PDA

View Full Version : RAID Question

Yellow[GummiBear]
10-25-2002, 03:27 PM
I have a question and I'm pretty sure it is due to my raid setup... anyway here's the situation... When my pc is booting up during the BIOS crap my raid is recognized and everything all hunky-dory... BUT when Windows actually boots up it takes forever to recognize my RAID... the reasoning behind why I think it's my raid is as follows:
1. Norton Antivirus is installed on my RAID drives and the little icon in the task bar is marked as DISABLED until point X (I will explain point X in a minute)
2. Windows explorer refuses to show anything further than my C drive and just hangs until point X

point X = when I try to open windows explorer it actually shows all my drives at the exact same time that my virus scanner becomes enabled

what I don't understand though is that I also have Trillian installed on my RAID and that loads at system start up just fine... Basically I just find this whole phenomena very annoying and it often prevents me from restarting my computer unless I ABSOLUTELY have to....

oh one more thing (I mentioned this to Smooth when he was helping me set up my RAID).. in Windows Explorer all my files and folders show up in a black font EXCEPT my RAID drive and the stuff in it... why in the world does this happen?

XP Pro
1900+
Epox 8kh3a+ (something like that) with onboard RAID controller (highpoint)
2 80GB 7200 HDDS in RAID
1 40GB HDD with OS only
512 mb ddr
GeForce ti4400
soundblaster audigy
cdrw
dvd