PDA

View Full Version : Farewell

Alymon
05-25-2003, 05:04 AM
Some of you may have already heard, and some have already figured it out, but I am leaving Dark Age of Camelot for good. Recently, after school let out for the summer, I found myself playing less and less and becoming more and more frustrated with various aspects of the game. So after giving it some thought, I decided to end my account. I will no longer be playing Dark Ages at all. I have decided to try to sell my account on ebay to make some money off of it. So after the 26th of May I will not be in anymore, but you may still see my characters and my account, being run by someone new. I know that whoever it is will be received as kindly as I was when I first came into the game. Although I cannot promise that they will be loyal or curteous to the guild, which is something I kind of worry about.

I have decided that when Star Wars Galaxies comes out in late June, I am going to play that. Which means, if anyone else decides to try it, they should definitly look me up and we can group together, maybe forming a new kind of Whitehawks guild. I will most likely try to use the name Alymon again, however if I don't I will list it here.

I just wanted to thank everyone in the guild who helped me get started, who hunted with me, and who gave me advice when I was still a newb. I greatly appreciated being a part of the Whitehawks, and although I will no longer be playing DAoC, I would still like to be a part of the guild, and I will still maintain my part of the website and post any remaining screenshots I receive.

Most of all I would like to thank Citizen, because without him, I never would've tried DAoC, and I never would've been a part of the Whitehawks. If anyone needs to get in touch with me for any reason I will always be able to be contacted through my e-mail address listed on my website (http://www.tcnj.edu/~preston3) or through my AIM screenname "Sir Rocky104". If either of those are unavailable, you can relay any message to Citizen and he will most likely tell me, or post on the forum and I will try to check back in every now and then.

Thank you all, and good luck.

~SirRocky "Alymon"

Kemetian
05-25-2003, 07:00 AM
Gonna miss ya Alymon. Have fun with SWG :wootrock:

JIMINATOR
05-25-2003, 07:16 AM
yeah, now get a copy of serious sam se and have some real fun!

:thumbs:

Pure_Evil
05-25-2003, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by JIMINATOR@May 25 2003, 03:16 AM
yeah, now get a copy of serious sam se and have some real fun!

:thumbs:
yeah, you'll love f9's! :rofl:

Mitchyl
05-25-2003, 09:15 PM
Alymon,

Sorry to hear that you've lost interest in the game. I can sympathize with you though. Have fun in the new games you play and check in with us here at gamemecca occasionally.

On a side note, it is common curtesy to disband from the guild with all your characters before selling a camelot account. Just in case ya didn't know. :thumbs:

Mitchyl

Alymon
05-25-2003, 11:29 PM
Already done Mitchyl, :)

And I will definitly check in from time to time

Death Engineer
05-26-2003, 06:01 AM
Cool deal. Take care and we'll see ya around the forums.

Gharac
05-27-2003, 10:18 PM
Awww man.....sorry to hear that, but I'm sure you'll have fun in your new game. Thanks for making me feel welcome upon joining the guild and setting me up with goodies :jammin:

SWG, eh? Is that going to be a MMORP game? Maybe I need to get into the ground level :hmmm:

Post back here and tells us how it is :thumbs:

So, do I win the screenshot contest?

Alymon
05-27-2003, 11:50 PM
Will do Gharac.... the release date is set for June 25th, so I will post some info a little after then.

Also, if you want to see screenshots and such there is a link to the SWG page from my webpage on my links page. (http://www.tcnj.edu/~preston3/)

or you can check www.lucasarts.com and find the page from there.

Drunken Warrior
05-28-2003, 12:28 PM
:wave: :bawling:

Panagiotis
05-29-2003, 12:21 AM
:wave: :bawling:

Thaline
05-31-2003, 04:41 AM
Alymon,

I wish you good luck as you leave. Thank you for contributing to the success of the Whitehawks. Have fun :)

Thaline

Alymon
06-07-2003, 06:17 PM
Hello everyone, just checking in. I wanted to let all of you know that my account was sold, so someone else is now playing as my characters.
Also, I was recently accepted into the third beta testing phase of Star Wars Galaxies, so I am now playing that and helping to report the bugs and work out problems so that it will be better. I can't really talk about the game (non-disclosure agreement), but I will say that it is really cool, just requires a strong computer. As soon as they lift the non-disclosure agreement I will be posting info about it as well as screenshots I have collected. If anyone is interested in playing the beta, go to www.starwarsgalaxies.com and sign up for it, they are accepting just about everyone now. My character in that game is also named Alymon, and is on the server "Bria" if anyone is interested.
I hope everything is going well with DAOC, and the Whitehawks, let me know how things are. Is the housing expansion out yet?

~SirRocky (The real Alymon)
preston3@TCNJ.edu
http://www.tcnj.edu/~preston3
AIM:Sir Rocky104

Damzelindistress
06-09-2003, 05:09 AM
Hey Alymon,
I've met the new Alymon and he is in the Templar Knights guild. Hope the new game and life goes well for you. I look forward to seeing your posts.

P.S.
Just in case you find yourself in joining the Whitehawk Disciples with a new account you know we will be her to pl ya :w00t:

Sirc
06-09-2003, 05:15 AM
The concept of "selling" one's self seems totally bizarre to me. Isn't it kind of dishonest to buy levels that you haven't earned? :hmmm:

Alymon
06-09-2003, 03:53 PM
I totally agree that most of the fun is with starting from the beginning and leveling yourself and playing through the game. Plus, that's the best way to learn your class. If I had come into the game as a level 40+ paladin, I would've been useless to anyone for at least a few months untill I could figure out all the abilities of the class, and twisting and such. But hey, if someone is willing to shell out $60+ for an account, why not make some of the money back that I spent on the game. I used to play Motor City Online, and when I got bored with that game, I had over 1,000,000 dollars in my game account. I ended up selling that on ebay for $150. It's insane that people are willing to pay that kind of money just for a game. But I guess, I spend about that with the initially game purchase and the monthly fees overall.

I hope the new Alymon was friendly to you Damz. I know he has another account, and he purchased mine as a second account, I guess to help PL and such.

If anyone does get bored with DAOC, or wants to try something else as well, and has a good computer (lots of RAM, fast processor, 32MB+ video card), go to www.starwarsgalaxies.com and sign up for the beta, you will most likely get accepted and I would gladly help anyone out with it.

Is the housing expansion out for DAOC?

Mr Clean
06-09-2003, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by Alymon@Jun 7 2003, 12:17 PM
Hello everyone, just checking in. I wanted to let all of you know that my account was sold, so someone else is now playing as my characters.
Also, I was recently accepted into the third beta testing phase of Star Wars Galaxies, so I am now playing that and helping to report the bugs and work out problems so that it will be better. I can't really talk about the game (non-disclosure agreement), but I will say that it is really cool, just requires a strong computer. As soon as they lift the non-disclosure agreement I will be posting info about it as well as screenshots I have collected. If anyone is interested in playing the beta, go to www.starwarsgalaxies.com and sign up for it, they are accepting just about everyone now. My character in that game is also named Alymon, and is on the server "Bria" if anyone is interested.
I hope everything is going well with DAOC, and the Whitehawks, let me know how things are. Is the housing expansion out yet?

~SirRocky (The real Alymon)
preston3@TCNJ.edu
http://www.tcnj.edu/~preston3
AIM:Sir Rocky104
Thanks for letting us in on the SW stuff when you get the green light! I would like to hear about it....

Alymon
06-20-2003, 01:10 AM
GREEN LIGHT!!!!

The non-disclosure agreement has been lifted on Star Wars, as the release date is posted as the 26th of June.

In brief, I think the game is awesome. Lots of cool stuff, non-linear leveling system. Cool weapons/armor/abilities. Droids, pets, houses, etc. Gonna start posting screenshots of my character and things I've seen as soon as I get some more. But here's a few to start....

OUTLAWS DirtGod
06-20-2003, 01:19 AM
sound sweet ill wait a few moths though that 14.99 charge is a killer..

Alymon
06-22-2003, 06:41 PM
Ok, I have my new screenshots up... go to http://mywebpages.comcast.net/SirRocky/swg

Click on screenshots.... and there they are.... going to be adding many more once the servers are back up and I have time to set them up.

Alymon
06-23-2003, 04:51 PM
Check this out, it's my post about SWG on the pvpforums.....

http://www.pvpforums.com/showthread.php?th...5&pagenumber=20 (http://www.pvpforums.com/showthread.php?threadid=15547&perpage=25&pagenumber=20)

A very cool screenshot is attached there....

Alymon
06-23-2003, 05:20 PM
No it's not DAOC in Star Wars clothing. There are some similarities, yes, but there are many many major differences.

Controls - Looks similar at first, but actually very different.
Keys on keyboard are for typing in chat, you don't have to hit enter first....
Hotkeys cept for F1-12 are activated with CTRL+ 'a letter'. Arrow keys move,
mouse looks and turns, very third person adventure game like. Definitly was
weird for the first few days, especially after playing DAOC. But, all in all they
work well.

Combat - In DAOC combat was run up to a mob, hit F6 and sit there till it's dead, using
special moves and such. Casters sitting back and using special moves. SWG
there are still special abilities of each type of character and weapon type,
however movement while fighting is very important. It hurts your accuracy
but it hurts the creature's accuracy as well and can keep you away from melee
attacks if you are using a blaster or other ranged weapon.

Death - Death is kind of weird at first in SWG. You have 3 health bars, Health, Action, and
Mind (Red, Green, and Blue). If any of those are dropped to 0, you become
incapacitated, not dead. During that time, a creature can do a "deathblow" to
you, to kill you. But most of the creatures I have fought don't do this, only the
harder and more aggressive creatures. After anywhere from 10-100 seconds of
incapacitation, you get back up and can rest. If you do get deathblowed, you
can respawn at the nearest cloning facility (which will damage your stats untill you
go to a medical center and cantina) or you can respawn at a predesignated clone
facility, like a bind point in DAOC. Either way, if you didn't insure your items, you
have to run back to your corpse and pick up your items you dropped (only you
can pick them up though, so no worry). If you insured your items, you respawn
with them. Many times I've seen a player get deathblowed, and then come
running out of a cloning facility in their underwear, back to their corpse. It's like
the "Walk of Shame".

PVP - I've only done a little of this myself, as I was fairly weak compared to most players,
but you can get into it fairly early on without worry if you find some good groups.
Basically to do PVP, you have to either challenge/accept duels, or become Overt
Imperial or Rebel. If you read my post on the pvpforums link I listed in my previous
reply, you will see what it was like being an overt imperial the other night. Pretty
crazy. Dueling, all I can say is, make sure you know your enemy and you are well
trained with a weapon. My first duel was against an idiot who was obviously a newb
and was spamming vulgar material to me and others while we were shopping on
the market. We dueled, and he ran as fast as he could. :devil: He only died tired.
Second duel I had was more of a test for the other person, at the time I had 3
imperial "pets" with me, low level ones, but 3 none the less. He wanted to see if
he could take all of us. He failed miserably. :devil:
Currently there aren't any "relics" or "keeps" in SWG, there really is no ultimate goal
for either side like in DAOC. So there is no way to tell which side is winning and such.
That is a little disapointing. I am sure they will be adding to it, but at this time, nothing.

ok last thing for now.......

Pets - Lots of fun pets. My character was a droid engineer and was working on being a creature
handler as well. Any droid from the movies you can think of, people could have (as far as I
know). I saw people with C3-PO droids, R2 through R5 droids, Probots, DZ-70s, Binary
Load Lifter, and Mouse droids. Creature Handlers can tame just about any type of mob
out there, so long as they can find one as a baby first. And the best of all, imperial and rebel
soldiers as pets. I had a Stormtrooper commando at one point, now I have 3 low level
imperial officers. The greatest of all though, AT-ST Scout Walkers. Those are insane.
Take a look at the screenshots on my website, there are a couple shots of an AT-ST
fighting various things.

Theres a little bit of info for you.... If you want to know about any specific feature of SWG, just
drop me a message here, and I will do my best to explain it to you. Keep checking my website
as I will be posting more screenshots each week. Got some good ones up today.

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/SirRocky/swg

Mr Clean
06-25-2003, 06:26 AM
Thanks for the screenies!

Gharac
06-25-2003, 06:54 PM
if you didn't insure your items, you have to run back to your corpse and pick up your items you dropped (only you can pick them up though, so no worry). If you insured your items, you respawn with them. Many times I've seen a player get deathblowed, and then come running out of a cloning facility in their underwear, back to their corpse. It's like the "Walk of Shame".

:rofl:

I'm sure this didn't happen to you :oooo:

Alymon
06-26-2003, 04:10 AM
Only once, Gharac :shifty:

Funny story actually.... I was waiting to take a shuttle to another city when a wookiee bounty hunter called me an "imperial dog". Of course I couldn't just let it go, so I /spit in his face..... :w00t:

Well he didn't like that too much so he challenged me to a duel (/duel).
Seeing he was a novice bounty hunter, and I myself was just trained in advanced carbine, I knew I would be destroyed if I accepted. Well, not knowing the command for decline duel I did /duel decline.
Of course the accept command was /duel. And the game didn't see my decline part. :bandhead: So I was shocked when it said I had accepted the duel. While he shot me up good, I begged and pleaded for mercy telling him I meant to decline. Unfortunately, he had no mercy for me and deathblowed me. Since I hadn't insured I had to run across the city in my underwear to pick up my armor and such. Was a little humiliating. Anyways after a few harsh words between us, we made up and went our seperate ways. I was thinking of getting a couple darktroopers and going back and teaching him a lesson, but I ran out of time in the beta. I do remember his name "Rothgar" and if I happen to see him in the same server as I am when the game goes live, I might have to school him in the art of dueling. :devil: