PDA

View Full Version : GM LAN PARTY - MICHIGAN

::: DARK PSI :::
08-20-2003, 07:28 PM
Thanks Grimmy for setting up this forum for me. Since the Outlaws still do not trust Sal or myself to post in their precious private forum! :P

Anyway... I am officially planning a 2-4 day lan party up here in the Detroit area for sometime between October 1st - end of November. Since the Lan Party will be at my house, I am only inviting select individuals to this party. All the fellas from the MERC clan are invited and anyone from Outlaws clan is invited as well. Both our clans are responsible and are mature enough to handle a get together like this.

I would like to have as many Outlaws come up, if possible, so we can finally meet everyone. Before I truly get this thing underway, I would like to see how many people would actually be able to make the trip up and for what dates.

So please everyone tell me your availability and willingness to make the trip. Also is there are other individuals, outside of our two clans, that you feel would be mature enough to attend please tell me asap so I can properly invite them.

Thanks everyone. I hope you guys and gals can all make it!!!!!

-Greg

08-20-2003, 07:35 PM
For those who need somewhere to stay, I have plenty of room in the house or if you prefer there are places to stay around the area.

FUS1ON
08-20-2003, 07:37 PM
Yo i'm interested in attending. :jammin:

It would be cool if some of the other S'port peeps could ride with me if they can get off work and stuff, I'm pretty sure I can borrow my parent's Aerostar van and Yes, the friggin brakes are fixed now :P :rofl:

SALvation
08-20-2003, 07:37 PM
Let me be the first to invite Sirc to bunk with Grimmy.

As for a date, if its in November, that may be far enough from tourny week to contact some sponsors :devil:

08-20-2003, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by SALvation@Aug 20 2003, 03:37 PM

As for a date, if its in November, that may be far enough from tourny week to contact some sponsors :devil:
Sponsors would be great! I will hang banners from my roof! :)

08-20-2003, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by OUTLAWS SHOGUN@Aug 20 2003, 03:37 PM
Yo i'm interested in attending. :jammin:

It would be cool if some of the other S'port peeps could ride with me if they can get off work and stuff, I'm pretty sure I can borrow my parent's Aerostar van and Yes, the friggin brakes are fixed now :P :rofl:
Yea.. good idea.. you guys can all pool up together. I am talking to Hammy too.. to see if his wife will let him join us once again. You know for the annual orgy, erm lan party.

Saretta
08-20-2003, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by :: DARK LEVIATHAN ::@Aug 20 2003, 09:28 PM
Also is there are other individuals, outside of our two clans, that you feel would be mature enough to attend please tell me asap so I can properly invite them.

For the people outside of the two clans I would suggest Pure Evil.

I would really like to come to this LAN but I'm still from Germany, still have no money and I'm still a poor student :bawling:

Same for Sauron

08-20-2003, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by BainSidhe+Aug 20 2003, 03:41 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (BainSidhe @ Aug 20 2003, 03:41 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--:: DARK LEVIATHAN ::@Aug 20 2003, 09:28 PM
Also is there are other individuals, outside of our two clans, that you feel would be mature enough to attend please tell me asap so I can properly invite them.

For the people outside of the two clans I would suggest Pure Evil.

I would really like to come to this LAN but I&#39;m still from Germany, still have no money and I&#39;m still a poor student :bawling:

Same for Sauron [/b][/quote]
We will web cam it for ya&#33; :) Good idea.. i will PM pure evil.

FUS1ON
08-20-2003, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by SALvation@Aug 20 2003, 02:37 PM

Now that would truely be a site to behold :rofl:

08-20-2003, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by OUTLAWS SHOGUN+Aug 20 2003, 03:43 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (OUTLAWS SHOGUN @ Aug 20 2003, 03:43 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--SALvation@Aug 20 2003, 02:37 PM

Now that would truely be a site to behold :rofl: [/b][/quote]
Sirc is coming.. we need a Lan Jestor.

(no Grimmy he is not coming.. it was a joke&#33;)

MR. SLiK
08-20-2003, 08:09 PM
damn you and you being far away.

FASTway
08-20-2003, 08:14 PM
Sounds like a great idea.
I think Sasquatch should get invited.

08-20-2003, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by MR. SLiK@Aug 20 2003, 04:09 PM
damn you and you being far away.
Hike your fanny over here.

08-20-2003, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by FASTway@Aug 20 2003, 04:14 PM
Sounds like a great idea.
I think Sasquatch should get invited.
Fastway.. where do you live?

FASTway
08-20-2003, 08:32 PM
British Columbia, Canada.

It would be one hell of a long drive...
hell it would even be a long flight.. :P

08-20-2003, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by FASTway@Aug 20 2003, 04:32 PM

Start planning&#33; :)

JIMINATOR
08-20-2003, 08:39 PM
you could possibly ask some of doa, dwf, sepra & jag...
too far for me though and my schedule is whacked anyway...

OUTLAWS WHOCARES
08-20-2003, 09:34 PM
There is a chance that I will be able to go.
It all depends on my Mom&#39;s health at the time.

Ra\/en
08-20-2003, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by FASTway@Aug 20 2003, 01:32 PM

ditto :P

OUTLAWS The Machine
08-20-2003, 10:00 PM
Jag and Sepra for sure.

08-20-2003, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by OUTLAWS The Machine@Aug 20 2003, 06:00 PM
Jag and Sepra for sure.
I have already invited Jag, Sepra, Sasquatch, MeBIGGD and Pure Evil. I will give them access to this area later tonight.

OUTLAWS DirtGod
08-20-2003, 10:25 PM
Sound good....ill be there if the weeks run right........... :thumbs: and i still have a job :WTF:

08-20-2003, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by OUTLAWS DirtGod@Aug 20 2003, 06:25 PM
Sound good....ill be there if the weeks run right........... :thumbs: and i still have a job :WTF:
CONVINCE HAMMER TO COME&#33;

Grimmy
08-20-2003, 10:53 PM
Dude, don&#39;t even mess with that Sirc crap. I own him here, he knows that, and then I&#39;d have to show him I own him in person too :devil: :angel:

I will see what I can do to get there. Maybe dem Missouri boys could take a little detour, journey north like into Iowa, and we could car pool to Lev party shack&#33; :jammin:

If Sirc does show, can we just lock the door and say, sorry, house is full, go home :P :shifty:

ok, back to work I go. I can&#39;t wait&#33;&#33; :wootrock:

FASTway
08-20-2003, 11:13 PM
I think Sirc should be invited.
He is a longstanding member of this community.

Can you bury the hatchet Grimmy??? :angel:

FASTway
08-20-2003, 11:58 PM
Question:
There is a good chance I could make it. But I am not packing a 19" flatscreen CRT monitor in my suitcase. Any way to get hold of a decent system in Detroit for a few days?? :hmmm:

OUTLAWS Spike
08-21-2003, 12:39 AM
Let me see what I can work out with the money, I&#39;ve been having problems with my garage door and opener ever since the last lan. Seems a Dirtdobber decided to build a nest in the contacts since it was up untill 4:30 am, and then a couple of people tried to work on it (while I was sleeping) when they were leaving and now I&#39;m tired of having to try to fix it&#33;&#33; thanks fellas for your efforts&#33;&#33; :oooo: :rofl:

08-21-2003, 02:36 AM
Originally posted by FASTway@Aug 20 2003, 07:58 PM
Question:
There is a good chance I could make it. But I am not packing a 19" flatscreen CRT monitor in my suitcase. Any way to get hold of a decent system in Detroit for a few days?? :hmmm:
I can provide a few machines for us all.

ME BIGGD01
08-21-2003, 04:09 AM
hi all, i most likely will be able to attend this lan party and look forward to it. the only date or weekend i can not make is october 25th. before or after that weekend is fine.

from a learming experience i will not drive anywhere again since it takes just toooo much time. i mean it literally takes 2 1/2 hours to get out of ny and into nj so i will fly.

as far as computers go, i can have a few systems shipped there so if some can not get a computer there they will be welcomed to use one of my extra&#39;s which are all highend gaming machines so there will be no disadvantage to anyone who needs it.

well i hope this is a go and will hope to meet those i havent met yet. you all who meet me will see that i am actually a normal and good person.

thanks for the invite

Grimmy
08-21-2003, 05:12 AM
Originally posted by ME BIGGD01@Aug 20 2003, 11:09 PM
well i hope this is a go and will hope to meet those i havent met yet. you all who meet me will see that i am actually a normal and good person.

thanks for the invite
NO WAY&#33; If you are just like you are online, well I might have to give ya an UBER noogie to break out the GM forum cracker Bigg :D

I can&#39;t wait&#33; Durn Lev, you got me all excited and happy again, just like I was before the Outlaws LAN. Who&#39;s keeping track of the days? How many left? :w00t:

I look very forward to meeting everyone that can attend, meet new people, put names with the avatars and faces to go with them, and to meet those Outlaws again, that can attend.

Oh, one ritiual I think we should have, a creaking cooler, where the lid creaks like in a scary movie everytime you open it.

Inside joke :rofl:

SASQUATCH
08-21-2003, 05:51 AM
Well there is a very good chance that I will be able to make it and I truly would love to meet you guys finally.
I have missed all the Lan parties and this is one that I would not want to miss.

Now the good thing about it is that I can go on the plane with Bigg&#39;s and enjoy the company while we prepare to meet you guys.

Me and Bigg&#39;s will be making plans in how to get there and he lives only about 20 mins away from me, so that will make it easy.

If this should workout for me, then I will be going with Bigg&#39;s and returning back with him as well.

Money has been an issue for me lately or all my life :rofl: because now I am planning to get a new system and may go for the 64 bit that runs also 32 bit apps system. If all goes well I will come for sure but would like to know how much money I will need to bring and to find a hotel because I am one not to stay at other peoples house. I am a very private person and like the idea of just having my own space with respect to all.

This is one Lan Party that I do not want to miss and will make the effort to be there and join you guys for a frag match and fun.

I don&#39;t drink and yes I am a strange man and you see what I mean when I play the games. I am always laughing and talking to myself while playing especially when I get blowed apart by Machine in the air. :blink: :rofl:

I think this is a wonderful idea and also the sponsors that Sal mention will be a good thing for GM.
This is going to be very interesting to meet you guys and to see you all and it will be my pleasure to meet you all.

I am pretty excited by this and look forward to making arrangements in how to get there, and the cost and how I will be able to organize.

I should have an answer in a couple of days and there really is a good chance that I can make it this time.

I look forward to this and meeting you all.

MR. SLiK
08-21-2003, 06:50 AM
hmm, the only way i might even be able to get there is if: 1. I go to michigan to visit my aunt living there with my mom (thanksgiving weekend or something) 2. Someone supplies me with a computer to use (a good one damnit :)) 3. I convince my mom to let me go to a lan party with people i know from the internet :P

ME BIGGD01
08-21-2003, 06:58 AM
i always wondered what parents would say when there kids ask if they can goto a lan party with people they really never met before. all i can suggest is lie :P

i will be able to provide a total of 4 computers and should all be athlon xp 2600&#39;s or higher. as for monitors, i may have a problem but if they are cheap enough we can pick up a few down there so we don&#39;t have to lug them around. dl could keep them there for future parties.

SASQUATCH
08-21-2003, 07:23 AM
I would rather rent a systems out there if that is possible.

It would be to much trouble to pack things up and to send it over.

What do you guys think about just renting a few systems?

Grimmy
08-21-2003, 07:24 AM
Sas, stop you are starting to scare me dude :unsure: :rofl:

All I can say is this is going to be SAAAWEEEEEEEEEEEEET&#33;&#33;&#33; :D

Sas you have me curious as to how you play now. Do you laugh at people till they die or something?? :lol:

SASQUATCH
08-21-2003, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by Grimmy@Aug 21 2003, 02:24 AM
Sas, stop you are starting to scare me dude :unsure: :rofl:

All I can say is this is going to be SAAAWEEEEEEEEEEEEET&#33;&#33;&#33; :D

Sas you have me curious as to how you play now. Do you laugh at people till they die or something?? :lol:
:rofl:

No I laugh when I get shotdown in such a funny way or unexpected.

Bigg&#39;s can tell you how I am when I watch the games as an observer or play.

Win or lose, most of the time I am always laughing out loud and would say great shot to myself when shotdown,
especially by Machine. He always catches me in the air like a birdy and The Machine gots excellent aim.

SAS

Pure_Evil
08-21-2003, 09:20 AM
1st, thanks for the invite :thumbs:

Seconda, only "bad" time for me is Nov. 10-15, but I may work something out if those dates are involved :devil:

Third, if there is any room, {DS} has quite a few players in the Michagan area, Dissectional, PimpDaddy, Unforgiven, (Spawn too young, IMO) and )CF(Thundarr. But I think Dissectional would love the chance to meet all of you.

Sepra
08-21-2003, 12:19 PM
W00t&#33;&#33; Another lan party&#33; :jammin:

Hi Everyone&#33;

Well, these are the days that arent good for me. All three of my kids have thier birthday at the beginning of October so I&#39;m planning on doing the big birthday bash on October 11. Planning anything else around that date is out for me.

I&#39;d hate to miss trick-or-treating too on the 31st but my inlaws can take them if the party ends up falling on that weekend. :huh:

I have reserved tickets for an event on November 7th and that would interrupt that whole weekend :dry: If the party falls on this date *sigh*........I will see if I can sell my ticket. I&#39;d rather go to Michigan ;)

Now to see if Jag can get the time off of work (that&#39;s the issue) :thumbs:

Thanx people for the suggestion and Lev for the invite :w00t:

08-21-2003, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by ME BIGGD01@Aug 21 2003, 02:58 AM
i always wondered what parents would say when there kids ask if they can goto a lan party with people they really never met before. all i can suggest is lie :P

i will be able to provide a total of 4 computers and should all be athlon xp 2600&#39;s or higher. as for monitors, i may have a problem but if they are cheap enough we can pick up a few down there so we don&#39;t have to lug them around. dl could keep them there for future parties.
I can grab a few computers and monitors from my company. They are all 17" and P4 2 g.

08-21-2003, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by Pure_Evil@Aug 21 2003, 05:20 AM
1st, thanks for the invite :thumbs:

Seconda, only "bad" time for me is Nov. 10-15, but I may work something out if those dates are involved :devil:

Third, if there is any room, {DS} has quite a few players in the Michagan area, Dissectional, PimpDaddy, Unforgiven, (Spawn too young, IMO) and )CF(Thundarr. But I think Dissectional would love the chance to meet all of you.
I was thiniking about Dissectional also. After I get a total head count we can start discussing others. I still have a few other invites to go out.

Pure_Evil
08-21-2003, 01:03 PM
Thanks :thumbs: Diss is in Japan for a few weeks, so if you ask, don&#39;t expect a speedy reply ;)

OUTLAWS Ada
08-21-2003, 09:20 PM
PLease do the webcam thingy - so we can be involved again - it was great to be inlucded like this last time&#33; :thumbs:

OUTLAWS DirtGod
08-22-2003, 03:45 AM
Originally posted by :: DARK LEVIATHAN ::+Aug 20 2003, 05:26 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (:: DARK LEVIATHAN :: @ Aug 20 2003, 05:26 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--OUTLAWS DirtGod@Aug 20 2003, 06:25 PM
Sound good....ill be there if the weeks run right........... :thumbs:&nbsp; and i still have a job&nbsp; :WTF:
CONVINCE HAMMER TO COME&#33; [/b][/quote]
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Good one he dosent play games anymore......and his wife would never go for it

Pure_Evil
08-22-2003, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by ME BIGGD01@Aug 21 2003, 02:58 AM

Ha ha&#33; I just want to remind you of how cool it was that Chaotic&#39;s dad drove him to LaSH&#39;s lan and even though he isn&#39;t a gamer, he hung out with us and encouraged his son. It was refreshing as hell&#33; So you never know how parents will respond.

Also, once again, your generosity to Chao was :thumbs: :thumbs:

ME BIGGD01
08-22-2003, 07:56 PM
i agree pure, he was a real cool guy. it was nice to meet him as well. i am still waiting for those guys to call me the next time they come to ny.

LaSH
08-25-2003, 09:07 PM
Well it is still up in the air for me. I would suggest Goober Dark Lev since he didnt realy get to play at my LAN. With his dad being sick and all. But me and him could plan together and make it easer for us both.

SALvation
08-26-2003, 04:05 AM
I think we can start to narrow down weeks.

- Oct 25th is bad for me because it is the greatest day in the history of time
- Nov 1st is bad because Halloween
- Nov 15th weekend is out because me and Lev will be in Vegas for Comdex
- Nov 22nd weekend is out because me and Lev will be recovering from Vegas
- Nov 29th weekend is out because its thanksgiving
- After that gets cold and snowy here

So we are left with mid-October or early December

Grimmy
08-26-2003, 05:25 AM
Think October would be better. I&#39;d hate to have people drive in snow and bad weather and the chance of an accident for something of that nature. There, from what I have read, are going to be people that are traveling quite a distance for this event, and well in the snow, sleet, and all that other crap that we all know the north gets around that time, and I WILL NOT read any obituaries because the weather was bad. I have heard stories about some of dem crazy MI drivers in winter :blink:

I just think it would be better for everyone that is driving. Bad enough it is many hours away, and don&#39;t need bad weather in Dec. to factor into that.

Never know, I might be able to bring what was named by many Outlaws, and Lev of course, as the GM LAN cruiser or something. Lev you got a 30 Amp plug in that I can plug into, and prefer level cement too. Don&#39;t worry about grass, I have fake grass carpet that I can lay out :rofl: Maybe I could get it detailed or something before going, and little advertisment for GM, as long as GM could help pay for it :shifty:

I know there were a lot of people saying stuff about October. Maybe we need to find a weekend that would work best for everyone in Oct. I just don&#39;t want to have to drive for 10+ hours in bad weather, not having any sleep due to leaving right after work the night before, play a factor in me and others getting there safely. :)

Oh, here is the GM LAN Cruiser for those of you that don&#39;t know what I am talking about :D

SASQUATCH
08-26-2003, 05:34 AM
I will be going to Colorado in November and will be meeting family members and skiing. I been wanting to do this for sometime and I may not go to the Lan party. I also have about 4 projects to do for the fall and winter and it will last for sometime. Holidays are right around corner and we are doing something special for my Grandmothers birthday for a whole week in October and November will be thanksgiving and will have 4 birthdays in that month and one of them is my sisiter which I will be going upstate New York for the weekend. December is probably the best time I maybe able to make it but it will have to be the beginning of December or the middle of December, not sure but I understand it is cool up there and that may have me decide differently but it will depend on BIGG&#39;s if he can make it around that time and if not then I will not go and will try another time for the next Lan Party.

Sorry guys. . . .

SAS

Pure_Evil
08-26-2003, 08:38 AM
October 1st :thumbs: :jammin: :wootrock: or any other time in October works.

08-26-2003, 01:16 PM
October sounds like a perfect month to hold the party. The weather is nice still and October is only a month or so away. Is October a good month then? I will start a poll in a new thread.

Pathos
08-27-2003, 04:46 AM
Originally posted by SASQUATCH@Aug 21 2003, 03:51 PM
I don&#39;t drink and yes I am a strange man and you see what I mean when I play the games. I am always laughing and talking to myself while playing especially when I get blowed apart by Machine in the air.* :blink:* :rofl:

I&#39;m with you, Sassles&#33; The best fun to be had in a LAN is letting someone else at the controls, sitting back and simply playing commentator-with-a-twist on frags as they transpire&#33; [chuckle] No better way to spend one&#39;s time, drive the gang ker-azy, and basically get one ostracised from any and all friendships and future events&#33; [chokes down embittered lump in throat]

One day we will hang at a LAN, not drinking, not playing, pointing obscurely, dabbling in the occasional wedgie and generally laughing at all and sundry. It&#39;ll be a scream until they decide to beat the crap out of us. At which point we will simply cry like little women and force them to drive us home&#33; Muahaha - VICTORY&#33; [thumbs up]

SASQUATCH
08-27-2003, 06:25 AM
Originally posted by Pathos+Aug 26 2003, 11:46 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Pathos @ Aug 26 2003, 11:46 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--SASQUATCH@Aug 21 2003, 03:51 PM
I don&#39;t drink and yes I am a strange man and you see what I mean when I play the games. I am always laughing and talking to myself while playing especially when I get blowed apart by Machine in the air.* :blink:* :rofl:

I&#39;m with you, Sassles&#33; The best fun to be had in a LAN is letting someone else at the controls, sitting back and simply playing commentator-with-a-twist on frags as they transpire&#33; [chuckle] No better way to spend one&#39;s time, drive the gang ker-azy, and basically get one ostracised from any and all friendships and future events&#33; [chokes down embittered lump in throat]

One day we will hang at a LAN, not drinking, not playing, pointing obscurely, dabbling in the occasional wedgie and generally laughing at all and sundry. It&#39;ll be a scream until they decide to beat the crap out of us. At which point we will simply cry like little women and force them to drive us home&#33; Muahaha - VICTORY&#33; [thumbs up] [/b][/quote]
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :lol:

Good to hear you Pathos and it was funny as hell man too. :rofl: