PDA

View Full Version : PS2 - Tomb Raider

::: DARK PSI :::
06-30-2003, 02:39 PM
Anyone play this yet.. any good?

Dissectional
06-30-2003, 02:52 PM
I haven't played it, never a fan of those games, but I hear it is worse than awful.

Terrible control, slowdown, a plot that makes no sense, and glitches throughout (similar to swimming)

This series should have been shelved long ago IMO.

Burn the Witch
06-30-2003, 03:45 PM
Yeah, goodbye Eidos, but no one wants a game that isnt properly 3D anymore,

its got slowdown, enemies that dont shoot half the time, random dissapearing items that stop you from completing a level.

I think the only people who were actually excited about the game were the makers, but time has moved on.

Oh well, theres still 2 good British Games Companies Left -- Rockstar and Naughty Dog.

Dissectional
06-30-2003, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by Burn the Witch@Jun 30 2003, 10:45 AM
Yeah, goodbye Eidos, but no one wants a game that isnt properly 3D anymore,

its got slowdown, enemies that dont shoot half the time, random dissapearing items that stop you from completing a level.

I think the only people who were actually excited about the game were the makers, but time has moved on.

Oh well, theres still 2 good British Games Companies Left -- Rockstar and Naughty Dog.
Isn't Rare British? Of course they are in bed with Microsoft now...

06-30-2003, 05:06 PM
Maybe I will get the PC version then.

Gun Element
07-02-2003, 03:54 AM
Oh man that sounds really bad. lol I was just want to try it to laugh at its poorly done work.

but I have to say that theirs like how many tomb raiders? A ZILLION KAJILLION!?

god tis bad from the start.

07-03-2003, 01:14 PM
The only good tomb raider was the first. It was inventive and addicting. I loved that game. None of the others EVER came close to the feeling you get playing the first! What a shame.

Gun Element
07-03-2003, 06:46 PM
I thought the first one sucked. :thumbs:

EXEcution
07-03-2003, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by Gun Element@Jul 3 2003, 02:46 PM
I thought the first one sucked. :thumbs:
I though they all sucked but i liked the movie!

Dan2
07-03-2003, 08:55 PM
The first Tomb Raider rocked on the PC. The PS1 version was a let down. I'm gonna rent the new one to see if its worth it.

As for the movie- one word...ANGELINA!!! :wootrock: :wootrock: :wootrock:

Phil
07-05-2003, 12:28 PM
yep :thumbs:

Gun Element
07-05-2003, 06:37 PM
heh I didnt like the movie as much as I hoped as well.

Tomb Raider doesnt seem to get any better.

THis reminds me of this time where I was in this game store and these people had like a craploard of PS1 games in their hands. 2 kids and the parents. Each hold ing at least 4. And the kid said " hey can we get this too?" The dad replied " Only if its Tomb Raider or your grounded!"

Whats so good about it to be such a fan like that? :hmmm:

actually I think I made up the grounded part. but the dad was serious when he said only tomb raider. :WTF:

Burn the Witch
07-07-2003, 01:49 AM
i didnt want to see the films, my friends asked me, told them i was ill, i figured lying about being ill was better in the long run than going out, watching the moving and becomming seriously ill because of it.