PDA

View Full Version : explorer.exe error message...

OUTLAWS high ping camper
08-10-2003, 05:07 AM
I keep getting an error messge stating that windows explorer.exe has created errors and will be shut down. Then all the icons in my systray disapear.
I went into (log) event viewer to see what was/is causing the problem. I'll post what it said.

I have also uninstalled IE6 and also my Norton's Anti Virus software, after having read that these programs have caused this error message.

Anyway....here's the first pic:

OUTLAWS high ping camper
08-10-2003, 05:08 AM
Here' the second pic:

OUTLAWS DirtGod
08-10-2003, 08:06 AM
Your problems is your using windows............................ :oooo:

but anyway sounds like system restore or repair time...... :bawling:

OUTLAWS high ping camper
08-10-2003, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by OUTLAWS DirtGod@Aug 10 2003, 12:06 AM
Your problems is your using windows............................ :oooo:

but anyway sounds like system restore or repair time...... :bawling:
That's what I figured.

Thanks DirtGod.

I think I have to creat a repair disk to do that?

OUTLAWS Tip
08-10-2003, 02:58 PM
I assume you are using XP. System restore can be found if you click on help and then select it. Try to figure out when your problem started and pick a restore date before that. I've used it a couple times with great success. Start to finish took about ten minutes.

To repair, I think you just boot up with your xp cd and follow the instrutions. Never had to use that myself so I'm not sure of the acual procedure.
:cool:

Crism
08-10-2003, 05:28 PM
reinstall xp...fixed most software related stuff lol

OUTLAWS high ping camper
08-11-2003, 04:14 AM
Originally posted by OUTLAWS Tip@Aug 10 2003, 06:58 AM
I assume you are using XP. System restore can be found if you click on help and then select it. Try to figure out when your problem started and pick a restore date before that. I've used it a couple times with great success. Start to finish took about ten minutes.

To repair, I think you just boot up with your xp cd and follow the instrutions. Never had to use that myself so I'm not sure of the acual procedure.
:cool:
I'm using Windows 2000.

I don't think it has a restore feature.

I'm going to mess with it durring my vacation.

PimpDaddy
08-12-2003, 08:58 PM
I'm pretty sure it's a virus. My son got that message every 2 minutes and windows would have to restart. He ended up having to do a system restore :bandhead: :bandhead: I tried doing a search for the virus name but havent found it yet.. It may be msblast ?????????

PJ'l_Master
08-13-2003, 02:30 AM
that msblast crap is everywhere all of a sudden. :unsure:

OUTLAWS high ping camper
08-13-2003, 04:10 AM
Originally posted by PimpDaddy@Aug 12 2003, 12:58 PM
I'm pretty sure it's a virus. My son got that message every 2 minutes and windows would have to restart. He ended up having to do a system restore :bandhead: :bandhead: I tried doing a search for the virus name but havent found it yet.. It may be msblast ?????????
Thanks PimpD......I looked for the wm32blast.exe file in my running processes......and praise Allah, it wasn't there! :thumbs: