PDA

View Full Version : Photoshop 7 and posting screenies

PimpDaddy
05-30-2003, 02:24 AM
o.k. I know there are tips in the GM forums for posting screenies, but for some reason I cannot get photoshop 7 to get the screenshot I want to post under 50K without reducing the thing down to smaller than a bottle cap. Can anyone tell me what size they reduce their pic to (in pixels or inches), what resolution, (i know it has to be jpg or gif).....anything. I'm not that illiterate, but damnation this baffles me and it shouldnt. thanx

JIMINATOR
05-30-2003, 02:48 AM
PS7 is really too much for screenies. You can do it but it just loads and unloads too slow.
still, if you want to do it, you first load the tga file,
then do an image->image size->800 * 600 (or whatever), constrain proportions set
that gives you a nice big image. of course if you play at 800*600 or less, skip that step
next, do a file->save as
change type to jpg
that will take you to the quality dialog
you set the quality as high as possible while getting it under 50k
i prefer irfanview - it is a free program,
you can asociate it with tga, resize, crop & save quickly and easily.
it has an options button on the save dialog for setting image quality
at 800*600, you should be able to set quality 35 and test until you find something that works
much easier and quicker than PS...

OUTLAWS BIOHAZARD
05-30-2003, 02:50 AM
There should be a option to save to web basicially all it does is keeps the original size of the pic but shrinks the file size. If your working with something really large its best to save the quality down. If you have any more questions I would be glad to help.

Thanks alot!
BIOHAZARD

SALvation
05-30-2003, 03:07 AM
In Photoshop make your pic about 650 width. Then go Save for Web, and make it a JPG at about 40% quality and you'll be all set.

Pure_Evil
05-30-2003, 11:56 AM
I use ellements now. first I change the image size to a width of 9.5 inches and make sure the box to keep proportional correct. Then I go to save for web and depending on the shot, 17 to 40% quality does the trick.

Herbus Maximus
05-30-2003, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by BIOHAZARD@May 29 2003, 06:50 PM
There should be a option to save to web basicially all it does is keeps the original size of the pic but shrinks the file size. If your working with something really large its best to save the quality down. If you have any more questions I would be glad to help.

Thanks alot!
BIOHAZARD
Like BIOHAZARD said....
I just do my work or load up the shot...click the ol' "save for web" and there you can adjust the quality and such...

PimpDaddy
06-02-2003, 03:00 AM
Thanx everyone........................I'll give it a shot when I get some more time.......You make it sound easy. (it probably is and I'm just challenged) ;)