PDA

View Full Version : Error Message

OUTLAWS Jag
07-01-2003, 11:55 PM
When I try to change my settings during a game and try to resume game I get an error message that reads. "get server info was cycled out". Then I am kicked from the game. Also my name editor will not show the colors of my tag in the game even though it show up in name editor. When I try to set it in the game I get that message also. This happens on Frags server.

OUTLAWS The Machine
07-02-2003, 12:31 AM
:hmmm: :WTF:

OUTLAWS Spike
07-02-2003, 12:39 AM
Start the ufreeze mod on your computer and enter the code for your name there, then it will work when you join Frags server! :thumbs:
For some reason we have been having probs too with the SS name editor in Quake. :WTF:

OUTLAWS Spike
07-02-2003, 12:41 AM
also fix your setting while you are there! :thumbs:

MR. SLiK
07-02-2003, 12:43 AM
making colors in quake is so easy heres how to do it:

lets say you wanted to make Jag in all the color red here is the quake code for it:

^1Jag = Jag in red

you use the carrot ^ and then a number (to 9 i believe is the highest) for the color you want. so lets say you want jag with 3 diff colors, it would go like this:

^1J^2a^3g

hope you can understand that

FUS1ON
07-02-2003, 01:30 AM
Originally posted by Jag@Jul 1 2003, 06:55 PM
When I try to change my settings during a game and try to resume game I get an error message that reads. "get server info was cycled out". Then I am kicked from the game.
JAG I think that happens if you are static/not moving for too long or the game ends before you get finished typing. Here's another way to add the commands. Start quake, go to mods, click on UFT. It will restart quake, The menu looks the same, But the ufreeze mod is running now. Go to multiplayer and create your own server. Then you can enter the commands without that happening. You can test the vocals messages to see if they work or not. The grappling hook won't work like that, You will have to join a server to test it.

The reason the SS name editor doesn't work is because it's editing the q3config.cfg file in the baseq3 folder and not the one in the ufreeze folder. Same problem as above, The mod has to be running for it to edit it. Like they said, Load the mod (The way I said above) and enter the name code in there.

BTW You must type slow like me, That's how I found out about it. :D

OUTLAWS Jag
07-02-2003, 01:50 AM
Thanks Guys for the help