Asian Invasian
01-05-2004, 05:15 AM
lol so there is only 1 true # 1 right i wanted OU to win

Asian Invasian
01-05-2004, 05:15 AM
but not that bad so..... it didnt make a big difference to me

FUS1ON
01-05-2004, 06:20 AM
Your new BCS National Champions of College Football are the ...
:wootrock: Fighting Tigers of LSU #1 :wootrock:

PimpDaddy
01-05-2004, 12:24 PM
...had 1st place in my college bowl football pool until the last 4 or 5 games, but LSU allowed me to slip into 3rd place ($50.oo) :WTF:

Death-Dude
01-05-2004, 11:04 PM
It was a wild game, and despite how bad OU looked at times, and the incredible amount of penalties, the Sooners were just one score away, late. LSU played a fine season, as did USC, hats off to them both.

FUS1ON
01-05-2004, 11:52 PM
DD That's only because LSU kept shooting themselves in the foot with various mistakes. If LSU could have gotten the passing game to working even halfway decent it would have been a blowout. 14-24 for 153 yards, 5 sacks & 2 interections sucks compared to what they did to other ranked teams throughout the season.

LSU was very lucky their defense kept them in this game. They awarded the MVP to an offensive player (as usual :rolleyes: ), IMO it should have gone to Marcus Spears who intercepted a pass and returned it for what turned out to be the winning TD.

Oklahoma's lineup included winners of just about every offensive and defensive award given to college players including the Heisman and LSU still found a way to win and yet they are given very little respect.

Those comments made after the game that USC could beat LSU on ANY field except in the Super Dome sucked and it's a real shame that LSU won't have the chance to stick those anouncer's words back to where the sun never shines! :cool:

One of the announcers on ESPN said yesterday that "At the beginning of the season the teams all agreed to use the BCS standing to determine the Nat. Champion" and it seems to me now that the popular team/s (according to the AP writers) didn't play for the Nat. championship they changed the rules to fit what they want. They should do away with one or the other to cut back on confusion on how is #1. This year they have to use the BCS 'cause I said so. :P

Take this Georgia! AWESOME VIDEO (http://www.fightintigahs.com/SECChamp.htm)

MANSON
01-06-2004, 12:22 AM
One of the pharmacist at work went to the game. He paid $1200 for 2 tickets!!
Would of loved to gone but not at that price!!

Grimmy
01-06-2004, 12:56 AM
Grats LSU! :thumbs:

Iowa Hawkeyes were in a bowl and they did some spanking! :jammin:

Seriously Stoned
01-06-2004, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by OUTLAWS SHOGUN@Jan 5 2004, 04:52 PM
DD That's only because LSU kept shooting themselves in the foot with various mistakes. If LSU could have gotten the passing game to working even halfway decent it would have been a blowout. 14-24 for 153 yards, 5 sacks & 2 interections sucks compared to what they did to other ranked teams throughout the season.

LSU was very lucky their defense kept them in this game. They awarded the MVP to an offensive player (as usual :rolleyes: ), IMO it should have gone to Marcus Spears who intercepted a pass and returned it for what turned out to be the winning TD.

Oklahoma's lineup included winners of just about every offensive and defensive award given to college players including the Heisman and LSU still found a way to win and yet they are given very little respect.

Those comments made after the game that USC could beat LSU on ANY field except in the Super Dome sucked and it's a real shame that LSU won't have the chance to stick those anouncer's words back to where the sun never shines! :cool:

One of the announcers on ESPN said yesterday that "At the beginning of the season the teams all agreed to use the BCS standing to determine the Nat. Champion" and it seems to me now that the popular team/s (according to the AP writers) didn't play for the Nat. championship they changed the rules to fit what they want. They should do away with one or the other to cut back on confusion on how is #1. This year they have to use the BCS 'cause I said so. :P

Take this Georgia! AWESOME VIDEO (http://www.fightintigahs.com/SECChamp.htm)
Well said Sho!! :thumbs: :wootrock:

LSU Tigers BCS #1

OUTLAWS Dixie Chick
01-06-2004, 01:02 AM
I saw the very end of the game and I knew my man, Shogun had a huge grin on his face! Congrats LSU! :jammin:

FUS1ON
01-06-2004, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by OUTLAWS Dixie Chick@Jan 5 2004, 07:02 PM
I saw the very end of the game and I knew my man, Shogun had a huge grin on his face! Congrats LSU! :jammin:
... and tears in his eyes because he got to share the moment with his dad while he is still around. I was so excited I almost said to him, "Hey pops pass me your oxygen bottle" :D

OUTLAWS Dixie Chick
01-06-2004, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by OUTLAWS SHOGUN+Jan 5 2004, 08:19 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (OUTLAWS SHOGUN @ Jan 5 2004, 08:19 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-OUTLAWS Dixie Chick@Jan 5 2004, 07:02 PM
I saw the very end of the game and I knew my man, Shogun had a huge grin on his face&#33;&nbsp; Congrats LSU&#33; :jammin:
... and tears in his eyes because he got to share the moment with his dad while he is still around. I was so excited I almost said to him, "Hey pops pass me your oxygen bottle" :D [/b][/quote]
:rofl: LOL Shoggy&#33; Were you hyperventilating? Glad you and your father could share a special moment together...treasure it and hold it close to your heart. :thumbs:

UZI
01-06-2004, 02:52 AM
Showgun,
I knew there was something great about you&#33;&#33;&#33;

GEAUX TIGERS :drink:

Hey fighting tigers go all the way
Hey fighting tigers let&#39;s win this one today

Victory for LSU

I admit that I was typically too drunk at the games to remember the rest. :drink:

UZI
01-06-2004, 03:02 AM
Showgun

Sorry about the spelling Shogun :WTF:

Death-Dude
01-07-2004, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by OUTLAWS SHOGUN@Jan 5 2004, 05:52 PM
DD That&#39;s only because LSU kept shooting themselves in the foot with various mistakes. If LSU could have gotten the passing game to working even halfway decent it would have been a blowout. 14-24 for 153 yards, 5 sacks & 2 interections sucks compared to what they did to other ranked teams throughout the season.

LSU was very lucky their defense kept them in this game. They awarded the MVP to an offensive player (as usual&nbsp; :rolleyes: ), IMO it should have gone to Marcus Spears who intercepted a pass and returned it for what turned out to be the winning TD.

Oklahoma&#39;s lineup included winners of just about every offensive and defensive award given to college players including the Heisman and LSU still found a way to win and yet they are given very little respect.

Those comments made after the game that USC could beat LSU on ANY field except in the Super Dome sucked and it&#39;s a real shame that LSU won&#39;t have the chance to stick those anouncer&#39;s words back to where the sun never shines&#33;&nbsp; :cool:&nbsp;

One of the announcers on ESPN said yesterday that "At the beginning of the season the teams all agreed to use the BCS standing to determine the Nat. Champion" and it seems to me now that the popular team/s (according to the AP writers) didn&#39;t play for the Nat. championship they changed the rules to fit what they want. They should do away with one or the other to cut back on confusion on how is #1. This year they have to use the BCS &#39;cause I said so.&nbsp; :P

Take this Georgia&#33; AWESOME VIDEO (http://www.fightintigahs.com/SECChamp.htm)
Sure, if you&#39;re an LSU fan you see it that way, but OU fans saw it as the Sooners shooting their own toes off&#33; Like an interception negated by yet another stupid penalty. Obviously, with 18 or 20 penalties in the game (and most I saw reviewed seemed like good calls) if either team had not committed so many, they could have pulled away, same goes for turnovers. It was sloppy for both teams, I thought, and kind of odd it didn&#39;t go lopsided, but the sloppiness seemed to negate both ways.
I really thought that LSU and USC should have played for the title. LSU and USC lost earlier games, back when OU looked like the clear &#39;best team&#39; in the nation. I can&#39;t imagine why their loss to KSU, bad, ugly, and in a championship game, didn&#39;t hurt them a little more in the polls. And, all those pundits like the ESPN team, they think USC would be a clear winner against the Tigers, but those are the same folks who gave KSU no chance to beat OU in the Big 12 game.

So, for you LSU fans, GEAUX INDEED&#33; I drive by Rosenblatt baseball stadium daily to and from work, and LSU always sends a huge contingent of great folks to the College World Series, even when LSU doesn&#39;t make it&#33; :jammin:

FUS1ON
01-07-2004, 06:29 PM
I agree with mostly everything you say if not all of it. It&#39;s a shame that we won&#39;t have a clear cut #1. Sure the Toejams have a trophy awarded to them from the AP writers, BUT if people want to see the National Championship Trophy they are gnna have to come on down to Baton Rouge&#33; :thumbs:

BTW Those Sports Illustrated ads on TV blow&#33; :down:

UZI
01-08-2004, 02:52 AM
Is Sport Illustrated running their National Champ Crap with USC?

Sport Illustrated always sides with the AP because they have a vote in the AP Poll and not the Coaches/USA Today/ESPN Poll.

They did the same to Nebraska when Michigan took the AP by beating a #8 team and Nebraska took #1 in the Coaches/USA Today/ESPN Poll by beating #3 Tenn.

I&#39;ll take the coahes poll over the AP any day. When has the AP ever gotten anything right. They rarely ever pick the #1 Basketball Team or Baseball Team prior to the tournement.

FUS1ON
01-08-2004, 08:27 AM
Vote and check out the results LINK (http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/2004-01-04-champ-survey.htm)

Kinda lopsided huh? :oooo:

UZI
01-09-2004, 01:27 AM
GEAUX TIGERS&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Death-Dude
01-09-2004, 03:04 AM
Originally posted by UZI@Jan 7 2004, 08:52 PM
Is Sport Illustrated running their National Champ Crap with USC?

Sport Illustrated always sides with the AP because they have a vote in the AP Poll and not the Coaches/USA Today/ESPN Poll.

They did the same to Nebraska when Michigan took the AP by beating a #8 team and Nebraska took #1 in the Coaches/USA Today/ESPN Poll by beating #3 Tenn.

I&#39;ll take the coahes poll over the AP any day. When has the AP ever gotten anything right. They rarely ever pick the #1 Basketball Team or Baseball Team prior to the tournement.
Yeah, it was the same, but NU was over-rated that year - as most years, and I thought Michigan would have ripped their throats out that year. NU always builds strenght by playing amazingly weak out of sched teams, then usually a pretty weak conference. Now the Big 12 is a better conference, and all the good teams whooped them hard.
With LSU and the USC, I could see either team winning. Both teams have a loss, proving they&#39;re not inbeatable, so when emphatic blowholes like Lee Corso go on a rant, it is surely because they are paid handsomely to have an opinion, not because they know any more than the next guy on the street.

Mind you, I&#39;m a Hawkeye fan, and I was mighty proud of the whooping they put on the Gators....if only LSU hadn&#39;t stumbled against them, there&#39;d be no Number 1 discussion&#33;&#33;

I&#39;m serious about the LSU fans, though, you can always see their groups(s) in the camping area at the CWS, and they&#39;re always good folks to sit down and chat with. If any of you make that trip, and find yourselves in Omaha, please get ahold of me, I&#39;ll buy you some drinks&#33;

FUS1ON
01-13-2004, 01:19 AM
They finally got that Mars explorer working again the other day and below is one of the first pics it sent back. The Martians are even Tiger fans&#33; :cool:

UZI
01-13-2004, 02:38 AM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Cool Death-Dude. I really want to make it to the CWS one of these days. :drink:

Iowa looked totally tough against Florida. Good to see them back in the hunt. Are they going to return a lot of players?

UZI
01-13-2004, 02:40 AM
The :rofl: refers to the LSU flag on Mars. Good one Shogun.