PDA

View Full Version : Msn again!

OUTLAWS Ada
08-10-2003, 08:20 AM
I have noitced recnetly that MSN is starting up when I go on line and not showing. This is annoying as it anutomatically signs in as OZ and peolple then try to contact him and it is me! I have unticked the box that says start MSN when windows starts, what else can I do? :WTF:

solid snake295
08-10-2003, 09:19 AM
i have kinda the same problem, i have msn 6 but the old msn always signs in first but dosent show up in the tool bar :WTF: i even deleated the old msn but it still happens, lol

Grimmy
08-10-2003, 05:02 PM
I think you have to go to start, run, and type in msnconfig. Click the start or startup tab, and there will be a big list of things, some with check marks in front of them and maybe some with out. Look for MSNMsgr and uncheck it. Then click ok, and exit, doesn't matter if you want to restart or not. But the next time you restart your puter, a box will come up telling you that you have choosen a selective start up. Put a check in the box that says don't show this next time on start up.

Then see if msn messenger still starts up. I think this will take it out of the task bar for you. So if you want to use it, you will have to find it like in your start menu and open it up that way. If that doesn't work, I might know another way, but try that first. If ya need any help, I am on msn all the time, just hit me up.

Have you upgraded to msn messenger 6?

OUTLAWS Ada
08-10-2003, 07:25 PM
It is not in the start up menu - I did the msconfig thing. I have not upgraded to MSN 6 on this pc because it then runs 2 versions as the current one comes with Xp and can't be deleted. Any othere suggestions Grimmy - all appreciated.

Saretta
08-10-2003, 08:53 PM
I managed to delete my Windows Messenger which came with XP. Well kind of: I deleted the folder where it was in :oooo: Now I only have messenger 6 on my computer.

ME BIGGD01
08-11-2003, 10:12 PM
ahhhhhh, i just figured the best solution for this problem.

it was annoying signing on to just ck mail or what ever and a million people start chatting with ya.

heres what i did.....

goto program files folder look for the folder to messenger or better yet rigght click on the msn icon and goto properties and then choose find target.

this will take you top the folder where you need to creat another folder called anything you want and cut and paste all the files inside the messenger folder into the new folder you created. now there should only be the folder you created in the folder that says messenger

this is the only this that has workded for me even after disabling the service. if you ctr alt del and look into services you will see the msmsgs service is no longer on when you boot up your unit.

this is the best thing to do and will not interfere with msn 6.0 messenger. :thumbs:

oh if you are going to do this amke sure you have msn 6 so you do have the program work properly.

<<Hybrid>>
08-11-2003, 10:41 PM
i installed msn 6 and msn Plus&#33; v2.2 (i guess) and i have a problems only when my "system memory resources are less" hmm is that good?

i got the C++ warning about these resources, then getting kernel32.dll errors, then msn colours changes to blank (i cant see any messages all is white) and then "blue screen" appears.... and i getting this error every day

damn i have WinMe and i dont wanna reinstall it :bawling: i have so much stuff instaled :(

OUTLAWS Ada
08-12-2003, 07:33 AM
Hybrid - you need to post this in the software section to get maximum views and therefore more help.

BigD. and Bains. Thanks for the help&#33; :thumbs:

FUS1ON
08-12-2003, 07:41 AM
I moved it ;)

OUTLAWS Ada
08-16-2003, 06:05 PM
Sorted&#33; I installed Norton when I discovered the Trojan last week and it has a little tick box section saying scan msn messenger - it was this that was casuing it to sign in on its own&#33; :bandhead:

I am slow - but thorough&#33; lol :thumbs:

FUS1ON
08-16-2003, 06:24 PM
Great to hear it&#39;s fixed now and for sharing how you fixed it :thumbs:

The Outlaw&#39;s Babe RULZ&#33; :wootrock:

Grimmy
08-16-2003, 07:05 PM
Good job Ada :thumbs: