PDA

View Full Version : Should I start training on thust?

OUTLAWS The Machine
08-12-2003, 08:55 PM
Hmmm. Title of thread sounds a little kinky. :shifty:

I have slash at my current level which is 11 and shield at 5. Should I start training in thrust?

Death Engineer
08-12-2003, 08:59 PM
Uhmmm.....no. Next!

Death Engineer
08-12-2003, 09:02 PM
Seriously, you will only want to train in one of the three weapon specializations. Reason being that:

1. Weapon types are specialized. You would have to switch from a slash sword to a thrust sword in order to perform any thrust styles (if you were to spec in thrust).

2. You would end up with two specializations neither of which were very damaging once you got to higher levels.

That's my 2 cents.

However, feel free to ask people online. People are pretty friendly. Do a /who arms 50 (find level 50's with arms in their name or class) and talk to someone who has likely made those kind of choices in the past. Good luck.

DE

OUTLAWS The Machine
08-12-2003, 09:09 PM
So should I keep uping mt slash? What about shield? Is it worth anything to up sield? I also have the choice to parry now.

Death Engineer
08-12-2003, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by OUTLAWS The Machine@Aug 13 2003, 01:09 AM
So should I keep uping mt slash? What about shield? Is it worth anything to up sield? I also have the choice to parry now.
Machine,

Go here (http://daoc.catacombs.com) and click on the Character Builder link. Then click on armsmen. That will allow you to see what abilities you will get as your continue to train in the various line of combat. That site also has a good map selection.

DE