PDA

View Full Version : kernel32.dll

<<Hybrid>>
06-28-2003, 08:38 PM
Hello :wave:

I am in big trouble now so if any can, please help me :bawling:

I cant install MSoffice97, Msoffice2000, MSofficeXP and Windows XP, becouse i have error in kernel32.dll :bandhead:

WTF this file is doing, why i cant install big programs without this kernel32.dll? :WTF:

Thanks to any who&#39;ll help :thumbs:

JIMINATOR
06-28-2003, 08:43 PM
Well, you can always boot off of the xp disk and do a reinstall or a repair install.
You shouldn&#39;t lose anything (except the windows folder) but afterward you
will have to reinstall everything else, maybe redo your desktop and so forth.

JIMINATOR
06-28-2003, 08:45 PM
oh, if you want to try to fix it, go here... http://aumha.org/a/kernel32.htm

<<Hybrid>>
06-28-2003, 09:03 PM
Thanks for helping Jim :wootrock:

But i want 2 O/S (winXp and WinMe) i am lauching XP instalation of Millenium, but can open - error :bandhead:

Hmm once i changed system DLLs, but then windows didn&#39;t load correctly :WTF: , but i&#39;ll try this site out and backup mine Kernel32.dll :thumbs:

JIMINATOR
06-28-2003, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by <<Hybrid>>@Jun 28 2003, 05:03 PM
Thanks for helping Jim :wootrock:

But i want 2 O/S (winXp and WinMe) i am lauching XP instalation of Millenium, but can open - error :bandhead:

Hmm once i changed system DLLs, but then windows didn&#39;t load correctly :WTF: , but i&#39;ll try this site out and backup mine Kernel32.dll :thumbs:
Me is a POS. If you want to dual boot you will be better off with 98se. It is a more stable system
and will probably do what you want to do better and faster. You are also kind of going
about things bass-ackwards, it is better to install the older operating system first and then the new one.
Or if you have an extra drive, just install the old os to it, and use the bios to boot them.
It will confuse xp if you change the drives, but the older oses don&#39;t care.
Anyway good luck. :thumbs:

Crism
06-28-2003, 09:18 PM
eeww windows ME

He Is Legend
06-28-2003, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by Crism@Jun 28 2003, 04:18 PM
eeww windows ME
I know, ME sucked, psycho marz had it on his laptop, returned it for windows 2000 the next day :lol:

Slice
06-28-2003, 11:06 PM
If you are making a dual boot you have to install earlier versions of windows first. Plan on a reformat of your drive, if you decide to do this. I also agree that ME is not worth having as a second operating system. It is garbage&#33;

<<Hybrid>>
06-29-2003, 12:25 AM
Hmm i dont know why you guys hate Me :WTF: But i think i need a new kernel32.dll for ME.

BTW win98 crashes faster then ME and win98se has problems with drivers :P becouse i hate these O/Ss, but ME crashes me at first time. I know WinXP is the best OS, but they have minuses, too - cant launch some programms :hmmm:

he he and i know how to create dual boot, its not my first time :P

<<Hybrid>>
06-29-2003, 12:34 AM
I reviewed tehnical supports and there i saw alot kernel problems.
I had a virus before, becouse i formated my c:&#092; but not d:&#092; where i have instalation files, maybe that virus damaged instalation files. i&#39;ll get Office CD back from friend, maybe that will solve the problem :dunno:

JIMINATOR
06-29-2003, 03:12 AM
ME has known issues with memory leaks. If you are only running it to run a program, then shouldn&#39;t be an issue.
otherwise it adds a lot of bloat and no real benefits to 98se. (aside from the additional device drivers which you mentioned.)

<<Hybrid>>
06-29-2003, 03:21 AM
I am working with Me 3rd year and know many problems with it, but this is at first time

i installed Win98se for first time and it has problems with adio driver...then formated c: :P

Slice
06-29-2003, 03:33 AM
Originally posted by <<Hybrid>>@Jun 28 2003, 11:21 PM
I am working with Me 3rd year and know many problems with it, but this is at first time

i installed Win98se for first time and it has problems with adio driver...then formated c: :P
What the hell are you trying to do? Make everything XP. :D

Sirc
06-29-2003, 03:35 AM
Doesn&#39;t XP have a compatibility mode that lets you run old programs?

Death-Dude
06-29-2003, 03:35 AM
I&#39;ve never done a dual-boot system, just did like JIM said and had two drives. I&#39;d take 98SE over ME anytime, though. I&#39;m curious, though, what do you use the older OS for?

ME BIGGD01
06-29-2003, 03:57 AM
if you just want to run me and xp i would suggest putting windows me on c drive and then install windowsxp on d drive using ntfs. this way when you are in winme it will not see the d drive partition and it will not try any of that funky crap it likes to do such as system restore etc. stc. on the d drive. it will not use any of the hedden files on the d drive either. you can edit the boot.ini file anyway you feel comfortable. i also dislike me as it usually screws up after 3-6 months of operation. 98se is better but me does clear up some of the bugs in the network stuff that se had. I do not understand why you would want to dual boot but won&#39;t argue your pref&#39;s. if you currently have 2 operating systems on 1 partition well then you know where your problems are then.

<<Hybrid>>
06-29-2003, 05:54 AM
Damn i know how to install dual both :bandhead:

I just need this to solve this kernel problem, maybe i need to dl it, maybe reinstall windows (this is terrible) :WTF:

Yes XP have compactibility utility, but that CU working very :down: i&#39;d tested it on very many softs, all i have to say is :down: :down: :down: :down:

Thanks all for helping :wootrock: :thumbs:

<<Hybrid>>
06-29-2003, 06:02 AM
Originally posted by ME BIGGD01@Jun 29 2003, 03:57 AM
if you just want to run me and xp i would suggest putting windows me on c drive and then install windowsxp on d drive using ntfs. this way when you are in winme it will not see the d drive partition and it will not try any of that funky crap it likes to do such as system restore etc. stc. on the d drive. it will not use any of the hedden files on the d drive either. you can edit the boot.ini file anyway you feel comfortable. i also dislike me as it usually screws up after 3-6 months of operation. 98se is better but me does clear up some of the bugs in the network stuff that se had. I do not understand why you would want to dual boot but won&#39;t argue your pref&#39;s. if you currently have 2 operating systems on 1 partition well then you know where your problems are then.
I have only WinME now, and two partitions (C;D)

I agree with faults on WinME, but i had very faulty Win98se, when i installed it. And i know the problem - Virus spoor, trust me, when i am accesing some install files, error message appears: "File is modificied, you should check for viruse or redownload file" :hmmm:

My friend told, that the best O/S is Linux, never saw it before. But i know - noone O/S is perfect - without faults :thumbs:

<<Hybrid>>
07-03-2003, 08:52 PM
I solved the problem :thumbs:

I had copy of CD in my computer and after (w32/pinfi virus rampage my computer shows this error messages on all instalations.
I installed office from CD and it works fine :thumbs: