PDA

View Full Version : Stats down??

Death Engineer
06-28-2003, 05:30 AM
I'm just guessing that the stats server is down? I haven't seen any of the positions change in the past 2 weeks.

DE

Fragetti
06-28-2003, 11:00 AM
I try to update the stats every few days. I added a (Stats last updated) line to the stats index page so you will know the last time I updated. :thumbs:

Death Engineer
06-28-2003, 07:00 PM
Hmm....well, I guess gib stats doesn't like me or something. You've seen me on the server a few times I should think by now. It says that I've only played 1 game for 18 min. :hmmm:

Not really complaining...I know it's probably something you have no control over. Just wanted you to know.

Fragetti
06-28-2003, 07:54 PM
Hay bud np. I will look in to it right now. Did you use any other name or tags when you first started? yes I have seen you play and very well for a new guy :thumbs:

Fragetti
06-28-2003, 10:37 PM
Ok I found it :thumbs: you now show 31 games you change the space in your tag so I merged it with =(M)= Death Engineer this tag right? old one =(M)=Death Engineer
you will have to wait till I update again to see the changes. heres your stats tho

MR. SLiK
06-30-2003, 06:40 PM
fragetti, i just noticed something. in the rankings it says ranking by rank, hows that work

FASTway
06-30-2003, 08:14 PM
Rank = Kills - deaths - suicides.

I like the efficiency stat.
That is your kill to death ratio; higher is better.

I don't know how they measure skill but again higher is better.

Fragetti
06-30-2003, 08:29 PM
Guy's here the legend

Kills
How many times a player has killed another player.
Deaths
How many times a player has been killed by another player.
Suicides
How many times a player has killed himself, either with a weapon or by falling, being squished, etc.
Frags
Kills of a player minus his suicides.
Efficiency
The frags of a player divided by the number of his deaths and suicides.
Skill
Every player starts with a skill set to 1500. Each time the player kills another player something is added to his score. The amount that is added to his skill is subtracted from the targets skill (zero-sum-system). The higher the difference of skill between the killer and target is the less skill is added to the killers skill. If a scores occurs which does not involve a target (like suicides) the skill is deducted from the person scoring, divided by the number of players currently playing and this fraction is added to the other players' score. Thus you receive more skill for killing a player with a high skill then for a player with a low skill. A skill stabilises after a certain number of kills (ca. 500), unless the player improves his game play. The formular is nearly the same as used for chess ranking. If you are interested read the various sites existing, explaining it in detail or read the help file of GibStats, where you find the exact formula. People have written books on it, and these shall not be repeated here. Do not e-mail me for explanations.
Rel. Frags
Add up all frags of a map and divide that total by the number of players on that map (=x). Then divide the individual players frags by x. If the player scored 1 the player scored the average frag score of players on that map. Above 1 the player had a better score. Below 1 the player scored worst.
Rank
Is equal to a players kills minus his deaths and suicides.
FPH Frags
per hour. Frags of a player divided by the time he played.
Maps Played
How many maps a player played.

General
Comment Each of these calculations have advantages and disadvantages. There is no formula in the world which can take care of all aspects of a player. But Skill, Rel. Frags and Efficiency do show independent of the amount a player plays how well a player scores. Please do not e-mail about liking or not liking one of these calculations. I am aware of their deficiencies. If you have an idea for a great formula then mail. But keep in mind which data is available.