PDA

View Full Version : Keyboard and mouse

merkwannabe
07-20-2003, 03:22 AM
I have a mouse and keyboard that came with my computer. My mouse is a hp optical mouse. My keyboard has keys that have to be pushed fairly hard. I have played with Phoenix's mouse and it seems much smoother. His keyboard is carved for sam,(although his space bar is jammed). Is this an important factor in sam? I have some money, but I don't if I should spend it on my pc or on my future.

:w00t:

<<Hybrid>>
07-20-2003, 03:24 AM
i have this problem, too :wacko:

Grimmy
07-20-2003, 04:42 AM
optical mouse I would say is a must&#33; I played a game while on vacation with the old ball in it, and it sucked royally&#33; You get better accuracy with an optical IMO. As for the keyboard, I have a wireless one. I am happy with it, but not satisfied. In any game I play, when I adjust the volume it lags the game badly&#33; Also with the wireless mouse (I have the MX700, logitech) atleast in sam I get lag spikes if I use one of the extra buttons to switch weapons. That is how it was when I played sam. Maybe with the utility that I have now, that might have been eliminated.

Optical for sure&#33; Keyboard, I&#39;d say it&#39;s a preference you will have to find.

Sirc
07-20-2003, 04:53 AM
Originally posted by merkwannabe@Jul 19 2003, 11:22 PM
I have some money, but I don&#39;t if I should spend it on my pc or on my future.
:lol:

I have the MX700 too, and I love it. :thumbs:

The keyboard doesn&#39;t matter that much as long as it is comfortable for you to use. Go to Best Buy or something and try out all the keyboards. Buy the one that you think has the best key action.

Don&#39;t buy a compact keyboard&#33; Get a full size one. :thumbs:

SALvation
07-21-2003, 01:20 PM
Optical mice are much better for gaming because they have a higher refresh rate. Also, I think that all of the buttons on the MX700 help out a ton as I can have all my weapons mapped to mouse buttons. Makes it very easy to switch.

::: DARK PSI :::
07-21-2003, 01:49 PM
I am too tired to join in on this conversation again... and again.. and again..

So here...

http://www.gamemecca.net/forums/index.php?...=ST&f=8&t=17443 (http://www.gamemecca.net/forums/index.php?act=ST&f=8&t=17443)