ra\/en
05-20-2003, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by OUTLAWS DirtGod+May 15 2003, 11:40 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (OUTLAWS DirtGod @ May 15 2003, 11:40 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--=DOA|MH=Ravenous@May 15 2003, 02:15 PM
u see more of neos ass then u do trinitys&#33;
:bawling: yes this is true...but you do almost get the nipple shot..... [/b][/quote]
trinity is butt ugly.

lol sorry.. just my humble opinion.

oh yeah and i give it 8/10.. decent movie, as far as sequels go.

Elessar
05-20-2003, 12:36 AM
i think they were too
really
they didnt show anything that was awww inducing like the first matrix
it was just the same effects used again in a more over the top way

Panagiotis
05-20-2003, 12:36 AM
It was ok not as good as the first one I thought.

:drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

Elessar
05-20-2003, 12:37 AM
yeah i dont think trinity is too hot either but i wouldnt of minded seeing her ass

Elessar
05-20-2003, 12:39 AM
and i also think the first was better overall

Snip3r
05-21-2003, 04:15 PM
The only reason people say it sucked is because they didn&#39;t understand the storyline. Everyone I know who understood the whole plot loved the movie. If you need to know the whole story then just PM me and I&#39;ll tell you.

JIMINATOR
05-21-2003, 05:01 PM
i understood the storyline and I was not impressed.
nothing stood out about the movie.
The long dancing/sex scene was just misplaced and added nothing to the story.
the sfx were pretty much been there done that.
the twins were cool and the chase scene was cool (too long though), but that was about it.
the blah blah blah dialog was just too long and too boring.

compare that to the matrix, which I can watch today and still be impressed.
the special effects were great, but also the story was superior and much more crisp and precise in every way.

Mr Clean
05-21-2003, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by JIMINATOR@May 21 2003, 11:01 AM
i understood the storyline and I was not impressed.
nothing stood out about the movie.
The long dancing/sex scene was just misplaced and added nothing to the story.
the sfx were pretty much been there done that.
the twins were cool and the chase scene was cool (too long though), but that was about it.
the blah blah blah dialog was just too long and too boring.

compare that to the matrix, which I can watch today and still be impressed.
the special effects were great, but also the story was superior and much more crisp and precise in every way.
I&#39;ll tell you what that dance thing was.....filler. Nothing but cheap, boring filler. It makes the second have of the movie that much BETTER because that part was too weird for words....you sitting there watching it thinking "WTF?"

Nick
05-21-2003, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by =DOA|MH=Ravenous@May 20 2003, 12:37 AM
yeah i dont think trinity is too hot either but i wouldnt of minded seeing her ass
:oooo: a nip would of been nice &#33;&#33;&#33;

V98ci
05-22-2003, 02:05 AM
I didn&#39;t stay for the scenes after the credits so I may be way off base. I followed the storyline pretty well I think. Zion was destoyed 5 times before and is about to for the 6th time. What is diff. about this time? Maybe Agent Smith?

Overall I liked it. Just wished I would have used the dance scene as a potty break. :bandhead: Might have stuck around for the previews.

Elessar
05-22-2003, 02:19 AM
well
also the fact that neo was able to bring done the machines in zion
that shouldnt of happened......

i think that agent smith will be the downfall of the matrix in revoloutions

Snip3r
05-22-2003, 02:20 AM
It&#39;s too long to tell, maybe when I&#39;m bored I will explain the story line.

JIMINATOR
05-22-2003, 02:37 AM
Originally posted by V98ci@May 21 2003, 10:05 PM
Just wished I would have used the dance scene as a potty break. :bandhead:
yeah, you were hoping for some nudity also&#33; :P

Snip3r
05-22-2003, 02:56 AM
WARNING&#33;&#33;&#33; MAJOR SPOILER&#33;&#33; I EXPLAIN THE WHOLE MOVIE IN THIS POST&#33;&#33; DON&#39;T READ IF YOU HAVENT SEEN THE MOVIE&#33;

Their were 5 "The One"&#39;s before Neo. The One is a part of the Matrix, the matrix created him so he can reset Zion. The Architech said 99% of the people think the Matrix is real, the other 1% doesn&#39;t. This 1% is why Zion was created. Zion was created by machines. No one cares how it was built, they just know it was. Well Agent Smith became a virus because the agents got upgraded. Their was a 6 month timespan between when the first Matrix takes place and when the second Matrix. That&#39;s when the Architech upgraded the Agents. The Oracle was saying how a program will hack the Matrix just to get away from being deleted. Agent Smith was going to get overwritten so he hacked the Matrix and became a virus that can copy itself. In the first one Neo killed Agent Smith. When he killed Smith, a part of Neo&#39;s code went into Smith and Vice versa. This explains why Smith can fight so good and why Neo stopped the Sentinels at the end. Smith Transferred himself into Bane&#39;s body. Bane returned to the real world, but Bane is now Agent Smith, I will call Bane BaneSmith to make it easier. And all Smith wants to do is kill Neo, thats his mission I guess, that and destroy Zion. Well anyways back to Neo and the Architech. Every "The One" before Neo chose the door on the right, that door resets Zion (kills all the people),but The one has to pick 16 male and 16 female to rebuild Zion, they are the only ones that survive. Neo is the only one that chose the door on the left, that door saves Trinity and The human race gets destroyed because the Sentinels find Zion and kill EVERYONE, I&#39;m still not sure how that kills the human race but still. Well anywho remember when the captain at the end said that 5 ships got destroyed suddenly? That&#39;s because BaneSmith told the Sentinels where the ships were,they destroyed them,that&#39;s why he was the only survivor, he&#39;s like a spy now. Now Zion only has 24 hours to live. Neo must stop the Sentinels. He stopped the Sentinels before, so I guess he is a part of the MAtrix, he has some control over them. Remember in the first one when Neo got caught by the agents and he was in the room being interrogated? Remember when it kind of zoomed in and u heard that weird electronic noise and saw the green lines across the screen, like u were lookin into a TV? Well you were. That was the Architech watching Neo. Ok I think I explained everything. Now I can be qualified as the biggest MAtrix fan ever. I typed all of that w00t.

Elessar
05-22-2003, 03:19 AM
Snip3r
im almost positive everyone understands the plot of the movie

but it seems uve been itching to tell it
like your gonna set people straight&#33;
lol

JIMINATOR
05-22-2003, 03:48 AM
umm, thanks for taking the time to type all that,
but it was too long to read. :thumbs:

Fantum309
05-22-2003, 05:42 AM
Hey Snip3r, thanks, I needed that. I figured out a lot of it, but you pointed some things out that I was not aware of&#33; Great writing&#33; :thumbs:

Snip3r
05-22-2003, 11:19 AM
No problem I&#39;m glad I helped someone :D

Fantum309
05-22-2003, 11:43 AM
I really mean it, some of those things you pointed out, I wasn&#39;t aware of. I guess I&#39;m not as smart as everyone else&#33; :bandhead:

Snip3r
05-22-2003, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by Fantum309@May 22 2003, 06:43 AM
I really mean it, some of those things you pointed out, I wasn&#39;t aware of. I guess I&#39;m not as smart as everyone else&#33; :bandhead:
No one else understand the plot lol

Snip3r
05-22-2003, 09:18 PM
Oh and I just realized that Revolutions comes out in November and thats exactly 6 months from Reloaded, and in Reloaded the timespan between the first and the second were 6 months.

Athena
05-22-2003, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by Fantum309@May 22 2003, 11:43 AM
I agree with you, except IM the unsmart 1 :wacko:

Pathos
05-23-2003, 08:38 AM
Copious Spoilers doth follow (consider ye warned - arr&#33;):

GOOD STUFF:
* The Oracle. Gloria Foster is a fine actress, and i&#39;m sad to see she passed away.
* Most of the action sequences (particularly the highway piece).
* The architect - very nicely done&#33; Despite the fact he looked like Colonel Sanders.
* Merovingian.. with the actor deliciously hamming it.
* The division within Zion between those who "believe" in Neo and "The Prophecy", and those who think Morpheus is a few rungs short of a ladder. Bwaha&#33; More please.
* Most of Neo&#39;s flying sequences, particularly when he grabs Morpheus and the Keymaker mid-air. Being a huge fan of the Superman mythos, this gave me goosebumps. As did his "takeoffs". Niiiiice... it was all i could do not to leap from my seat and yell, "GO KA-NOO-NOO&#33;" (My girlie was visibly relieved.)
* The (supposed) shattering of Morpheus&#39; beliefs towards the end. Could be great for the development of the character if they explore this with any depth at all in the third movie; he&#39;s always been a rock. Smugly so.
* The agent ripping the roof off Trinity&#39;s vehicle and dodging nine hundred million bullets point blank. Sweeeeeet&#33;
* The Milli Vanilli looking guys - obviously only meant to hit us on the "look aren&#39;t these guys COOL?&#33;" level, but hey.. they were&#33;

BAD STUFF:
* Neo&#39;s fight with Seraph. While technically faultless, it just felt.. forced and, well, cliched.
* The "rave" scene as it&#39;s been dubbed (rather dubiously you ask me). I could see what they were trying to do, but.. it just went on too damn long. Simply did not work and *felt* wrong, if nothing else.
* The general *look* of Zion... eurgh. (Vehicles were nice though.)
* Needless exposition. The same points were made nigh on ad naseum at times, with some diatribes near redundant in their ENTIRETY. This really surprised me from monsieurs Wachowski.
* No Tank. Apparently the actor foolishly held out for too much money. A pity as he did a great job in the first.
* Merovingian. While the actor could not be faulted, his monologue ran entirely too long. He must have made his point roughly 352 times. Sadly, this seems a common theme in this one.
* Morpheus&#39; line shortly before Neo swoops in to pull them free of the explosion (at the end of the highway sequence). WHY would you phone that in? They should have just cut to a careening Keanu shooting in just as Morpheus and pal looked done for.. i mean sure we knew Neo would save the day, but let&#39;s SAVOUR IT&#33; Morpheus pause and pseudo foreshadowing almost threw the moment entirely.
* The music in the final shot (with NEO lying on the bed). I must admit it made me laugh out loud.. and not in a good way. Way too abrupt.

Overall, i felt a little of the intimacy with the characters was lost. While that could in part be attributed to opening the canvass to include Zion and all that that entails, i found it a tad ironic given half the POINT of said "Zion Hour" (showcasing Human Vs. Computer existance, among other things).

This is all VERY nit-picky stuff. I *really* enjoyed proceedings on the whole. I will see it once more and look forward to the third flick. This one will get better with age, methinks.

Pathos
05-23-2003, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by Mr Clean@May 16 2003, 12:36 AM
I thought the fight scenes were great. I didn&#39;t have a prob with the comp animation at all... :WTF:

Here here&#33; I would MUCH rather they tried something new, daring and out there than play it safe and give us status quo. And really, what better canvas than that of the Matrix in which to dabble? A world which is MEANT to be somewhat off kilter anyway?

More agents i say&#33; Solidarity&#33; The union makes us strong.