PDA

View Full Version : Sorry guys!

OUTLAWS Spike
06-15-2003, 03:55 AM
Please remove me from the upcoming Q3 tourny :bawling: , I don't know whats wrong but something is definetly wrong with my connection. I tried Melonheads server tonight also and it was the same as Frags, the constant connection interruption flashing on the screen every 5 seconds and watching the netgraph with these big azz yellow spikes constantly going across, I can't play like this!! :bandhead:

Grimmy
06-15-2003, 05:21 AM
Sorry to hear that Spike. I hope that you get it fixed soon bud!

Grimmy
06-15-2003, 06:04 AM
Well Spike, I think I am in the same boat as you are. I was on tonight for a couple maps, and I never seen that before. The netgraph had a yellow triagle in it, constantly and when I was froze, it was like it was skipping, and same thing while playing. I used to have a ping of low 100-130's and tonight it was all over the place. Even seen it up to like 250-300+ :WTF:

Here are a couple screenies of it :down:

Grimmy
06-15-2003, 06:05 AM
Check out that lag spike, and it was consistant :bandhead:

Check out my ping here :WTF: Never was that high before.

GG Shogun and Fastway! :thumbs: bad pingage :down:

Ra\/en
06-15-2003, 06:08 AM
Originally posted by Grimmy@Jun 14 2003, 11:05 PM
Check out that lag spike, and it was consistant :bandhead:

Check out my ping here :WTF: Never was that high before.

GG Shogun and Fastway! :thumbs: bad pingage :down:
could it ever be as bad as sam though? :rofl:

Grimmy
06-15-2003, 06:10 AM
never that bad. I played sam last night, couple maps, and my ping never dropped below 200. :down: Atleast in Q3 I seen it once around 125. Sam has no lag compensation, therefore the better the ping, the more advantage you have.

FUS1ON
06-15-2003, 06:10 AM
Not sure what to say, Mine ping is like that all the time. That netgraph looks nasty, Might just be a bad night or something :(

GG guys :thumbs:

Grimmy
06-15-2003, 06:11 AM
Shogun, wasn't there something that helped your netgraph out?? Like some settings to tweak or something??

better yet, let's make Frag run cat 6 cable to all our houses, and then we'd have like 20 or less pings to his server! :jammin:

melonhead
06-15-2003, 06:19 AM
What kind of connection are you running, Spike? If it's dsl or cable, you should have these variables adjusted in your config:
/cl_maxpackets 100
/snaps 40
/rate 25000
You can either enter them through the console or edit them in your UFreeze/q3config. Generally you should match your rate to the server, (10000 at Frag's) but 25000 is the norm for a high speed internet connection. Now when you have the lagometer on, the blue line on top is your snaps. You want to adjust your snaps (usually down) so that the blue line is thin and has no little or no yellow. (Going over 40 might set off punkbuster)The bottom green line is your rate, adjust that until it is as green and thin as possible, anywhere from 3000-25000. If it has excessive yellow or red spikes, and this problem suddenly occurred, and you did not change anything dramatic, it could just be temporary. Maxpackets have a smaller impact on your connection it seems, but I'd tweak that to see if it makes a difference. In each of the above cases, give a moment or two for the changes to take effect. Let us know how you make out.

melonhead
06-15-2003, 06:23 AM
Ah.. my connect was spikey too, but not that bad. If a bunch of us experienced it, it's probably a routing or packet loss problem near Fraghetti. I would say it would be temporary though.

FUS1ON
06-15-2003, 07:35 AM
These are the settings (default) that I have and Spike should have also. I tried to adjusted them, But the netgraph just got worst.
/cl_maxpackets 30
/snaps 20
/rate 25000

Fragetti
06-15-2003, 11:15 AM
Guys as I was telling Grimmy in a PM. I was moving about 8 Gig of data yesterday trying to get my main rig online. not sure what time you were all playing but I was up till 11:30 pm est. plus it has been raining here on the east coast like forever it seems. so am sure there alot more internet traffic and you know what that does :wacko:
My ping was fine :P If anyone knows of some tweaking I can do to improve your proformance on the server speak up I will try anything to improve your gaming. :thumbs:

OUTLAWS Spike
06-15-2003, 02:01 PM
I joined the LIC2 server and changed those settings, but I need to test it on Frag and Melons servers, but they seem to be down at the moment. :bawling:

OUTLAWS Spike
06-15-2003, 02:19 PM
Frag I didn't know you had 3 servers :hmmm: Oh well after changing those settings Mel mentioned and seeing that y'alls server were down, I went looking for another server and found Frags 3rd server and check it out! :w00t: :jammin: :wootrock: :thumbs:

Fragetti
06-15-2003, 02:38 PM
What was the IP? 68.14.155.239

OUTLAWS Spike
06-15-2003, 02:46 PM
Nevermind it is GM 1 :bandhead: didn;t see that at first! :thumbs:

OUTLAWS Spike
06-15-2003, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by melonhead@Jun 15 2003, 12:19 AM
What kind of connection are you running, Spike? If it's dsl or cable, you should have these variables adjusted in your config:
/cl_maxpackets 100
/snaps 40
/rate 25000
You can either enter them through the console or edit them in your UFreeze/q3config. Generally you should match your rate to the server, (10000 at Frag's) but 25000 is the norm for a high speed internet connection. Now when you have the lagometer on, the blue line on top is your snaps. You want to adjust your snaps (usually down) so that the blue line is thin and has no little or no yellow. (Going over 40 might set off punkbuster)The bottom green line is your rate, adjust that until it is as green and thin as possible, anywhere from 3000-25000. If it has excessive yellow or red spikes, and this problem suddenly occurred, and you did not change anything dramatic, it could just be temporary. Maxpackets have a smaller impact on your connection it seems, but I'd tweak that to see if it makes a difference. In each of the above cases, give a moment or two for the changes to take effect. Let us know how you make out.
Thanks Mel, that helped a ton!! :jammin: