PDA

View Full Version : The condensed noob guide.

OUTLAWS The Machine
08-17-2003, 05:46 PM
There are several things that a player really needs to know.

1. When you die, you need to go to a healer to get your constitution back (after level 5).

2. Return to your trainer after you level up.

3. You can tell how dangerous an enemy is to you by what color their name is. You can tell this from a distance by clicking on the monster and seeing what color his name is in the box that your health is in.
Green = easy kill few Experience points (XPs)
Blue = a little harder kill. You should be able to take him. moreXPs (stick to blues and greens when starting out)
Yellow = about a 50% chance of dying.
Orange = you are going to die.
Red = you are definitely going to die.
Purple = RUN, RUN FAST! :P

The same color scheme goes for your armor and weapons too. Yellow armor and weapons are what is ideal for your level. If you buy armor or weapons I would get orange because it is just a few levels higher the you are so you won't have to buy any more for a while. If your armor or weapon has turned blue or green you need to replace it fast. If they are gray you are really in trouble.

4. To rent a horse, go to a stable guy and buy a ticket, then hand it back to him. If you need to dismount before you get to your destination hit the jump button. Default button is "a".

5. Concentrate on one skill. do not try to spread your points when you level into all catagories. Like for example: if you are a fighter you need to pick either slash, crush, or thrust and stick with it. do not try to do all three. Read one of the links in the pinned link thread for character help.

6. At level 5 you will change trainers because you will pick your path of training. You need to stay in your initial area until you change trainers.

7. Learn to group with others of near the same level as you are. You can kill higher level enemies and get more points that way. Click on someone and if they are yellow then they are about the same level as you are. You then click the rightmost icon on the top right of your screen and click invite to add them to your group. Do not help others if they are not in your group unless they ask for it or are about to die and you know they are in trouble.

8. Learn to toggle mouse view (M). Pushing the Num Lock button will lock you in the run mode so you dont have to hold the button down to keep running.

Anyone feel free to post more much needed info for the new guys.

Slash
08-17-2003, 06:04 PM
to talk to those in your group:/g
guild: /gu

to say something to someone close by: /s (or simply Enter)

to yell for help: /y

send a message to a particular player: /send

to reply to a sent message: r

OUTLAWS WHOCARES
08-17-2003, 11:15 PM
Don't wonder too far from your trainer during the first few levels or you will die.
Do tasks to gain Xp points. Ask for help, directions or anything. The people that play this game are really nice and will help out.

Heck I got lost in the Black Mountains and someone walked me back all the way to PKB.
Needless to say I gave then 20 silver for the help.

OUTLAWS WHOCARES
08-17-2003, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by OUTLAWS Terminathare@Aug 17 2003, 07:32 PM

...and if your wife says quit playing and do some chore, you had better listen :oooo: :angel:

:rolf1:

OUTLAWS DirtGod
08-18-2003, 01:20 AM
Originally posted by OUTLAWS Terminathare@Aug 17 2003, 06:32 PM
...and if your wife says quit playing and do some chore, you had better listen :oooo: :angel:
:hmmm:
Youhave seen the error in your ways......:)

OUTLAWS WHOCARES
08-30-2003, 04:09 PM
Learn how to use the Horse rides to your advantage. They will get you from place to place alot
quicker then jogging.

SASQUATCH
08-30-2003, 04:50 PM
Macros is a cool thing and what that does is help you automate lots of function that you can create for the game. Another words you can create you’re own commands.

Example: Basic command - /macro (name) (/command) ignore the brackets ok.

The name is the Macro name and the command is a slash
command linked with the text ok. What I like about this
macro is that you can create your own short cut keys or
commands. For more detail on the Macros, go to page 49
on the black book and it explains it in detail. Very cool feature
to use.

This feature I plan to use but after I get use to playing and begin using this cool feature.

SAS

Grimmy
09-09-2003, 03:16 PM
Just thought I'd add, cuz I can never remember, the server name we are on:

The Igraine server in the Albion realm :thumbs: