PDA

View Full Version : loaded

Grimmy
08-09-2003, 06:29 PM
And already lost as hell. I created a character race: Inconnu Class: Mage.

Joined a game and the trainer said some things, but that was about it. Walked around and well tried to attack some headless monster, but died, twice. I have a stick or something in my hand, but as far as attacking, well I can't even run away.

Lost again :online2long:

OUTLAWS The Machine
08-09-2003, 06:32 PM
a mage will be very weak in hand to hand combat. You will die easily. Where are you at?

OUTLAWS The Machine
08-09-2003, 06:34 PM
A mage is supposed to be behind the front line fighters and cast spells

Grimmy
08-09-2003, 06:34 PM
I was in some building or something. Like a town. Just running around, don't know what to do to gain experience and such. My trainer is no help, just says some mojo and that's it.

Oh, and the sound of this game, is it suppose to sound like it's skipping or something? :unsure:

OUTLAWS The Machine
08-09-2003, 06:35 PM
What town is it? Humberton?

I've had no problems with sound.

OUTLAWS The Machine
08-09-2003, 06:36 PM
Basically you will have to kill small stuff to get your experience up. Each time you level up you have to return to your trainer and he will give you new abilites and spells.

OUTLAWS The Machine
08-09-2003, 06:36 PM
You read the manual?

OUTLAWS The Machine
08-09-2003, 06:38 PM
Sit down to heal yourself.

Grimmy
08-09-2003, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by OUTLAWS The Machine@Aug 9 2003, 01:36 PM
You read the manual?
yea, bits and pieces of it. Rading the starting out in the world, and the trainer really didn't give me anything, no quest or such.

Maybe a different character will be better :online2long:

OUTLAWS The Machine
08-09-2003, 06:52 PM
What is your in game name? Did you join the right realm and server?

OUTLAWS The Machine
08-09-2003, 06:53 PM
Your trainer does not really give any quests. The first thing you need to do is kill small stuff to get your level up.

Grimmy
08-09-2003, 07:25 PM
do you just hit the attack button, and it does everything for ya? I managed to kill a snake and like a wolf, but do I control the swinging?

This is turning to be a pain in the butt for me to figure out. :bandhead:

And everything is so dark and I can't see anything. Is that normal?

OUTLAWS The Machine
08-09-2003, 07:41 PM
You can toggle the torch with "t". Is is dark during the day also?

It is a little frustrating till you level up a few times. if you are a mage you need to be casting spells rather then relying on combat.

What is your name?

Where are you?

AND READ THE DAMN MANUAL! :P

Grimmy
08-09-2003, 07:45 PM
torch :hmmm: I will have to try that.

I think my trainer should be here at my house or something. HARE!! Get on the next plane please :P

Time for something else, maybe non puter related and come back with a fresh mind, and try again. :online2long:

OUTLAWS The Machine
08-09-2003, 07:46 PM
And it is much more fun when we are in there working together. I'll be back on tonight.

Grimmy
08-09-2003, 11:13 PM
Actually got somewhere. Found some poison, and some chick that gave me a scroll with a recipe to give to another person. Found him and now in the journal, it just says there is nothing. Is there a way to find your trainer's name? I am not sure exactly what his name was. Will he like start talking to me and give me something else to do?

OUTLAWS WHOCARES
08-09-2003, 11:15 PM
It it ever stops raining here I am gonna run out and get it.

Grimmy
08-09-2003, 11:34 PM
You might not have to. Not sure how long I will keep this one. Again I am lost, complete something I had to do, and now I don't know where to go. Good thing I am not that far, so I can just start over, again. :unsure:

EXEcution
08-10-2003, 12:02 AM
Wut game is this!?

Mr Clean
08-10-2003, 07:17 AM
Originally posted by Grimmy@Aug 9 2003, 05:34 PM
You might not have to. Not sure how long I will keep this one. Again I am lost, complete something I had to do, and now I don't know where to go. Good thing I am not that far, so I can just start over, again. :unsure:
Don't play drunk! :P

Grimmy
08-10-2003, 07:20 AM
I was sober at that point. :P

Now well, :drink: :thumbs:

Pure_Evil
08-10-2003, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by Grimmy@Aug 10 2003, 03:20 AM
I was sober at that point. :P

Now well, :drink: :thumbs:
right there with you, wel in spirit... :drink: :oooo: :drink: :oooo: :drink: :thumbs: :wave:

OUTLAWS DirtGod
08-10-2003, 08:03 AM
Grim you picked the wrong charater to start a new game with you should have pick a fighter class mages and other casters work easier if you have been playing awhile.....two cents.. :P

Death Engineer
08-10-2003, 03:56 PM
Grimmy....I'll see if I can meet you online and try to help you figure out your mage. Mages can be extremely deadly. Their spells pack WAY more damage than a fighter can deal. The cost though is that your armor is pathetically weak. So you have to nuke from a distance.

DE

Grimmy
08-10-2003, 05:47 PM
Is it possible like if I created a fighter character, to play on the same server, and then maybe later on, try my mage again? Maybe a couple characters or something. Thought about creating a new mage and paying attention to what the people say, and who I have to contact and all. Wish they would put that in the journal so I could remember. :rolleyes:

OUTLAWS The Machine
08-10-2003, 05:51 PM
I think mages rock. But in order to survive you really need to have a fighter or someone else with you until you can start doing massive damage.

You can have like 8 characters or so. On that initial screen just click on one of the empty slots and create a new one. There is a lot less to worry about when you are a fighter. Just slice and dice. :cool:

Slash
08-10-2003, 06:27 PM
But be whatever you want, we will definitely need spell casters!

Grimmy
08-10-2003, 06:30 PM
Well I tried another one, completed on task, and I returned to my trainer, but can't get any info from him. I just "examine" him and that is all that happens.

Fighter time :devil:

Slash
08-10-2003, 06:32 PM
Keep fighting things or doing tasks until your bubbles are all filled up and you "level". Then go back to your trainer, right click on him, and he will give you more specialization points to distribute.

Grimmy
08-10-2003, 08:28 PM
Just found that out with my fighter. Atleast the trainer told me something, like pretty much go fight and kill stuff. Might have to load back up the mage and kill simple stuff and all.

With the fighter, well I am stuck at the moment, can't find swamp goo. They said it was just outside and I have been all over the place, looking for over an hour and there is none. :WTF: Stay away from ghosts, they kick your arse :blink: :wacko:

Did manage to piss someone off, help them kill something and they didn't like that :WTF: :loser:

OUTLAWS The Machine
08-10-2003, 09:32 PM
I found that out too. Do not help someone unless they ask. Just sit back and watch them die. :drink:

You trainer will not really give you any tasks to do. Not everyone will. Just work the area that you started in and work on getting your experience up before venturing out too far.

Grimmy
08-11-2003, 12:38 AM
W3RD! to that. Don't get near ghosts, they think I am yummy or something :bawling: :bandhead:

I have managed to get to level 4 :jammin: Gettting some spells now and trying to figure out which are best and all. I havne't grouped with anyone yet, but there was one guy that wanted me to start a new character and be a different rage, still a mage, and I did and I couldn't find him. O well, back to my initial one.

Is there a place to look to see what weapons my character can have? I would like a new staff, little more umph to him, then I can take on the yellow named monsters :w00t: Next level I get to choose between a sorcerer or a cabalist. In talking to the 2 trainers, the cabalist seem fairly wealthy, and the sorcerer have great powers in magic. :hmmm: This is going to be a tough decision.

Oh, where is everyone playing at?? I am in a town called Caer Gothwaite. I still am looking for a Cleanholio running around :rofl: I need to group with someone and level faster I tell ya though. I think I have only gotten out of this chair a couple times, food and soda, and that is it. Look what you all done to me, I am uber game nerd now :babe: :online2long: :rofl:

Grimmy
08-11-2003, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by OUTLAWS Terminathare@Aug 10 2003, 08:39 PM
You are quite a ways from Camelot.....hopefully, you can find your way there for the guild meeting....I'll log in a little early to help ya :thumbs:
Good thing you did, becuase it only tool like an hour to get there :blink: