PDA

View Full Version : Question of the Day

666vicious666
10-26-2002, 06:30 AM
Do you think that the X-Box will be dead by next Christmas?

Grimmy
10-26-2002, 06:59 AM
yes/no sony made the best thing of being able to play platstation 1 games on ps2!

Rock on Sony!!! :rock:

Dark Reign
10-26-2002, 02:04 PM
No. It will be dead the Christmas after that becuase X-Box Sucks. It will be the Dreamcast of this generation of gaming. And that's the plan..... :wink:

OUTLAWS DirtGod
10-26-2002, 03:58 PM
No i doubt it, x-box Live Will keep it alive when all the new games that support it

MadHatter
10-26-2002, 07:56 PM
it all depends on the developers. if they dont come out with some worth while games then it will die.

Dangerous Dan
10-26-2002, 08:00 PM
did you know that the X-box has outsold the number of gamecube consols? It's unfrortunate but true, gamecube is nintendo's last system :(

Rivers
10-26-2002, 08:20 PM
I didn't think Xbox would last this long so maybe. I heard a wild rumor somewhere that sometimes soon Sony was planning on releasing the PS3 to crush the Xbox once and for all but then again it was just a rumor.

OUTLAWS DirtGod
10-26-2002, 08:30 PM
PS3 i hear was to be released in 2005

Rivers
10-26-2002, 08:38 PM
I heard they wanted to release it in 2003. But then again my source was the clerk at Babbages so I dunno. :?

Sean123
10-26-2002, 11:48 PM
Xbox has come out with a VERY GOOD special .. it outdoes ANY and EVERY PS2 and Gamecube special .. It includes two top games free .. Jet Set Radio and Sega GT .. and a $50.00 mail in rebate and a $30.00 mail in rebate for the DVD Remote ...

One thing I would like Microsoft to do is buy out RockStar .. even though the company sucks and only makes 1 game that is pretty good . .they should buy them out .. then PS2 will have NOTHING ... that surely will decline PS2 sales and PS3 sales by a shitload .. hehe .. :twisted: ...

Microsoft is also planning on buying Capcom a very well known company .. That will also make it hard for PS2 .. hehe .. :twisted: :P

Gun Element
10-27-2002, 04:28 AM
X box is falling but its not going to "die" But Im glad that it was a disappointment that it sucks so much. :D

Dangerous Dan
10-27-2002, 05:21 AM
microsoft can't buy capcom because capcom makes resident evil, and capcom signed an agreement to make all resident evil games exclusive to gamecube.

Norcon
10-27-2002, 05:56 AM
[quote:186bd1e34d="Dangerous Dan"]did you know that the X-box has outsold the number of gamecube consols? It's unfrortunate but true, gamecube is nintendo's last system :([/quote:186bd1e34d]

in a way thats good because nintendo will goto sony and both will kick x-boxs ass

w00t :D

Dangerous Dan
10-27-2002, 05:57 AM
but the PS controler sux! :P

Norcon
10-27-2002, 05:57 AM
[quote:c81dfe84f3="Dangerous Dan"]microsoft can't buy capcom because capcom makes resident evil, and capcom signed an agreement to make all resident evil games exclusive to gamecube.[/quote:c81dfe84f3]

is this the future games because the origianly came out for ps1...

Norcon
10-27-2002, 05:58 AM
[quote:93a1caf294="Dangerous Dan"]but the PS controler sux! :P[/quote:93a1caf294]'

you suck

MR. SLiK
10-27-2002, 06:42 AM
[quote:c8255d32bc="Sean123"]Xbox has come out with a VERY GOOD special .. it outdoes ANY and EVERY PS2 and Gamecube special .. It includes two top games free .. Jet Set Radio and Sega GT .. and a $50.00 mail in rebate and a $30.00 mail in rebate for the DVD Remote ...

One thing I would like Microsoft to do is buy out RockStar .. even though the company sucks and only makes 1 game that is pretty good . .they should buy them out .. then PS2 will have NOTHING ... that surely will decline PS2 sales and PS3 sales by a **** .. hehe .. :twisted: ...

Microsoft is also planning on buying Capcom a very well known company .. That will also make it hard for PS2 .. hehe .. :twisted: :P[/quote:c8255d32bc]

*sigh* you'd think he actually works for them. Yes this is what we call a monoply.

666vicious666
10-27-2002, 07:02 AM
I belive that the X-Box will be deadder than Kenny G after next X-Mas...

Sean123
10-29-2002, 12:13 AM
Dude you guys are all wrong. Xbox is doing very well and it gets the most support than ps2 and gamecube. Gamecube is the system that is gonig to die. This is their last system .. Xbox is already in the makings of a new system that will be released around the same time as PS3 ...

and it doesnt matter if Capcom signed an agreement with nintendo to make resident evil only for Gamecube ... once they buy them out they can cancel the agreement since Capcom wont own themselves anymore .. but instead Microsoft ...

The funny thing is all Im waiting for is Microsoft to buy out Rockstar . .then the PS2 freaks will have shit .. RockStar is the only thing that made PS2 where it is now . .the system is crap .. its just GTA3 that made it so famous .. if GTA3 was only made for Xbox then Xbox would be the one selling 40 million copies ... Playstation itself sucks and they rip people off with their low end system ..

And Xbox doesnt suck .. thats just your opinion .. My opinion that PS2 sucks is probably greater than yours because I own all three system and I got PS2, Xbox and Gamecube the day they came out .. so I know .. PS2 used to have the shittiest games for about a year until later this year they started coming out with some good games ... This year is the great for Xbox .. because so many great games are coming out for it which will really help out the Xbox ...

Im part of some other forums .. specifically a graphics forum and if you PS2 was the better they would say your an asshole to think that ...

If you want examples of why Xbox is going to do well is because ..

Sega supports them with more exclusives games than any other system ..
Also more companies support Xbox than PS2 and Gamecube .. HUGE games such as Unreal Championship and Counterstrike are only going to be for the Xbox ... Why would you think these companies would only make these massively popular games only for Xbox even though PS2 sells 40 million .. ? it makes you think . .right?

wow that was alot of writing ..

MadHatter
10-29-2002, 07:14 PM
lets get one thing strait microsoft's only motivation to make a console was to break into the home entertainment hardware/software business. their major plan is to turn a console gaming system (x-box) into a home entertainment system that will act as a tivo, console, dvd player, cd player, cable reciever, audio reciever ect ect... sonys main goal with the ps2 is to make a gaming system. the ps3 will be a gaming system that is what it will do. that is what the developers are focusing on.

I have not heard anything about microsoft buying capcom or rockstar. i highly doubt that either company would decide to sell if microsoft wanted to buy. Rockstar makes good games, but it isnt, by far, the only supplier of good games to the ps2. you seem to be forgetting about konami, squaresoft, eidos, blizzard, EA ect ect..

name some great games that are coming out for the x-box... the only one i can think of is project ego (fable). all microsoft is doing is porting old and some new pc games to a console. games that play better on a pc anyway. besides Half-Life came out for ps2, Sierra developed Half-Life, they also now own Counter-Strike.

reguardless of what you think, the amount of games for the ps2 drawfs the amount for x-box. no one is makeing good games for it. the only people who are trying to were paid by microsoft. the majority of publishers and developers chose to use the ps2. thats just the way it is.

OUTLAWS DirtGod
10-29-2002, 07:30 PM
Why are you guys bickering about what is what the x-box and PS2 have there place both have there pluses and minuses but they microsoft did shoot themselves in the foot with such a late release. But they have enough money to weather the storm as all those console manufatures do i doubt any of them fold before next chrismas, just remeber nintendo still has the gameboy franchise and i believe there making some mad bank there.....just my half a cent....

Sean123
10-29-2002, 08:25 PM
Sony is did not make PS2 as a gaming only system. If you want to buy a system that was meant for only games then that would be GameCube .. But Sony is trying to make PS3 a home entertainment iten with internet(browse the web, chat,e-mail) DVD, instant online access, supposedly you download your games,etc. That IMO is not a true gaming system. So what you just said was incorrect.

And its a fact that more companies are devolping games for Xbox than both PS2 and Gamecube ...

The only "real" big company that supports PS2 is EA Games. You cant say Rockstar is big because there only a small company who makes one average game. A company that is big IMO is one that is worth over 2billion USD. So that includes EA, Sega, Microsoft Game Studios, Nintendo and some others.

There have been many articles about Microsoft planning on buying Capcom. Also I didnt say they were or planning on buying Rockstar .. what I said was if they were to buy out Rockstar, which they could do very easily. Trust me .. If Microsoft offered Rockstar a good amount of money they would gladly accept.

I can name alot of good games that are coming out for Xbox or are on Xbox ..

Halo
Halo 2
Unreal Championship
>>>>>>>>>>> DOOM III
Serious Sam
CounterStrike
MechAssault
Ghost Recon
Spplinter Cell
Rainbow Six III
Sega GT
Fable
Moto GP
Project Gotham Racing
Project Gotham Racing 2
True Crimes
Dead to Rights
PSO
Panzer Dragoon
Blinx
Dead or Alive 3
Deathrow
NFL Fever 2002
NFL Fever 2003
NBA2k2 and NBA2k3
NFL2k3 and NFL2k3
NHL 2k2 and NHL2k3
NBA Inside Drive
Kakuto Chojin
Metal Gear Solid 2 : Substance
Star Wars Knights of the old Republic
Brute Force
Dead or Alive Extreme Volleyball
Medal Of Honour
Soldier of Fortune
Jedi Knight II
and a whole lot more ..

Why would you say that Microsoft is paying all the companies to make games for it? Is it because you hate Xbox that much .. Sony paid Rockstar to have GTA PS2 exclusive for 2 years ..

SquareSoft? - uhmm lets see they have made uhmm 1 game for PS2 and uhmm thats Final Fantasy X and thats basically all that company knows how to make ... If they were a really good company they would make all types of games ..
Eidos - They also make games for Xbox, though they do not make Tomb Raider for it .. so who cares ..
Blizzard - thats really sad .. since they hardly make console games anyways ..

..lol..

MadHatter
10-29-2002, 11:29 PM
my point remains... there arnt as many good games for x-box as for ps2.

90% of the games you listed are either coming out on the pc or the ps2/gamecube as well as the x-box.

every new final fantasy game is a new game. its the same genre of game but the story/characters ect ect are all different. thats like saying quake and doom are the same game because they are both made by id and are both fps.

you dont like blizzard or edios, ok replace it with namco or 3do or infogrames or take 2 interactive or fox interactive ....

i dont think i ever said that i hated the x-box. i just prefer the ps2 because of the developer support and the amount of quality games.

TheUltimateWarrior
10-29-2002, 11:46 PM
square soft also made the bouncer for the ps2!!!

a fighting game!
it was a Ok game and i bought it as soon it came out (square soft fan)
but if was disapointing cause i expected ff quality

Sean123
10-29-2002, 11:51 PM
Well thats your opinion if you say there are more better games for the PS2 than Xbox . .and IMO I think Xbox has way better games than the PS2. Plus Xbox is getting about 80% of PS2 games ... Xbox also has more Xbox only games than PS2 ... That doesnt include PC ...

Final Fantasy is close to being an RPG but not quite yet. An RPG is Morrowind for an example .. but anyways IMO final Fantasy games are all the same ... Square has to learn how to make a "different" type of game than always making a sequel to the same game.

I like both edios and blizzard .. my point was Blizzard hasnt made consoles games ever since N64 .. they are though in the making of a new console game ...

Xbox has about 180-200 developers that are making or going to make games for Xbox. I dont think PS2 has that many ... They also have over 60 developers making games for Xbox Live .. which Playstation most likely has under 10 ...

the thing is Microsoft was late in the console making .. they should've started way long ago .. see if it was Xbox that was first out .. IMO it would be the one selling 40 million and PS2 at Xbox's place right now ...

Also when I see people get PS2 .. I see them get it because there friends have it. Thats what it is like in most items. If a friend has something the other friend is going to want it no matter if it sucks or not. PS2 is made up of alot of that IMO ...

Slice
10-30-2002, 12:06 AM
So are you saying I should buy an X-Box? The last console I had was Sega Genesis. So I want to buy a new console but am undecided as to which one. The fact that Serious Sam is coming out for it, is real tempting!

Sean123
10-30-2002, 11:34 AM
No .. Im not forcing anyone to get an Xbox .. I just prefer the Xbox because IMO I think there are much better games and a whole lot more features ... But it is really up to you ...

Unreal Championship cam out yesterday .. hehe . .I got to find some way of getting my mom to buy me it .. hehe

Gun Element
11-07-2002, 12:21 AM
Do u guys know why the prices dropped to 200 all of a sudden? Even at the 200 dollar price the gamecube was in the quickly changed to 150 all becuase Xbox wasnt selling enough.

Phoenix
11-07-2002, 04:34 PM
X-box will die....I have a gut feeling..

Gun Element
11-08-2002, 01:51 AM
Xbox sux. hehehehe

Hobbes
11-08-2002, 02:38 AM
And now watch as I magically summarize all console debates that ever have and ever will be in one amazing .gif!

http://mywebpage.netscape.com/hobbes0008/argument.gif

har har

Snip3r
11-08-2002, 03:11 AM
It sucks how X-Box just buys out company&#39;s because they can...Too bad though...Nintendo and Sony were like the main competetors until X-Box came along and **** on their faces <_< :angry: :( :ph34r:

Gun Element
11-09-2002, 06:01 AM
I hate hte fact that they could make a second x-box whenever they want too.

Rivers
11-19-2002, 04:19 AM
I bought the PS2 when it came out and I like the games for it and variety but it is true that the real good games didn&#39;t start coming out till like a year after its release cause I remember having a PS2 on the launch and using it to play PS games cause I didn&#39;t really like the PS2 games at the time. I bought a Gamecube a few months after its release but I don&#39;t have an X-box cause I don&#39;t have the money. I think I would buy a Gamb Boy Advance first I&#39;ve been wanting one of those for a while. I dunno the PS2 has variety and the Gamecube has Nintendo games but the X-box games don&#39;t seem apealing to me and if their are games apealing to me their also avalible on PS2 or Gamecube as well like Medal of honor or Max Payne. If I had cash I&#39;d buy an X-box just for the fun of it but right now when I&#39;m in a pinch I don&#39;t see myself with one in the future. And it does kinda suck to see Nintendo fading when they&#39;ve made great games and bad ass systems. (aside from virtual boy) That I consider a damn shame. And it does suck having money giant like Microsoft (as if Gate&#39;s didn&#39;t have enough money already) just walking in and taking over something that Nintendo has been doing for years but then again that kinda happend to Sega and they are a great game company. I will say the X-box and Gamecube do have better graphics and are MUCH better made then the PS2. I say if Bill Gate&#39;s is so rich why doesn&#39;t he give us all 5 bucks. :D

Mr Clean
11-19-2002, 09:08 PM
And now watch as I magically summarize all console debates that ever have and ever will be in one amazing .gif&#33;

Your such a pussy&#33; :D You have to the attitude that you are right and they are wrong....