PDA

View Full Version : New version of Demo.....

OUTLAWS high ping camper
07-06-2003, 03:22 PM
I downloaded the "new and improved" demo for UT 2003 yesterday, and hopped onto a server.

Wow! Nice game play, no lag, fast paced, cool weapons...etc.

I just can't believe there aren't more people (here at Gamemecca) interested in this game.

Am I gonna rush out and buy the game? Nope..........I'm too cheap.......well,....just wanted to stop by here and show my support for this game. Ummm, well,....for the demo, at least. :)

Slice
07-06-2003, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by OUTLAWS high ping camper@Jul 6 2003, 11:22 AM
I downloaded the "new and improved" demo for UT 2003 yesterday, and hopped onto a server.

Wow! Nice game play, no lag, fast paced, cool weapons...etc.

I just can't believe there aren't more people (here at Gamemecca) interested in this game.

Am I gonna rush out and buy the game? Nope..........I'm too cheap.......well,....just wanted to stop by here and show my support for this game. Ummm, well,....for the demo, at least. :)
That's because they're all like you, cheap. :P

EXEcution
07-06-2003, 09:16 PM
Yeah UT2003 is a good game, but it offers little else besides some new weapons and maps....its still the same dish.

UT2004 isa different story though, it offers vehicle combat, and the graphics look awesome. Check out the screenies in PC General! :thumbs:

Death-Dude
07-07-2003, 02:48 AM
I bought it the first week it was out. UT 2004 looks , to me, like it'll be a fun change of pace, but I don't usually care for car games. It promises to be very beautifully drawn, though.

Pure_Evil
07-31-2003, 05:51 PM
Yes UT is a bit of the "same old" But as far as smooth play, great netcode and new maps and mods go, UT 2003 is one of the best out there. Also when they patch a game, you don't usually have to go and back-patch the game, the new patch fixes all the current issues as well as adresses the old ones.

OUTLAWS The Machine
07-31-2003, 06:02 PM
I played the crap out of it when it first came out.

Twin])I2agon
07-31-2003, 07:48 PM
The netcode isnt that good. Ok for sam players it might seem perfect but its far away from perfection.

Plutoxin_7
08-01-2003, 02:46 AM
:WTF: Come on people.UT2003 $30 US at EBs. Thats only $10 more than Sam or Will Rock!

You get a great game,2 awesome bonus packs from DE/EPIC,The ability to auto download from servers without crashing them,New user created maps all the time,The full level editor & a lite version of Maya to create your own maps & static mesh's.

Thats a lot of content for $30.

If you enjoy the demo,Give the full version a chance.If you like traditional DM/CTF and you want a truly next gen engine game,this is going to be it for a while.Half-life2,Doom 3,Quake4 have all had their release dates pushed back and we've already heard Doom & Quake will only have limited multiplayer(4 players.)Chrome and Planetside will be a whole different experience than UT.(Yes,UT2004 has vehicles just like Chrome & Planetside.But I just found out they will only be used for 1 game mode.)

So come on! Take the plunge!
Then I won't have to play on the damned demo servers anymore! :rofl:

Sirc
08-01-2003, 02:50 AM
Originally posted by Plutoxin_7@Jul 31 2003, 10:46 PM
:WTF: Come on people.UT2003 $30 US at EBs. Thats only $10 more than Sam or Will Rock!

You get a great game,2 awesome bonus packs from DE/EPIC,The ability to auto download from servers without crashing them,New user created maps all the time,The full level editor & a lite version of Maya to create your own maps & static mesh's.

Thats a lot of content for $30.

If you enjoy the demo,Give the full version a chance.If you like traditional DM/CTF and you want a truly next gen engine game,this is going to be it for a while.Half-life2,Doom 3,Quake4 have all had their release dates pushed back and we've already heard Doom & Quake will only have limited multiplayer(4 players.)Chrome and Planetside will be a whole different experience than UT.(Yes,UT2004 has vehicles just like Chrome & Planetside.But I just found out they will only be used for 1 game mode.)

So come on! Take the plunge!
Then I won't have to play on the damned demo servers anymore! :rofl:
Okay, tomorrow night I will install UT2K3. Only because you are making me, you bastard! :w00t: :P :rofl:

I have the full version, but it was bought quite a while ago. Is it gonna be as hard to set up as Q3? Or does it upgrade itself automatically?

Plutoxin_7
08-01-2003, 03:19 AM
"Okay, tomorrow night I will install UT2K3. Only because you are making me, you bastard!"
:rofl: :rofl:

I don't think it will be hard to set up.I've never had any problems with the patchs or bonus packs.

sometimes when you're adding a custom user made map,you might have to place a new static mesh the author has made in the mesh folder.Or if someone includes a new music track,you have to put it in the music folder.
It's no big deal.Most of the time,there will be a read me that will tell you which folders you need to put the new items in.

Sirc
08-01-2003, 03:22 AM
Originally posted by Plutoxin_7@Jul 31 2003, 11:19 PM
"Okay, tomorrow night I will install UT2K3. Only because you are making me, you bastard!"
:rofl: :rofl:

I don't think it will be hard to set up.I've never had any problems with the patchs or bonus packs.

sometimes when you're adding a custom user made map,you might have to place a new static mesh the author has made in the mesh folder.Or if someone includes a new music track,you have to put it in the music folder.
It's no big deal.Most of the time,there will be a read me that will tell you which folders you need to put the new items in.
Oh crap, it sounds worse than Q3. :bawling:

Plutoxin_7
08-01-2003, 03:25 AM
No.It's not...Trust me. :devil: