PDA

View Full Version : Newer Freezetag version update

FUS1ON
06-14-2003, 11:51 PM
If you get this message while trying to join the server.
http://www.gamemecca.net/forums/uploads/post-10-1055632678.jpg

Download this file ufreeze-core38.pk3 (http://ultra.freeze.co.nz/files/ufreeze-38core.pk3) and put it into the ufreeze folder. This is version 1.2b.

Fragetti
06-15-2003, 12:50 AM
thanks Shogun :thumbs:

When you told me to check for ver 1.2 I swore I DL the new 36core.pk3 and put it in there. When i DL it today it was the 38core.pk3 :WTF:

can you guys get in the sever?

I been helping Melonhead set up a server of his own.
he is testing IP 68.14.155.239:27960

FUS1ON
06-15-2003, 01:24 AM
I can

What's Melon's server called so I can find it on ASE?

melonhead
06-15-2003, 01:55 AM
Now it's called Big Melons' :rofl:

FUS1ON
06-15-2003, 02:07 AM
Originally posted by melonhead@Jun 14 2003, 08:55 PM
Now it's called Big Melons' :rofl:
I likey that name! :w00t:

Fragetti
06-15-2003, 02:21 AM
:rofl: i likey :w00t:

Anyone want to play a map or two am going in :thumbs:

Grimmy
06-15-2003, 02:25 AM
Guys, is this something new that I will have to add to my ufreeze folder?? What is the difference from that compared to the previous one??

man I wish I was home. Minesweeper is getting boring, fast :bawling:

Fragetti
06-15-2003, 03:08 AM
Originally posted by Grimmy@Jun 14 2003, 09:25 PM
Guys, is this something new that I will have to add to my ufreeze folder?? What is the difference from that compared to the previous one??

man I wish I was home. Minesweeper is getting boring, fast :bawling:
yes get the 38core.pks and add it your ufreeze folder :thumbs:

mine sweep :rofl: I have ove 3000 arcade game roms mame32 love em :w00t:

FUS1ON
06-15-2003, 03:09 AM
Originally posted by Grimmy@Jun 14 2003, 09:25 PM
Guys, is this something new that I will have to add to my ufreeze folder??  What is the difference from that compared to the previous one??

Yep, It's a newer version.

Bugfixes:
Bug where about 1/3 of the demos from the NZ FFA9 competition wouldn't play fixed - those demos should now work with this patch.
Players_Red/Blue is now accurate
Bug where coaches could freefloat

Changes/Additions
*Major Autotext overhaul - (client). event_vars now define what you RECIEVE, not what you SEND as was previously the case. ie: if I set event_redarmor to "^3I have the ^1Red^3 Armor" I will see exactly that message when any person on my team picks it up. If I set event_yellowarmor to "", I never recieve YA notifications, etc, etc. Most people will need to change their event_ cvars to reflect this change. This also fixes the duplicate messages bug, (when 2 people are both very close to the armor, only one gets it, but both say 'I have RA'), and allows you to get autotext from bots.
*Team overlay now refreshes once every quarter second instead of once per second, and uses the same amount of bandwidth. (big ups haste)
*Now exports round time remaining, or game status (if game is in a timeout, overtime, etc) using Score_Time.
*g_redteam - (server) red team's name. if empty, the game will display "Red"
*g_blueteam - (server) blue team's name. if empty, the game will display "Blue"
*teamname - (client) command for naming teams.
*g_teamnames - (server) set to 0, clients may not name teams, only the server may name teams. set to 1, clients may name teams but they are not forced to. set to 2 - competition mode - team names are reset at every map change, and one team-member MUST use /teamname before the game will start.
*client-side auto demo/screenshots and /demorecord use teamnames to save demos. The stacks of autodemos recorded from competitions suddenly become much easier to manage.
*server-side demos and stats files also use teamnames in the same way.
*XML stats - currently in development - creates XML files in the stats/ directory on the server. Stat files currently contain: Timelimit, Map name, Team names, Team Scores, Player Names, Player weapon accuracies, Player Scores/Damage stats, and probably some other stuff.
*dumpstats - (server) dumps the current game statistics to an automatically named XML file.
*g_autostatsdump - (server) Causes XML game stats to be automatically dumped at the end of the round.
*cg_ospnetcode tweaks
*ref_listssdemos - (client) lists the ss demos the server has for playback in blocks of 12.
*ref_liststats - (client) lists the xml stat files the server has in blocks of 12
*g_allowref_sscontrol - (server) if this is 1, refs will be able to record and stop recording of ssdemos on the server, otherwise, those functions will not work.
*ref_ssrecord - (client) makes the server start recording a server-side omniview demo.
*ref_ssstop - (client) server stops recording
*ref_ssstatus - (client) informs the ref as to what the server is currently doing with respect to server side demo recording/playback (refs can always execute this)
*ref_ssdemo - (client) the server loads an ss demo for the current connected players to view (refs can always execute this)

Grimmy
06-15-2003, 03:38 AM
Kewl deal. Thanks Shogun and Frag. I will load it up when I get home GAME ON!! :jammin:

OUTLAWS The Machine
06-15-2003, 01:12 PM
Do I need to get the 38 then? :dunno:

Grimmy
06-15-2003, 04:51 PM
yes, and that file goes in your ufreeze folder, and then you are good to go :thumbs:

WhiteCloud
06-15-2003, 06:03 PM
cl_allowdownload 1 and it'll download while you connect assuming downloads is turned on server side as well

Fragetti
06-15-2003, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by WhiteCloud@Jun 15 2003, 01:03 PM
cl_allowdownload 1 and it'll download while you connect assuming downloads is turned on server side as well
no it not on Need all the bandwith we can get :oooo:

wont be long now all most there and Ill fire the server's up :wootrock:
and the stats will be up to date :wootrock:

anyone know where I change team names and adjust stuff like that :WTF:

Grimmy
06-15-2003, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by OUTLAWS Fragetti@Jun 15 2003, 01:16 PM
Would it be in where you can change like the thaw times and those variables?? I looked on the server page, where it shows what everything is set at, and it showed the team names also.

Let me know if that is where it is at. ;)

Fragetti
06-15-2003, 09:20 PM
nah thats the config file. but I dont see any thing in there like that. I probaly have to enter that stuff thru the consel :bawling:

FUS1ON
06-16-2003, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by OUTLAWS Fragetti@Jun 15 2003, 01:16 PM
Frag I remember from messing around with Western Quake they had some commands (see below) in the server.cfg file, But I can't find anything either for this new freezetag. :WTF:

set g_redteamname "Lawmen"
set g_blueteamname "Outlaws"

FUS1ON
06-16-2003, 11:51 PM
Frag according to ASE these are the commands for the Team names.

WhiteCloud
06-18-2003, 02:33 AM
that's a new feature, i haven't tried it yet. I know it's a command meant to be done by people in the server. try /teamname while you are a member of the team you want to change the name of.

if you have any old pk3 files in the ufreeze directory, delete them. Should only have 4 in there.

Fragetti
06-18-2003, 02:36 AM
Thanks WC & SG :thumbs:

FUS1ON
06-18-2003, 10:13 PM
Frag I see you changed them, What color are the Outlaws team, Red or Blue? :rofl:

Fragetti
06-18-2003, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by OUTLAWS SHOGUN@Jun 18 2003, 05:13 PM
Frag I see you changed them, What color are the Outlaws team, Red or Blue? :rofl:
Red :blink:

OUTLAWS Spike
06-18-2003, 11:42 PM
Red of course!

Fragetti
06-19-2003, 01:58 AM
Good Game Spike! :thumbs:

Wow I am @ a 1000 post :wootrock: