PDA

View Full Version : Hey everyone I seriously need some help!

OUTLAWS BIOHAZARD
05-29-2003, 04:54 PM
Today I started my computer like I usially do and the first thing that popped up was a virus detection pop up telling me that I had yet another virus on my computer. So usially what I do is find the file scan with norton and have it quarrintine the file then I go into quarrintine and delete it. This time I tried that and it won't quarrintine the file and it won't delete it in or out of norton. I have no clue of what to do. The name of the virus is "Backdoor Trojan" and it sits in my WINNT/system32 folder by the name of "xwwm" I have no clue how any virus is on my computer or how it got on for that matter. I've had a router and Norton Antivirus 2003 for as long as I've had this computer with all the updates and everything. Although I have seen no help from my router on anything so far its just made things harder. As for Norton its been the best untill some how I got this virus. I never open any e-mails that I don't know who its from so there is no way that could be the problem. I canno't figure out why I get all these virus's and for some reason when I have all my protection on it does nothing. If anyone could help me find a way to get rid of this virus I would greatly appreciate it.

JIMINATOR
05-29-2003, 05:29 PM
you have done a live update of the antivirus software?
I can't find any info based on what you have found.
A backdoor trojan will usually attempt to give
others access to your computer. It essentially opens
a port and allows connections to your computer.
A hardware firewall is best to prevent stuff like this,
the built in firewall may help also. are you sure the name
(xwwm) is correct? usually you should be able to
google it. If you can't get rid of it, then you
can try a repair install of windows, or if you want
to get drastic, a new install...

good luck

OUTLAWS Tip
05-29-2003, 05:29 PM
Here is what Nortons advises.
Removal link (http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/backdoor.trojan.html)

OUTLAWS BIOHAZARD
05-29-2003, 05:58 PM
Thanks guys Jag and his friend helped me fix it.

Thanks alot!
BIOHAZARD

OUTLAWS Jag
05-29-2003, 06:03 PM
NP anytime. Im glad he could help. :thumbs: