PDA

View Full Version : Dumb question..

SL802404
07-31-2003, 06:47 PM
I was just wondering but have you guys ever had a 1v1 tourney?...In my generals and red alert 2 clan(RTS games) we played 1v1 tournies all the time and they were fun. Its real good practice too. You could do like best of 3 maps like at LANs or a single map depending on how much time everyone has. Too big of tournaments usually dont finish though so I was thinking DS only cause the gummis would probably clean house anyways but idk. Let me know what you guys think..but I just think it would be fun.

Dissectional
07-31-2003, 06:52 PM
You know, we have played each other one on one, but I don't think that we have really had a tourney. You mean inter-clan right? Sounds like fun to me, the only pisser is that we pretty much know how the other plays...well, except in the case of me playing you. I think we were in a game for 30 seconds one time.

Can do though, it would be a riot.

SL802404
07-31-2003, 08:52 PM
yep an interclan tourney...makes it even more fun that you each know the other strats. In RTS games its all about strats and it still was alot of fun playing against your own clan.

Yellow[GummiBear]
07-31-2003, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by Dissectional@Jul 31 2003, 01:52 PM
the only pisser is that we pretty much know how the other plays
you bring up an interesting point here Diss... take the Gummis for example... we've been playing so long together that I could just about tell you exactly what one of them is going to do next just because I know their playing styles so so well... and that goes for all of us... why do you think we do so well in TDM and BR?? because we've played together so long and we have such good chemistry together... In all actuality though we 1v1 quite a bit with each other and it makes for some GREAT matches. Also, with 1v1 DM you pretty much know what the other person is gonna do anyway even if you never played him before... he's gonna time the armor and double damage, he's gonna try to whore the weapons so you can't get any, he's gonna try to lure you into pinch spots where it'll be easier to kill you - basically he's gonna try to do exactly what you try to do.

Knowing the playing style of other people and what their habits are really makes for some challenging and interesting games. Any of the Gummis can attest to this because we have some REALLY good battles sometimes.

1v1 is really a ton of fun and a great idea that I think ya'll should roll with. Even if the Gummis aren't allowed to play, I'd love to spectate some of your games and watch your different strategies and skills.

Burn the Witch
07-31-2003, 08:59 PM
yeah this is a good idea IMO, we should get someone to organize this. (im happy to if no one else wants)

|SCK|Sephiroth
07-31-2003, 09:04 PM
i might wanna try this too if you dont mind.

Pure_Evil
07-31-2003, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by Burn the Witch@Jul 31 2003, 04:59 PM
yeah this is a good idea IMO, we should get someone to organize this. (im happy to if no one else wants)
Fool! You're it! Organize away!

BTW, no Antalus!!! Sorry Zell! :w00t: :rofl:

If you want it twitch, run with it, and I'm in for sure :thumbs:

J/K Zell, don't get your pantys in a wad

SL802404
07-31-2003, 09:18 PM
Id be willing to run it...but im away this weekend so i would have to wait till next week to get it going. You could see how many players we got...then we could either take a gummi if they want to play or someone else from the boards if we need more or something. You could do it as...best of 3, player 1 picks 1st map..player 2 picks 2nd map...both agree on 3rd map or it will be randomly picked out of a group of preselected maps..maybe like 6 maps. Either that or we could do it as 1 game that follows the same format as the 3rd map in best of 3. I dont know how you guys want to set it up as in ...you want the best player to play the worst first or like randomly(i think random would work better). Maybe 1st round officially starts wednesday..or next friday? that way we have time to set everything up and the rules.

Casanova
07-31-2003, 11:53 PM
:thumbs:

PimpDaddy
08-01-2003, 02:09 AM
Originally posted by Casanova@Jul 31 2003, 07:53 PM
GG :rofl:

ZeLL
08-01-2003, 05:49 AM
i will be gone if its next week :bawling:

so all you hope its next week :rofl:

Casanova
08-01-2003, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by PimpDaddy+Aug 1 2003, 04:09 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (PimpDaddy @ Aug 1 2003, 04:09 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Casanova@Jul 31 2003, 07:53 PM
GG :rofl: [/b][/quote]
:lol:

PJ'l_Master
08-07-2003, 05:04 PM
that sound like a good idea and you could have some people spectate to see any weaknesses in a players performance and then tell them about it to help them get better. :hmmm:

SL802404
08-07-2003, 05:07 PM
yep...it already started..DS only tho :/...anyways been fun so far and once the first round is done will give some results and demos.