PDA

View Full Version : DS Server

Die Hard
09-02-2003, 11:59 PM
Just wanted to say thanks to DS, LaSH
and Goober for providing another Sam server.

Power to DS :jammin:

LaSH
09-03-2003, 12:20 AM
Your welcomed Die Hard. But you can leave the DOA out next time.

Die Hard
09-03-2003, 12:29 AM
oops, it's late here, i'm not functioning properly :blink:

I put it right now :rolleyes:

LaSH
09-03-2003, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by Die Hard@Sep 3 2003, 12:29 AM
oops, it's late here, i'm not functioning properly :blink:

I put it right now :rolleyes:
LOL,No prob dude. Glad you liked it. We will be working the kinks out more tommorow. Once we figger out how :P LOL.

SASQUATCH
09-03-2003, 01:13 AM

Pure_Evil
09-03-2003, 01:49 AM
Actually it's a OC-48 connection. Fat pipe straight to the internet. Just like the {DS} UT servers :jammin:

Server specs are:
Internet Provider: InterNAP
Connection: 200 Megabits per second
LineSpeed: 4 x OC48, 3 x OC12, 2 x OC3
ISP Uplink: Cable & Wireless, Qwest, Verizon, Verio, Genuity, AOL, UUNET/MCI and Sprint

SASQUATCH
09-03-2003, 01:57 AM
Originally posted by Pure_Evil@Sep 2 2003, 08:49 PM
Actually it's a OC-48 connection. Fat pipe straight to the internet. Just like the {DS} UT servers :jammin:

Server specs are:
Internet Provider: InterNAP
Connection: 200 Megabits per second
LineSpeed: 4 x OC48, 3 x OC12, 2 x OC3
ISP Uplink: Cable & Wireless, Qwest, Verizon, Verio, Genuity, AOL, UUNET/MCI and Sprint
How does it run with 8 people Pure?

Also will you be leaving it at normal difficulty level?

Last question can you send me the link of this place so that I can look it up?

Thx

SAS

Pure_Evil
09-03-2003, 02:10 AM
I have no idea how it runs with 8 people, I have only played with about 6 and it runs nice, but net code dictates it :blink:

The server just went up today and it will take some time for us to set it up where we like it. Right now it's set for however the server company set it at.

Linky for company is more or less link (http://black.ilangame.com/heart.php?setminor=3111)

And I have nothing to do with running it, for the moment, Goober and LaSH run it, it's their server.

Ask any questions ;) But I think I'm out of answers, SSSE isn't my game, I just feed you guys some kills :w00t: Think I'll use {DS}Chum for a SSSE name.

SASQUATCH
09-03-2003, 02:27 AM
Thx Pure for the infor. :thumbs:

BTW you don't play bad at all for someone who doesn't play much and you do have the skills to be a very good player.

I know because I have played this game a lot and have trained and know everything from scripts to console commands.

I will give you some advise pure when playing SS2.

If your fps is lower then 45 while you are at a battle get out while you can and fight in a location where your fps is above 50 to 60.
Also, which many don't do, that is collect armor and health at all times and make sure you get at least 100 of each.

Use this code and put it at the Game_startup.ini script file and it will display your fps.

hud_istats=1; (for fps only) Make sure it's in this way with a semi colon and you do not need a /. (slash)

Keep playing the game when you have the chance and try to use shotgun more often especially at close range.
Rocket's can work against you if you should kill yourself because you not only gain a a point for dieing but you lose a point as well.

Many people are now using rockets and some know how to use it but some are just spammers and it will not develop your skills.
Use rockets when needed as will as the other weapons.

Good luck Pure and I know if you keep playing this game, you will be a very good player and I also believe Dissectional can be as well.

SAS ;)

Pure_Evil
09-03-2003, 02:37 AM
Thanks for the tips Sas :thumbs:

I still try to use what you tought me.

Primary weapons are Shotty and Knife, then Rockets.

For LT, mostly just those 3.

Yodel, Laser, shotty then is forcced to, mini gun, and rockets. (still working on roof jumps)

Hole, Rockets and shotty in that order.

I will have more time I hope in December to play both games and a little Q3, I'm playing Sam now so I don't get disgraced in the GM tourney. But still play more UT 2k3 than Sam.

SASQUATCH
09-03-2003, 02:50 AM
:thumbs:

I will be joining to play UT very soon Pure and I am looking forward to it.

I just PMed you ok. . . . . :thumbs:

Have a good night. :wave:

SAS ;)

ME BIGGD01
09-03-2003, 06:07 AM
server kicks arse and have very good ping.

is it going to remain on easy setting or will you guys change to hard setting?

thanks for the server and i should leave blood stains around with such a good ping.

LaSH
09-03-2003, 08:42 AM
It willl be set to HARD and frags set to 33. It is a rented server as Pure mentioned. We have had 8 players in it and it done just great. With the exsepcion of one account it lag alot,i beliave a player broung it down. But be pationt and let us get use to the settings and the program. Glad you all like it so far.