PDA

View Full Version : PLANETSIDE

OUTLAWS Ada
06-04-2003, 12:21 PM
Anyone heard of it - any comments? My brother has started raving about it and I want ed to know if you lot thought it was any good?

LINKY (http://planetside.station.sony.com/screenshots.jsp)

SALvation
06-04-2003, 01:02 PM
I have a copy I have to write a review on but haven't played enough yet. Burn the Witch is really into this game though.

OUTLAWS DirtGod
06-05-2003, 11:55 AM
Looks cool but i can only play one online game and that will be starwars

Death-Dude
06-05-2003, 04:50 PM
Looked nice, I wish they had a demo so I could try it on a bit.

OUTLAWS Ada
06-05-2003, 04:56 PM
I just heard that it is a pay-as-you-play game, is that right? If so, that sucks! :unsure:

EXEcution
06-05-2003, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by OUTLAWS Ada@Jun 5 2003, 12:56 PM
I just heard that it is a pay-as-you-play game, is that right? If so, that sucks! :unsure:
yes there is a monthly charge for Planetside, but i also heard from a friemd (who owns the game) that u can buy Planetside cards that have a serial # on them that allows you to play for a certain amount of time, then u gotta get more cards!

I think they run for 30$ each

Death-Dude
06-12-2003, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by xtremegamer+Jun 5 2003, 12:45 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (xtremegamer @ Jun 5 2003, 12:45 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--OUTLAWS Ada@Jun 5 2003, 12:56 PM
I just heard that it is a pay-as-you-play game, is that right?&nbsp; If so, that sucks&#33; :unsure:
yes there is a monthly charge for Planetside, but i also heard from a friemd (who owns the game) that u can buy Planetside cards that have a serial # on them that allows you to play for a certain amount of time, then u gotta get more cards&#33;

I think they run for 30&#036; each [/b][/quote]
In that case, I will never ever play it. I hated Sierra for similar practices. I had a Red Baron game that had a built-in timer and log to see how many times you had installed it, after three it shut down. I removed the attributes on the file and changed it to make it unlimited. We we using Sierra&#39;s online service for gaming, mostly playing bridge, for 12.95 per month. Then, they announced that the price would be going up to &#036;50 per month, but since we were already on, we would be grandfathered in at the old price for a year....but it pissed us off they they had the marbles to charge &#036;50 a month, so we all dropped them immediately.

ZeLL
06-13-2003, 05:14 AM
Originally posted by Death-Dude+Jun 12 2003, 07:59 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Death-Dude @ Jun 12 2003, 07:59 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -xtremegamer@Jun 5 2003, 12:45 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--OUTLAWS Ada@Jun 5 2003, 12:56 PM
I just heard that it is a pay-as-you-play game, is that right?&nbsp; If so, that sucks&#33; :unsure:
yes there is a monthly charge for Planetside, but i also heard from a friemd (who owns the game) that u can buy Planetside cards that have a serial # on them that allows you to play for a certain amount of time, then u gotta get more cards&#33;

I think they run for 30&#036; each
In that case, I will never ever play it. I hated Sierra for similar practices. I had a Red Baron game that had a built-in timer and log to see how many times you had installed it, after three it shut down. I removed the attributes on the file and changed it to make it unlimited. We we using Sierra&#39;s online service for gaming, mostly playing bridge, for 12.95 per month. Then, they announced that the price would be going up to &#036;50 per month, but since we were already on, we would be grandfathered in at the old price for a year....but it pissed us off they they had the marbles to charge &#036;50 a month, so we all dropped them immediately. [/b][/quote]
those d1cks&#33; I was thinking about getting the game, now I&#39;m not and now I&#39;m plain pissed&#33;&#33;&#33; :bandhead:

JIMINATOR
06-13-2003, 05:34 AM
Originally posted by Death-Dude@Jun 12 2003, 11:59 AM
In that case, I will never ever play it. I hated Sierra for similar practices. I had a Red Baron game that had a built-in timer and log to see how many times you had installed it, after three it shut down. I removed the attributes on the file and changed it to make it unlimited. We we using Sierra&#39;s online service for gaming, mostly playing bridge, for 12.95 per month. Then, they announced that the price would be going up to &#036;50 per month, but since we were already on, we would be grandfathered in at the old price for a year....but it pissed us off they they had the marbles to charge &#036;50 a month, so we all dropped them immediately.
&#036;50/month??

That is ludicrous. Who would pay &#036;50/month to play an online game???