PDA

View Full Version : GummiBear UT movies

Smooth[GummiBear]
09-02-2003, 04:56 PM
I just realized that many of you probably havn't seen the Gummi UT video's. :blink:

These aren't small, so God help you if you are downloading via 56k. :unsure:

First up is Gold's first video. This was a video that still to this day gets played at LanWar and AsylumLAN even tho its a year and a half old. The story goes that this CS player named Bishop was talking trash (he's a young kid who likes attention) He told Gold he could beat him 1v1 on Facing Worlds (the Gummis home map for UT CTF). Gold took him up on the offer, pummled him, and the resulting video followed.

http://www.xtremeservers.org/~enigma/Lanwa...ld1v1bishop.zip (http://www.xtremeservers.org/~enigma/Lanwar/gold1v1bishop.zip)

The next video is Yellow's. This has a lot of footage from MillionManLan. SOmething to look for.. in some of the scenes you will notice a guy just running in a straight line shooting aimlessly. OBviously not knowing how to play. This was actually the owner of LanWar. He wanted to play a game where basically it was the Gummis vs everyone else.. and he wanted to play on our team. So if you see Burden[GummiBear].. thats him.

He actually ends up capturing the flag a couple times and we ended up winning 24-0 with 7 GB's vs 15 other players. :D I sure do miss those CTF days sometimes ;)

http://www.xtremeservers.org/~enigma/Lanwa...WarMMLFinal.zip (http://www.xtremeservers.org/~enigma/Lanwar/YellowsLanWarMMLFinal.zip)

The next one is Zero's. We now get into UT2K3. Zero will be the first to tell you that he wanted to "complete" some things in the video. He wanted to get it done by MML2, and it really turned out nice. Rockin music, and some nice kills on all the Gummis.

http://www.xtremeservers.org/~enigma/Lanwa...r/ZeroUT2k3.zip (http://www.xtremeservers.org/~enigma/Lanwar/ZeroUT2k3.zip)

Next is Gold's second video. It takes place at AsylumLAN 9 against Darth|UA|. He won every single UT-DM tournament that we had. I never saw him lose. He challenged Gold to play 1v1 and Gold told him as long as it was UT CTF on Face (like the Bishop video). Awesome vid.

http://www.xtremeservers.org/~enigma/Lanwa...GOLDvsDARTH.zip (http://www.xtremeservers.org/~enigma/Lanwar/GOLDvsDARTH.zip)

Last Ill put mine cuz Im the one posting. :P This was my first attempt at making a UT video. Lots of DM/BR/CTF shots in this video. Im happy with the work that I put into this video and how it turned out. I learned a lot of awesome software and can't wait for the next video.

http://www.xtremeservers.org/~enigma/Lanwa...hUT2K3_XVID.zip (http://www.xtremeservers.org/~enigma/Lanwar/SmoothUT2K3_XVID.zip)

All but the Bishop video use the XviD codec. Bishop used DivX. If you do not have the XviD codec, it is included with my movie in the zip file. I, and Im sure the rest of the guys, would love to know what you all think.

Gummis.. feel free to post any additional info about the movies that you would like that I may have left out.

Enjoy fellas!!! :thumbs:

Pure_Evil
09-02-2003, 04:59 PM
man, I was wondering when those were going to be released! :w00t:

Thanks Smooth! :thumbs: :wootrock:

JIMINATOR
09-02-2003, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by Smooth[GummiBear]@Sep 2 2003, 12:56 PM
....in some of the scenes you will notice a guy just running in a straight line shooting aimlessly. OBviously not knowing how to play....
phew, for a moment there I thought you were talking about me....
thanks for the videos guy, look forward to seeing them tonight! :jammin:

EXEcution
09-02-2003, 05:26 PM
:thumbs: Downloading now!

Yellow[GummiBear]
09-02-2003, 05:29 PM
well Smooth, I'd say you covered everything very nicely... Hope ya'll enjoy them and look forward to our next installment from GB Productions Inc. :P

Smooth[GummiBear]
09-02-2003, 06:22 PM
hahah Pure! :lol:

Yeah.. they have been done since late June. I just didn't have a good spot to host them. THose are some large files and a guy from LanWar volunteered to take the bandwidth hit.

:thumbs:

Pure_Evil
09-03-2003, 12:29 AM
OK, I'm a moron, can you bust out the crayons and draw me a picture on how to view it, because I didn't see any add on files and media player wont play it. :WTF:

Smooth[GummiBear]
09-03-2003, 03:27 AM
ok.. I THOUGHT my zip file came with an XVid install file.. but if it didn't, then install this. Then watch the movies. If it STILL doesn't work.. hmm.. I dunno.

http://smooth.gummiclan.com/XviD-04102002-1.exe

JIMINATOR
09-03-2003, 03:31 AM
hmmm, i hope that this helps with the pron flicks i have not been able to watch.... :hmmm:

Pure_Evil
09-03-2003, 03:42 AM
Originally posted by Smooth[GummiBear]@Sep 2 2003, 11:27 PM
ok.. I THOUGHT my zip file came with an XVid install file.. but if it didn't, then install this. Then watch the movies. If it STILL doesn't work.. hmm.. I dunno.

http://smooth.gummiclan.com/XviD-04102002-1.exe
Smooth, those movies ROCK!!!! :jammin: :wootrock: :jammin: :wootrock:

Thanks for the DL, that did the trick.

EXEcution
09-03-2003, 03:51 AM
Works fine here!
I use WinRAR for extraction, and play it with RealVideo!

JIMINATOR
09-03-2003, 04:10 AM
wow, i just finished watching all of them, and all i have to say is wow,

i am afraid

very afraid....

great videos :jammin: :jammin: :jammin:

expecially the first one where gold outran the redeemer!!!

wow! damn you guys are good.

Pure_Evil
09-03-2003, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by JIMINATOR@Sep 3 2003, 12:10 AM

i am afraid

very afraid....

Wait until you face them :blink: verry humbling experience :unsure:

Watched Gold vs Darth for breakfast!!! :jammin: :jammin: :jammin: :jammin:

You guys F-N kill me!!!!!

|SCK|Sephiroth
09-03-2003, 12:31 PM
:lol: these are great. I like the first video the most, I was laughing almost the whole time.

MarX
09-03-2003, 06:27 PM
What's cool? oh yeah...d/ling at 2-3 meg/s

Smooth[GummiBear]
09-03-2003, 08:44 PM
Thanks guys! :D

Yeha.. like I said.. the GoldvBishop video gets played at every LAN I go to. It really did become a classic.

No offense to any of the guys that were in my movie. :) No hard feelings :P

Pure_Evil
09-03-2003, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by Smooth[GummiBear]@Sep 3 2003, 04:44 PM
No offense to any of the guys that were in my movie. :) No hard feelings :P
No offense taken :rofl: :w00t: :rofl:

But watch your ass next game :devil: :rofl:

unforgiven
09-06-2003, 06:41 PM
I just watched the first movie omg. that is awsome. i never played ut original. it almost looks funner. quicker movements :thumbs:

Smooth[GummiBear]
09-06-2003, 09:34 PM
actually.. UT2K3 is much faster.. what makes it look faster is the fact that we played at 130 GameSpeed in original UT. but 100 to 100.. UT2K3 is faster.. especially with all the various jumps.

unforgiven
09-06-2003, 10:32 PM
oh lol :wootrock:

Pure_Evil
09-07-2003, 02:45 AM
The original UT is awesome in it's self because there were so many things you could customise so easilly, voice pacs for instance, I had Happy Gilmor voice and on VSK servers it worked, Nothing like throwing out taunts like "Your Gonna Die Clown" or " The Price is Wrong Bitch" after you frag some fool!

Bedroom maps :jammin:
Living room maps :jammin:

So much fun!

No dodge jumping so old peeps like me could kick ass!

Been thining about going back for a while with Raptor just for laughs :devil: :rofl: :w00t: :devil: :w00t: :rofl:

Yellow[GummiBear]
09-07-2003, 02:55 PM
yeah in original UT 100 game speed feels like you're moving thru thick slime or something. 130 gamespeed is actually a little more comparable to 2k3

Zero[GummiBear]
09-09-2003, 04:34 PM
My movie will get updated soon, I hope. I need to put in some better screenshots during my bio instead of just using placeholder images. Need to re-do the credits at the end, too.

Zero[GummiBear]

Sirc
10-14-2003, 07:38 PM
Sorry, old thread. But I missed it the 1st time around and Plutoxin_7 was kind enough to link me here. Outstanding movies guys! Amazing gameplay! Da Gummis rock! :wootrock:

Pure_Evil
10-14-2003, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by Sirc@Oct 14 2003, 03:38 PM
Sorry, old thread. But I missed it the 1st time around and Plutoxin_7 was kind enough to link me here. Outstanding movies guys! Amazing gameplay! Da Gummis rock! :wootrock:
That's OK Sirc, I'm a huge fan of the Gummi's and they deserve the Kudos :thumbs:

Sirc
10-14-2003, 07:59 PM
Got any idea what software they used to capture the gameplay with? FRAPS maybe?

SL802404
10-14-2003, 08:01 PM
probably fraps..but you record it to a demo first then pick out the good stuff. fraps files are friggin huge so you need room on your computer and you need to select only the good stuff. Eventually you need other stuff to make it smaller size and editing stuff.

Twin])I2agon
10-14-2003, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by Sirc@Oct 14 2003, 07:59 PM
Got any idea what software they used to capture the gameplay with?  FRAPS maybe?

Well now u can use Fraps 2 .... think it wasnt available when they made their movies :)

I made one as well .... it aint long ... like 2 mins :rolleyes: but maybe ill continue. I used Fraps 2, Adobe premiere 7 and of course Divx 5 for compression
( + some other lil video/audio tools )

Yellow[GummiBear]
10-14-2003, 09:19 PM
yep you got it... we used Fraps... I think 1.7 or whatever the newest one prior to 2 was. Then there was a combination of using After Effects by Gold and Smooth for some things along with Premiere which we all used as the main compiler of the movie. Virtualdub was also used once the movie was made to compress all the audio and decrease the file size by a substantial amount.

If anyone needs any tips/pointers/etc feel free to hit one of us up with a PM or even start a thread.

Thanks again for the compliments!!

Sirc
10-14-2003, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by Yellow[GummiBear]@Oct 14 2003, 05:19 PM
yep you got it... we used Fraps... I think 1.7 or whatever the newest one prior to 2 was. Then there was a combination of using After Effects by Gold and Smooth for some things along with Premiere which we all used as the main compiler of the movie. Virtualdub was also used once the movie was made to compress all the audio and decrease the file size by a substantial amount.

If anyone needs any tips/pointers/etc feel free to hit one of us up with a PM or even start a thread.

Thanks again for the compliments!!
I'm going to try something like that with SS. I'm sure I will be taking you up on your offer of tips/pointers/etc. Thanks Yellow! :thumbs:

Sirc
10-14-2003, 10:03 PM
Zero[GummiBear] lives about 30 minutes south of me. :cool:

Red[GummiBear]
10-15-2003, 12:36 AM
not 100% sure but i think most of the gummis that have done vids will tell you to use xvid rather than divx for compression/codec ****...but i could just be too schnockered now to know for sure

Smooth[GummiBear]
10-17-2003, 06:48 PM
Gold did his first video with Divx.. so that's what I tried first. I had REALLLLY poor results, so I tried XVid and it came out a lot better.

Id say go with Divx only cuz it seems to be a LOT more popular.. people will probably already have it and be able to play your video. However.. if it dosn't work.. definetly go with Xvid.

You might also try Xvid anyways just to see how it compares.

Mr Clean
10-17-2003, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by Sirc@Oct 14 2003, 04:03 PM
Zero[GummiBear] lives about 30 minutes south of me. :cool:
Hey Zero, I know a good real estate agent in Ohio :P

Pure_Evil
10-17-2003, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by Mr Clean+Oct 17 2003, 03:03 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mr Clean @ Oct 17 2003, 03:03 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Sirc@Oct 14 2003, 04:03 PM
Zero[GummiBear] lives about 30 minutes south of me.&nbsp; :cool:
Hey Zero, I know a good real estate agent in Ohio :P [/b][/quote]
:w00t: :rofl: :w00t: :rofl: :w00t: :rofl: :w00t:

Yellow[GummiBear]
10-17-2003, 08:01 PM
whatever codec you do decide to use, it&#39;s not always a bad idea to include the install file for it in the zip file with your movie... just to be sure

Smooth[GummiBear]
10-17-2003, 08:42 PM
wow&#33; :w00t: Mr. Clean said something..... like.... other than " GG :thumbs: "

Mr Clean
10-17-2003, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by Smooth[GummiBear]@Oct 17 2003, 02:42 PM
wow&#33; :w00t: Mr. Clean said something..... like.... other than " GG :thumbs: "
The GG posts are my warmups...... :P

JIMINATOR
12-07-2003, 07:52 AM
hmmm, someone should pin this so I don&#39;t have to look for it.... :P

Pure_Evil
12-07-2003, 12:44 PM
the links don&#39;t work anymore :bandhead:

Plutoxin_7
12-10-2003, 08:05 AM
Awww man&#33;I just sent my friend a link to this thread last week so he could DL the vids.I wonder if he got them?