PDA

View Full Version : Mac and web design ??

Pure_Evil
11-04-2003, 05:10 PM
A friend at work is currently creating a web page for our company and is doing it on a mac. I am running Mac OS x 10.1.5 which makes it very difficult to get any new updates to programs I am running. The question is should I just purchase Adobe Golive to make the web page or should I ugrade to Mac OS x 10.2 Jaguar or 10.3 Panther and purchase Microsoft office software for mac that includes front page to create the web page? The price difference is not that great between buying both the new mac OS and microsoft office or going with Adobe Golive. My second question is will the front page for mac do as good of a job as Golive for making the webpage?

Any help for Scott would be apreciated.

Grimmy
11-04-2003, 06:35 PM
get a PC, then get macromedia studio mx! :jammin:

SALvation
11-04-2003, 07:43 PM
I would highly recommend learning HTML code itself instead of buying a web editor like Frontpage. If you know the code, you can just code in notepad or one of the variations out there. If you use a WYSIWYG editor, especially Frontpage, it will slip in all sorts of propietary code behing your design and you will have a HELL of a time figuring out why it looks weird on a PC, much less a mac.

Save yourself the uber headache. Learn the code, develop it in a barebones coding program, and then you can see it as you develop it.

Twin])I2agon
11-04-2003, 08:21 PM
Agree :)

Pure_Evil
11-04-2003, 08:32 PM
:thumbs: Will pass the info over to Scott.