PDA

View Full Version : WTF?

Sirc
07-05-2003, 06:46 AM
I love Excessive! Rapid fire rockets rock! :wootrock:

So I join this server and start firing rockets, and everyone starts bitching at me. And then they all started to vote to kick me from the server. :WTF:

I said WTF am I doing wrong? They said I was a rocket whore. Use anything but the rockets. Sheesh! You SPAWN with the RL. :bandhead:

What a bunch of wussies. :bandhead:

Sirc
07-05-2003, 06:47 AM
Oops! This was the server:

JIMINATOR
07-05-2003, 06:50 AM
lol, sirc the rocket whore! :jammin:

Sirc
07-05-2003, 06:56 AM
Originally posted by JIMINATOR@Jul 5 2003, 02:50 AM
lol, sirc the rocket whore! :jammin:
LOL! It was eerily similar to SS - the SD is there, but you aren't allowed to take it. :lol:

Except you can't kick people for taking the SD in SS. :oooo:

FUS1ON
07-05-2003, 07:29 AM
I like the Excessive mod and I can be a little excessive with the rockets too. :D

Sepra
07-05-2003, 01:16 PM
Sirc gets it no matter where he goes............It's a sign I tell ya. :rolleyes: :P

Nightflier
07-07-2003, 03:33 PM
That's not uncommon Sirc... They claim it slows the server, so on excessive, you are often told not to use rockets. I don't know if it's true or not, but they told me the same thing when I use to play on excessive.

EXEcution
07-07-2003, 03:37 PM
That sux its unfair, anyway i cant even nail one guy with a rocket (excessive or not) in Q3

Sirc
07-07-2003, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by OUTLAWS Nightflier@Jul 7 2003, 11:33 AM
That's not uncommon Sirc... They claim it slows the server, so on excessive, you are often told not to use rockets. I don't know if it's true or not, but they told me the same thing when I use to play on excessive.
Hmmm, I didn't think about that. That's true, if you have 10 people on a server all firing rockets at 8 rounds a second, I could see how that would stress the server a bit. :rofl:

SALvation
07-07-2003, 05:36 PM
What's the excessive mod?

Sirc
07-07-2003, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by SALvation@Jul 7 2003, 01:36 PM
What's the excessive mod?
http://planetquake.com/excessive/

Excessive is an over-the-top mod that makes all the weapons super-powerful, turns off self-damage, gives all the players regenerating health and ammo, and makes every game into a wild and crazy frag-fest! In the fast and furious bloodfest that is Excessive, it's not about staying alive; it's about taking as many people as possible out with you.

Sirc
07-07-2003, 05:48 PM
SLiK hates Excessive. I'm surprised he hasn't commented here yet. :oooo:

MR. SLiK
07-07-2003, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by Sirc@Jul 7 2003, 09:48 AM
SLiK hates Excessive. I'm surprised he hasn't commented here yet. :oooo:
yep its dumb. i played it once, and someone sat behind my respawn point with machine gun and 999 ammo and kept killing me or shooting me off everytime i spawned.

Sirc
07-07-2003, 05:55 PM
:lol: There. Now the thread is complete. :rofl:

Death Engineer
07-07-2003, 08:31 PM
I enjoyed excessive for a little while. But it doesn't really compare with the skill needed in freezetag...especially instagib freeze tag. :cool:

FASTway
07-07-2003, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by Death Engineer@Jul 7 2003, 01:31 PM
especially instagib freeze tag. :cool:
I agree.
Maybe we could have one of the GM Quake servers be an Instagib freeze tag server. I think it blows the socks off of regular freezetag.

It sucks for me since I am a HPB but I can still hold my own. :wootrock:

Sirc
07-08-2003, 01:37 AM
Skill is highly overrated. :P

Sometimes I wanna just blow the crap outta stuff. That's where Excessive comes in. :devil:

OUTLAWS The Machine
07-08-2003, 01:50 AM
Originally posted by FASTway@Jul 7 2003, 06:50 PM

Maybe we could have one of the GM Quake servers be an Instagib freeze tag server. I think it blows the socks off of regular freezetag.

:thumbs:

Fragetti
07-08-2003, 02:42 AM
It can be done :hmmm:

melonhead
07-08-2003, 02:52 AM
Yes, but if you develope your skills at hitting what you're aiming at, you don't need excessive. That's what skill is all about. What's fun about excessive bfg's? Any noob can stand in a room and shoot thousands of projectiles. :oooo:

Sirc
07-08-2003, 02:53 AM
Originally posted by melonhead@Jul 7 2003, 10:52 PM
Yes, but if you develope your skills at hitting what you're aiming at, you don't need excessive. That's what skill is all about. What's fun about excessive bfg's? Any noob can stand in a room and shoot thousands of projectiles. :oooo:
:wootrock: You're talking to a complete n00b here. :P :rofl:

melonhead
07-08-2003, 05:55 AM
Well, I agree fun is subjective, and I meant no offense. Being a n00b is quite alright, we all are at some point. I am a complete n00b at Sam, :blink: but, it still seems evident that the good players are good because of skill, not shooting 1200 cannonballs/minute. I personally consider a BFG in Quake to be excessive. Spam is a part of any FPS, but any weapon where you point generally at an area and kill lots of people not only unbalances a game, but just makes people leave. You won't find many skilled players on an excessive server, mostly just whiners, as you have noticed already. ;)

Sirc
07-08-2003, 06:03 AM
Originally posted by melonhead@Jul 8 2003, 01:55 AM
Well, I agree fun is subjective, and I meant no offense. Being a n00b is quite alright, we all are at some point. I am a complete n00b at Sam, :blink: but, it still seems evident that the good players are good because of skill, not shooting 1200 cannonballs/minute. I personally consider a BFG in Quake to be excessive. Spam is a part of any FPS, but any weapon where you point generally at an area and kill lots of people not only unbalances a game, but just makes people leave. You won't find many skilled players on an excessive server, mostly just whiners, as you have noticed already. ;)
No offense taken! :thumbs:

I just meant that, well, sometimes I just like to blow stuff up. Just to relieve some tension. No worries about skill. No worries about who wins, or who spams, or who is the better player. Just blow stuff up. It's fun sometimes. :P

Death Engineer
07-08-2003, 04:52 PM
Sirc,

You mentioned blowing things up. Sit down on this comfy chair and tell me more about that... :P

(Sirc talking)

And how did that make you feel...

(Sirc talking...and whimpering a little)

And did you tell Sal that it hurt?...

(Sirc sobbing uncontrollably)

J/K, as always man. I, too, find it fun just to blow the snot out of things just for the heck of it sometimes.

The other thing that I like about Quake is that people don't go changing their names all the time. Well, OK. There was this one guy named Quaisu or something....

DE

JIMINATOR
07-08-2003, 04:57 PM
:hmmm: I wonder if I can be
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !
in quake???