PDA

View Full Version : I tried to create a new sig

Phobos
09-02-2003, 06:19 PM
:oooo: it was fun but

I donīt know how can I delete the background for example from my avatare with photo shop :bawling:

I used the rubber :bandhead:

Sepra
09-02-2003, 06:32 PM
:wootrock:

JIMINATOR
09-02-2003, 06:37 PM
well, ps has a feature called layers. you need to be able to work with layers,
and put everything different into a different layer
the botton layer will be your background
you can clone the layer and remove the background and extra stuff from each
the eye to the left of the layer indicates if it will show up
the selected layer is the one you are currently editing
you save your file as a psd, that way you can easily change it,
and also save it as a jpg for display here
you may want to start from scratch if splitting up your current image is too complex
you can copy a layer in layer mode with ctrl-a ctrl-insert then shift insert (there may be a menu for that also)
to let the previous layers show through you use the eraser to remove parts you don't want
you can drag layers to be higher or lower in the list
you can add shadows and 3datize the stuff in a layer, that is how i did my text and the game symbols.
when erasing, to not screw things up, you can select a rectangle in just the area to erase
you can also select multiple things by holding shift and clicking with the wand
there is a menu option to inverse a selection when it is easier to select the stuff you don't want and then flip the selection
use alt+ to enlarge the image for easier editing, alt- to shrink (or maybe ctrl also?)

that is your 15 minute photoshop nutshell, good luck, you should now be able to become a million dollar artist! :jammin:

Aries
09-03-2003, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by Phobos@Sep 2 2003, 06:19 PM

I donīt know how can I delete the background for example from my avatare with photo shop  :bawling:

I used the rubber  :bandhead:
It's always safe to use a rubber :angel: :oooo:

nice sig :thumbs:

Pure_Evil
09-03-2003, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by Aries+Sep 3 2003, 06:08 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Aries @ Sep 3 2003, 06:08 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Phobos@Sep 2 2003, 06:19 PM

I donīt know how can I delete the background for example from my avatare with photo shop* :bawling:

I used the rubber* :bandhead:
It&#39;s always safe to use a rubber :angel: :oooo:

nice sig :thumbs: [/b][/quote]
Remember, put it on before you put it in :w00t:

Nice sig Phobos&#33; :thumbs:

Phobos
09-03-2003, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by JIMINATOR@Sep 2 2003, 06:37 PM
well, ps has a feature called layers. you need to be able to work with layers,
and put everything different into a different layer
the botton layer will be your background
you can clone the layer and remove the background and extra stuff from each
the eye to the left of the layer indicates if it will show up
the selected layer is the one you are currently editing
you save your file as a psd, that way you can easily change it,
and also save it as a jpg for display here
you may want to start from scratch if splitting up your current image is too complex
you can copy a layer in layer mode with ctrl-a ctrl-insert then shift insert (there may be a menu for that also)
to let the previous layers show through you use the eraser to remove parts you don&#39;t want
you can drag layers to be higher or lower in the list
you can add shadows and 3datize the stuff in a layer, that is how i did my text and the game symbols.
when erasing, to not screw things up, you can select a rectangle in just the area to erase
you can also select multiple things by holding shift and clicking with the wand
there is a menu option to inverse a selection when it is easier to select the stuff you don&#39;t want and then flip the selection
use alt+ to enlarge the image for easier editing, alt- to shrink (or maybe ctrl also?)

that is your 15 minute photoshop nutshell, good luck, you should now be able to become a million dollar artist&#33; :jammin:
thx Jiminator I will try it out if I have time

because I began with work :bawling:

I only have time on weekends but I have to meet friends and I have to play football at sunday morning
and playing sam at sunday :P

and during the week I have soccer training at monday, wednesday, friday,

the three days during the week are tuesday, thursday and saturday :bawling:

<<Hybrid>>
09-04-2003, 09:20 PM
i am using a besier curve tool in photoimpact. Its easiest and safiest to cut the background off, i dont preferr photoshop, becouse i am a |_00&#036;er with it :lol:

BWT cool sig Phoby and i like the bckgrnd, where did you got it?