PDA

View Full Version : Kicked by Punkbuster

Goober
06-08-2003, 04:29 PM
I was on the Outlaw server a week ago without any troubles. Today I tried to get on and if I joined via ASE it would completely load and then kick me from the server with a Punkbuster message. If I join by coming through Q3Arena and specify server it will let me in but then lock me up with a message about incorrect PB version and I think it is trying to upgrade it. I quit and ran PBWEB.exe from my PB folder in the Q3 folder, it updated and then when I tried to join the server it still kicked me......Help me someone......I need a freezetag fix.....I be having withdrawels....(no..wait...thats the crack talkin)

OUTLAWS Spike
06-08-2003, 04:37 PM
Do you have it enabled? sometimes it gets disabled by its self. :wacko:

Launch the game and see if it's on.

Grimmy
06-08-2003, 05:46 PM
Gobber, sounds like it just has to update. It downloads when you are on Frag's server, just takes a little time, or you can do it manually by downloading a file and running it. There is a link to that around here somewhere, but if ya can't find it, pm me and I can hook ya up :thumbs:

Goober
06-09-2003, 12:03 AM
I did the manual update on punkbuster....made sure it was enabled.....now I get an invalid_cdkey error message when I try to join the outlaw server....I tried both of them. I can join other servers though....I just don't understand. Unless it's a conspiracy formed by the voices I hear in my head..Oh wait..that's just my wife yelling at me.

Grimmy
06-09-2003, 12:15 AM
look in your ufreeze folder, and see if there is like a cd key or something in there. If so, back up to a floppy (to make sure) and then delete that one out of there. Sounds like you have 2 cd keys and that is what is causing the conflict. You will probably get it if you join another server like Frag's running the freeze mod. I don't know the exact name of the file. Shogun knows the name of it.

Try that out, and hope it works for ya ;)

Goober
06-09-2003, 12:38 AM
Thanks Grimmy....I found the Q3key file you were talking about in the ufreeze folder, renamed it to q3key.bak and went to the game joined in, everything worked just like it was supposed to.Got my butt kicked all over the place so everything is back to normal. That's a mighty fun game.
Thanks everyone for your help.....me go play more now.

FUS1ON
06-09-2003, 12:39 AM
Goober the name of the file is called q3key and the only place there should be one is in the Quake III Arena/baseq3 folder. If you find one someplace else, You can delete it.

Grimmy
06-09-2003, 01:31 AM
Glad ya got it working Goober. Good to see ya in there :cool: :thumbs: