PDA

View Full Version : I can't find your UT server.

Ephemerion
10-09-2002, 12:48 AM
Despite hours of looking (not exactly, but close) I still am unable to find Gamemecca.net server. Are you sure this is exactly what it is called. If I look alphabetically I see nothing of the sort. Do you only run a certain game for instance DM, CTF, or bombing run. I've looked in all these categories and still am unable to find you. Maybe I am not on at the right time of day, but I thought the server would be 24/7. Am i wrong. Please help, the sooner I can play with you guys the sooner you can lay some whoop'ass on me. Aren't you guys looking forward to that???

OUTLAWS Spike
10-09-2002, 12:51 AM
are you using Gamespy Eph?

OUTLAWS WHOCARES
10-09-2002, 12:55 AM
Eph is it there in Gamespy.

FUS1ON
10-09-2002, 01:03 AM
Eph I don't know why they are not showing up for you. They showup in the in-game DM server list for me. I can also see them using ASE. I don't use Gamespy. There are two or three Gamemecca DM servers.

Slash
10-09-2002, 01:19 AM
Eph, use the all seeing eye. When you are in the Deathmatch directoryin UT2003, right click and click "new server". Gamemecca.net Houston is 66.54.130.212:7788. The server is 24/7.

OUTLAWS The Machine
10-09-2002, 01:37 AM
You have the full version or demo?

Ephemerion
10-09-2002, 04:51 AM
Only the demo. Could that be why I can't see it? Hopefully not because my budget is nonexistant so a full version will be a long time coming unless of course I can stumble across a version hehe. I'll try that IP though and see if that works, oh yah I have never used the ASE, do you guys actually pay for it now that your trial version is over with. Isn't it three months trial version?

FUS1ON
10-09-2002, 05:08 AM
That's the reason you can't see them. You will need to stumble across a version of the full one. :wink: It might not work for long with the way they have the key codes setup though. ASE's trial last for 30 days, But it's only $10US a year and to me it's well worth it.

Ephemerion
10-09-2002, 06:23 AM
Damn, that really sucks the big one. I was really looking forward to playing with ya'll. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

FASTway
10-09-2002, 06:42 AM
Hey that's funny eph that you couldn't find the server...but there is still lots of servers out there running the demo.

I play the demo once in a while.
I will eventually buy UT2003 just not yet.

But I do miss all the people that left Sam for UT.
But I get to play Dangerous Dan a lot still in SAM

And by the way I got the free trial for the ASE 3 months ago and it still works and it still updates itself. I use it to pick servers for Sam. But I never paid to register it yet. I thought it would have expired by now??

FUS1ON
10-09-2002, 06:57 AM
I still play SS about 80% of the time, So we haven't all left. SS still rocks.

Fastway you are the second person that I've heard that from. Like a dummy, I registered it before mine gave out. Eph you could try it and see if it runs out on you. You might get lucky too.

Slash
10-09-2002, 10:37 AM
MY ASE still works fine as well. I have been using it for months.

Ephemerion
10-10-2002, 02:55 PM
Thanks guys, I will give it a try, and it is good to know there are still some players on SS. I managed to play Sirc yesterday for a couple of games which was fun, but I haven't seen Fast, Dan or even Shogie in a long time. But hopefully we'll run into eachother soon. 8) 8)

FUS1ON
10-10-2002, 03:55 PM
That's true, I checked to other day and I'd only played SS for 1hr16mins in the past 7 days. I've been building two machine's and had a few problems with them and also getting things done for the LAN. Sorry Eph. :(
(insert Arnold voice) I'll Be Back! :wink: