PDA

View Full Version : Computer deletes file

Panagiotis
05-17-2003, 05:03 PM
Me & Jimanator got our younger (33yr old) brother the Serious sam gold edition game so he can play with all of us.

Well, we loaded the game for him and got it all set up. When we selected play it gave the usual thing SS loading for the first time etc. After a minute we would notice it would not load the game to play. After checking the SS files we noticed it had deleted the main ex. SS file.

Well we uninstalled the game and reloaded it again, this time we made a copy of the main file and behold, it did the same thing....it deleted the file again on its on. try it again and the same thing happens, the file just self deletes.

Anybody out there have any idea why his cp does that?

OUTLAWS Spike
05-17-2003, 05:09 PM
That is strange! :hmmm:

Try using your cd and his key code and see what happens.

Death-Dude
05-17-2003, 07:01 PM
Hmmm, that's something you don't see every day! I'd be darn shocked if it were deletting itself, but who knows. Had you put the current patch on? Here's the link to the Official page. (http://www.croteam.com/download_files.shtml) I just have to make sure, maybe you already did that. If not, try that, and then we can get one of our SSSE buddies to e-mail you the .exe, so you can compare it to yours for size, and maybe drop it in and try that one.

JIMINATOR
05-17-2003, 07:12 PM
I think he has some type of software issue. This happens with FE & SE, patch or no patch.
He is done a repair install of windows, but nada. Old hardware though, it would
be a good reason to upgrade...

Death-Dude
05-17-2003, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by JIMINATOR@May 17 2003, 01:12 PM
I think he has some type of software issue. This happens with FE & SE, patch or no patch.
Here's a shot...change the properties on the exe to Read-Only, see if that stops it from getting zapped.

Death-Dude
05-19-2003, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by Death-Dude+May 17 2003, 04:44 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Death-Dude @ May 17 2003, 04:44 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--JIMINATOR@May 17 2003, 01:12 PM
Here&#39;s a shot...change the properties on the exe to Read-Only, see if that stops it from getting zapped. [/b][/quote]
Try that? Any luck? :WTF:

JIMINATOR
05-20-2003, 01:48 AM
Originally posted by Death-Dude+May 19 2003, 06:31 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Death-Dude @ May 19 2003, 06:31 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -Death-Dude@May 17 2003, 04:44 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--JIMINATOR@May 17 2003, 01:12 PM
Here&#39;s a shot...change the properties on the exe to Read-Only, see if that stops it from getting zapped.
Try that? Any luck? :WTF: [/b][/quote]
yeah, it&#39;s for my bro. He is in charlotte, I am in atlanta.
I will suggest that he do that for all the files.
Thanks