PDA

View Full Version : Need some help with UT?

V98ci
06-16-2003, 01:44 AM
Ok, Sas says you guys are the experts on UT.

How do I make it faster?

Can I turn the bobbing effect off when running?

What other mods would you guys recommend?

Thanks for helping someone so ignorant as myself. :P

SASQUATCH
06-16-2003, 01:56 AM
:rofl:

Right now V98ci I am having trouble again working UT2003 on my system.
I can't get in and it keeps crashing on me my system.

This happen before and I may need to really clean out my system
and I forgot what I did the last time when this happen.

So it would be impossible for me to guide you and provide you the help.

DS guys know there stuff and I am sure they can help.

I am sorry but right now I am having major problems and can't play until I can fix it.

V98ci we have someone else I forgot to mention and that is PaPa-Doc who is with us and knows the game very well ok.
He is Slayer and he can be of help to you as well ok.

Post your question at the UT2003 section so that many not just DS can help to answer ok.

Thx

Dissectional
06-16-2003, 01:57 AM
Hey V98, check this out...

You need to go into the settings of your game, and you want to look at the input and game tabs.

There you can set the weapons bob on or off, and control the input speed of the mouse and all that. Game speed is a server option, and can only be set if you are running a server.

You should patch up to 2225, and get the Epic Bonus Pack and the Digital Extremes bonus pack. Pretty soon, CliffyB's Ownage Pack is going to be standard fair also. You should also get TTM ver.2.2, which is a great Tourney mod, with extra tweaks. I didn't post anylinks to this stuff, but if you prowl around our clan section here, you can find them.

Let me know if you need any other help.

Diss :drink: :thumbs:

SASQUATCH
06-16-2003, 02:01 AM
Originally posted by Dissectional@Jun 15 2003, 08:57 PM
Hey V98, check this out...

You need to go into the settings of your game, and you want to look at the input and game tabs.

There you can set the weapons bob on or off, and control the input speed of the mouse and all that.  Game speed is a server option, and can only be set if you are running a server.

You should patch up to 2225, and get the Epic Bonus Pack and the Digital Extremes bonus pack.  Pretty soon, CliffyB's Ownage Pack is going to be standard fair also.  You should also get TTM ver.2.2, which is a great Tourney mod, with extra tweaks.  I didn't post anylinks to this stuff, but if you prowl around our clan section here, you can find them.

Let me know if you need any other help.

Diss :drink:  :thumbs:
Thx Dissectional for your help. Believe me we can use the help.

V98ci make sure that when you do this post it at the DOA private section for the rest of the guys
to know of in case ok.

Once again thank you Dissectional for your help.

SAS

Death-Dude
06-16-2003, 02:33 AM
To get to the Advanced settings, pull down the console and type in "preferences", without the quotation marks. The main thing that will help is upping your Cache Megs size from a default of whatever it is, to like 256 if you machine can afford it. If you only have 256, go with like 128 or up until you find a sweet spot. The lighting and pretties all ask for some cpu and video attention, so turing off some of those things will help.

Death-Dude
06-16-2003, 02:37 AM
Here's how it looks

PimpDaddy
06-16-2003, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by Death-Dude@Jun 15 2003, 10:37 PM
Here's how it looks
cool death dude !

I never knew that option existed. Any other tweaks you can share??

Red[GummiBear]
06-16-2003, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by Death-Dude@Jun 16 2003, 02:37 AM
Here's how it looks
all of these options can also be changed in your .ini files in your system folder. i would actually suggest making the changes there because you can make a backup of the file BEFORE you make any changes. that way if anything goes wrong you just go in and replace the revised file with the backup and all is well...rather than having to remember all the changes you made and change them back

SASQUATCH
06-16-2003, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by Red[GummiBear]+Jun 16 2003, 08:39 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Red[GummiBear] @ Jun 16 2003, 08:39 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Death-Dude@Jun 16 2003, 02:37 AM
Here&#39;s how it looks
all of these options can also be changed in your .ini files in your system folder. i would actually suggest making the changes there because you can make a backup of the file BEFORE you make any changes. that way if anything goes wrong you just go in and replace the revised file with the backup and all is well...rather than having to remember all the changes you made and change them back [/b][/quote]
I agree it is much better this way and it is how I would do it in case by making a backup.

Good Idea for bringing it up Red[GummiBear] :thumbs:

SAS

V98ci
06-17-2003, 04:26 AM
Ok, I ain&#39;t very smart. I can&#39;t seem to find the advanced properties menu? I also can&#39;t find the proper lines to modify in the UT system folder. I try to open the engine file and it tells me I need a special program to read it.

What am I doing wrong?

SASQUATCH
06-17-2003, 06:32 AM
Originally posted by V98ci@Jun 16 2003, 11:26 PM
Ok, I ain&#39;t very smart. I can&#39;t seem to find the advanced properties menu? I also can&#39;t find the proper lines to modify in the UT system folder. I try to open the engine file and it tells me I need a special program to read it.

What am I doing wrong?
What I send you V98ci should be fine because I did my home work on it.

I have send you an email and have posted and would rather have you post at our section because we have all the information now available for you and will provide the help you will need.

The scripts I send you can easily be changed and saved and will not have to do anything with the properties but using the script in doing so.

It is much better doing it that way ok. There should be only two script file that will need some changes.

Look in the DOA UT2003 section and if you like post your question there so that I can see it because I don&#39;t always go to other clan threads all the time and may miss your questions that needs to be answered. I am now aware of UT things that are needed and will be able to answer your questions now.

PimpDaddy
06-17-2003, 04:28 PM
Thanks Red